Options

The standard of talent on The Voice UK has been far superior to the X Factor

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know this might be a popular viewpoint, but with the exception of Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke I can't think of a single XF contestant who has been a patch on some of the singers on this show. Leanne, Ruth, Bo, Tyler, Jaz, Joelle just off the stop of my head - it really is all about "The Voice" as demonstrated by Leanne winning. It's a shame that so many people would rather watch a freakshow than something that showcases genuine vocal ability.

Comments

• Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Bo would get on XF the rest lack charisma and star quality
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Bo would get on XF the rest lack charisma and star quality

This show is not about charisma or star quality, it is about "the Voice".
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Agreed, a lot of them smoked XF - Bo, Tyler and Vince will go on to huge things as well, and rightfully so The Voice (Leanne) won, I just hope they come up for her the right material.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The voices were generally of a much higher quality than usually wash up on the XF.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Maybe someone should have told the show that.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    If you like shouty performers The Voice is the place to be.
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    You're entirely correct....there wasn't even a jedward type..unless you include the "I can't beleive it's not buttery" fella.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you like shouty performers The Voice is the place to be.

Funny, I didn't hear anyone shouting tonight.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    You can't really compare the two, though. The X Factor has never been about finding a voice, it's more about finding someone who could be a pop star.
  • Options
    yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    You can't really compare the two, though. The X Factor has never been about finding a voice, it's more about finding someone who could be a pop star.

The x-factor is more about which judge wins rather than the artist who wins.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooo, let's see. Leon Jackson? What's the name of the first XF winner again? The second one had potential, but faded into oblivion now... Matt Cardle is a pop star? Really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo, let's see. Leon Jackson? What's the name of the first XF winner again? The second one had potential, but faded into oblivion now... Matt Cardle is a pop star? Really?

You forgot the international superstar that is Steve Brookstein;):D
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Olly Murs, One Direction, JLS all have had incredible success.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I didn't say all of the winners were pop stars, I said it's about finding someone who is one :p
  • Options
    sward669sward669 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be fair must of the finalists have auditioned for the XF :o
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    I think we'll struggle to remember the winner of The Voice by the time the new series of the X Factor starts. :D
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say all of the winners were pop stars, I said it's about finding someone who is one :p

Okay, Marcus Collins? Rhydian?

I do think they have Alexandra Burke. Or Leona Lewis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sward669 wrote: »
    to be fair must of the finalists have auditioned for the XF :o

Yep and didn't get anywhere.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, Olly Murs, JLS, Diana Vickers, One Direction, Rebecca Ferguson, Cher Lloyd - all popular artists who have done well to one extent or another. I think it's a bit disingenuous to suggest, as you seem to be doing, that the show has never found a pop star. It's found several.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay, Marcus Collins? Rhydian?

I do think they have Alexandra Burke. Or Leona Lewis.

:sleep: I did say not all of the contestants were pop stars.
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this might be a popular viewpoint, but with the exception of Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke I can't think of a single XF contestant who has been a patch on some of the singers on this show. Leanne, Ruth, Bo, Tyler, Jaz, Joelle just off the stop of my head - it really is all about "The Voice" as demonstrated by Leanne winning. It's a shame that so many people would rather watch a freakshow than something that showcases genuine vocal ability.

I agree apart from the fact that I loved Shane Ward when he was on his voice was perfect IMO.
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After feeling SO enthusiastic about the Voice.I really didn't see what was so special about this final or the last 8 or what sets their voices apart from anything you;d see on X Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree apart from the fact that I loved Shane Ward when he was on his voice was perfect IMO.

Yeah, he was really screwed over by the show imo. He's in the West End now though so it's all good. He had the last laugh.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X Factor has found plenty of successful popstars and is continuing to do so. It is also a hugely popular show that has delivered some of the best tv ratings in decades and been an international talking point for the last few years. The Voice has been a ratings and critical flop. Dull, ripped off song choices, laughable production standard and contestants that have proved to be a complete charisma vaccuum. If you want a singing show based on pure vocals then you are better off watching American Idol, which blows ALL of these shows out of the water anyway. If you want entertainment that delivers charting artists at the end, watch The X Factor. If you want pomped up, condescending mediocrity then of course you can go ahead and watch The Voice. This thread is further evidence of this.

By the way, you are doing a disservice to the very many X Factor contestants over the years who have been excellent singers. Misha B, TreyC, Rebecca F, Mary, John Adeleye, Joe and countless more. So don't act like The Voice has been a revolution of talent. It hasn't been.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear!