TV box not working

Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
Forum Member
Hello All

Just wanted to know if I need to keep a box switched on for it to stay working?

The reason I ask this is because the TV in my bedroom died about a week before xmas and so I have not been using the Cable box attached to it so it has sat unplugged since then. I switched it on yesterday (no TV connected) to see if any downloads were necessay and basically it is frozen on Channel 3 and none of the buttons on the front are working.

Is the box broken or have I caused the problem by leaving it switched off for so long?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    What caused the TV to die? Seems odd that both appliances died at the same time. Power surge? Lightning? But no, of course leaving it switched off shouldn't cause a fault.
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you leave it switched off for a few weeks you need to call 150 to re-enable the card
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't be stuck on one channel with no buttons working though...
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Timotei75 wrote: »
    Shouldn't be stuck on one channel with no buttons working though...

Difficult to say without a tv connected so you know what it's saying on screen
    Forum Member
    No it's not. The LCD on the front of the box should display the channel number whilst operating the remote or front panel. Always. No question. No need for connection to a TV.
  • Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Thank you for you're suggestions everyone. I will wait until I get a new TV and call them to see what can be done.