Options

PETER ANDRES Sixty Minute Makeover

Comments

• Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to really enjoy watching 60 Minute makeover show. They have ruined it! Peter is just too cheesy!http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/peter-andres-60-minute-makeover-2799979
    The Daily mirror Kev is spot on
  • Options
    GrolsGrols Posts: 300,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blimey, today's makeover was awful. I don't think the home owners were that smitten either :eek:
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »
    For all the obvious dislike of P.A on this forum he sure creates a lot of interest.

He gives us something to moan about :p
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    G3rol wrote: »
    Blimey, today's makeover was awful. I don't think the home owners were that smitten either :eek:

What a mess!

Why do they keep banging on about meditation and chill out? Theres no way you could mediate amongst all that clutter and colours.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't believe it......surely the loudest, busiest, most floral, clashy patterned, energising room ever...... for that poor man to try and meditate in! :D
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe it......surely the loudest, busiest, most floral, clashy patterned, energising room ever...... for that poor man to try and meditate in! :D

I haven't seen today's ep, but it's as bad as Changing Rooms. It's as if the "designers" are trying to win an exam..... The other day there was an elderly man whose living room was so crammed full of settees and armchairs he would have needed a zimmer frame to tackle the obstacle course, and why, oh why, are there still so many cushions you can't sit down on the chairs?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member

I use to live just up the road from there and cannot believe that was the only one I wanted to watch and miss it :o

Off to Iplayer then. Will I need sunglasses? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I use to live just up the road from there and cannot believe that was the only one I wanted to watch and miss it :o

Off to Iplayer then. Will I need sunglasses? :D

Bella, you'll need a Neurologist! :p

Today's though was lovely. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

That bad ey :D

I did see some photo's of todays and it did look nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Jezz That living room was bad :eek:

Was nice to see their neighbours keeping the christmas lights up through the summer :D
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    I use to really enjoy watching 60 Minute makeover show. They have ruined it! Peter is just too cheesy!http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/peter-andres-60-minute-makeover-2799979
    The Daily mirror Kev is spot on

I just read the review and loved the bit at the end "but at least he loves his kids". Brilliant :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strangely compelling! :o I think they've spent a bit more money this time and had a bash at trying to make it more sleek, just the two rooms makes more sense. I'd have thought Peter was a bit of a risk, but must admit he's relaxed and natural chatting to the families. Not convinced he's quite so popular with the designers and decorators though, as he seems to wreck anything he touches! :D

Oh and I know there's keeping it real, but I'm not sure we needed to know yesterday he was desperate for the loo then see him emerge doing up his jeans. :eek:
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is hard to watch. he must be desperate for money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im actually tempted to nominate someone to go on here! I even got as far as attempting to apply but it says they dont know yet if there will be another series.
  • Options
    duomeduome Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    looked really little next to the woman today! not just short, but little!
  • Options
    duomeduome Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    ...and suddenly taller at the reveal, standing on a box?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it me or is there something insincere about this family?

The sob story is a woman splits up with her husband after their business fails. Shes used to the finer things in life after being rich, so now shes struggling to cope in a rented house.

But despite that she can afford a new business which she owns, and has a part time job too. The house actually looks alright, just maybe needs painting to a colour she likes. Structurally its fine. Im not sure how they are getting round the fact its rented as they are taking out a fireplace!

I dont usually go for sob stories on shows like this but im cringing at how they are making out shes suffered when shes actually probably better off than most people!

Edit, the daughters now turning her nose up at everything! God knows how this will turn out. It seems the mother doesnt like anything the designers have suggested, so why dont she do it herself?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Is it me or is there something insincere about this family?

The sob story is a woman splits up with her husband after their business fails. Shes used to the finer things in life after being rich, so now shes struggling to cope in a rented house.

But despite that she can afford a new business which she owns, and has a part time job too. The house actually looks alright, just maybe needs painting to a colour she likes. Structurally its fine. Im not sure how they are getting round the fact its rented as they are taking out a fireplace!

I dont usually go for sob stories on shows like this but im cringing at how they are making out shes suffered when shes actually probably better off than most people!

Edit, the daughters now turning her nose up at everything! God knows how this will turn out. It seems the mother doesnt like anything the designers have suggested, so why dont she do it herself?

The, hot, daughter seems to be stage centre and front, maybe she's after a model/TV career
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cant believe it! Its hard for the mum because they used to live in a large house with a swimming pool and owned 5 other houses! They holidayed in the caribbean and had a successful restaurant.

But now shes divorced and lost the lot they are struggling to live normal humble lives.

I am struggling to see why she needs her living room decorating?

Secretly hoping she will hate it. Seems odd theyre only doing one room. Usually you get three or four but all they are doing is the sort of thing the family couldve done themselves.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the previous presenter who gave up a good job at the BBC to do this show and is now out of a job!

I'm sorry but she was awful. Completely out of her depth not being ensconced in half a million pound houses with middle class couples. She constantly looked as though she was scared of getting mugged in some of the estates the show came from! :D She had zero empathy or enthusiasm. Bring back Teri I say! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I cant believe it! Its hard for the mum because they used to live in a large house with a swimming pool and owned 5 other houses! They holidayed in the caribbean and had a successful restaurant.

But now shes divorced and lost the lot they are struggling to live normal humble lives.

I am struggling to see why she needs her living room decorating?

Secretly hoping she will hate it. Seems odd theyre only doing one room. Usually you get three or four but all they are doing is the sort of thing the family couldve done themselves.

How can she be deserving of a make over :confused:

Just turned it on and he just said it is not done in an hour but done in a day :eek: Did I hear that right?

I do not believe it was ever done in an hour anyway :rolleyes:

Mmm listening to the story it's a bit off a sob story/ego boost for their failure. Not really what the show is about!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    The, hot, daughter seems to be stage centre and front, maybe she's after a model/TV career

She also made it look like PA was standing in a hole :D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,018
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    How can she be deserving of a make over :confused:

Just turned it on and he just said it is not done in an hour but done in a day :eek: Did I hear that right?

I do not believe it was ever done in an hour anyway :rolleyes:

Mmm listening to the story it's a bit off a sob story/ego boost for their failure. Not really what the show is about!

Hey you are forgetting this is Saint Pete, superhero who waved his magic wand and produced a goldmine his children. This programme is now dire with him at the helm, why's it HIS makeover...when it's the work of the designer.

Looks like ITV are full filling a contract commitment with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Hey you are forgetting this is Saint Pete, superhero who waved his magic wand and produced a goldmine his children. This programme is now dire with him at the helm, why's it HIS makeover...when it's the work of the designer.

Looks like ITV are full filling a contract commitment with him.

:D All true.

I cannot stand him and I think this is the 2nd one I have watched but can see me turning off very soon. My god is that daughter a bitch :mad: knocking everything the designer is explaining :rolleyes:

As he is giving up his ITV2 show ,or so I have heard, I have a feeling it will now be overload on ITV1 :yawn:
  • Options
    Janey BJaney B Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Why does he leave his signature when it isn't his design?