Options

La Femme Nikita

LMLM Posts: 63,611
Forum Member
✭✭
As i am currently watching the final series of Nikita, it made me want to find another spy show. I already had watched Alias during it's original 5 year run and Covert Affairs is on my list to see eventually but then I reminded myself of the Nikita show they did in the 90's which ran for 5 seasons. I am gonna check it out soon.

Any one here a fan or may wanna check it out themselves?

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As i am currently watching the final series of Nikita, it made me want to find another spy show. I already had watched Alias during it's original 5 year run and Covert Affairs is on my list to see eventually but then I reminded myself of the Nikita show they did in the 90's which ran for 5 seasons. I am gonna check it out soon.

Any one here a fan or may wanna check it out themselves?

If you liked 'Nikita' you'll definitely like 'Le Femme Nikita'.

Peta Wilson is very good as Nikita. Lots of twists and turns like 'Nikita'.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you liked 'Nikita' you'll definitely like 'Le Femme Nikita'.

Peta Wilson is very good as Nikita. Lots of twists and turns like 'Nikita'.

Just found the Canadian series is on XBMC so started watching it last night. I have to say that the French Canadian actor playing Michael (Roy Dupois) is very distracting as his blue eyes kind of draw you in. No wonder in the US series they made Michael a bit more 'rough' shall we say!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Initially I found '90's Nikita to be fun but a bit childish and clichéd. For example, almost every episode would have an early scene in which the bad guy killed off his own trusted accomplice in order to show how bad he was. I got properly interested when Nikita had risen through the ranks to the point where she was sometimes asked to test or evaluate newer recruits, and where some of the side characters got more developed.

However, after a while I lost interest. It just seemed to go on too long. I gave up on it before it finished. Even if it was available now I doubt I'd bother with it.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    I love La Femme Nikita, one of my favourite shows and re watch it every couple of years. The only downfall was the disastrous final season where not all bad definitely lost its way and became too much of parody of its former self.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks peeps

I am trying to fit it in at some point, as i am going between re-watching doctor who series 5-7 plus specials, farscape and Babylon 5.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think I saw the final season (and half the one before). Just another show my family decided to finish watching...WITHOUT ME. Psi-Files, Poltergheist legacy and god knows how many others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finished season 1 yesterday and I really liked it. Very slow in places, with some not so amazing acting and a lack of a good story arc, but i have 4 more seasons to see if that improves. Plus i love a nice australian accent and they clearly allowed Peta Wilson to keep it.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love La Femme Nikita - I have the entire series on dvd and often get it out to watch, agree about Roy Dupois :blush: and agree with *marv* about the final season!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to resume my watching of the show and began season 4. The show just better and better with each season. Without a doubt, one of the best spy shows i have seen. I also think it is much better than the remake Nikita. While Nikita had better acting, i think La Femme Nikita has much better story arcs that don't leave you confused and have to remind yourself of what has just happened. The arcs are drawn and spread out in a way that as a viewer, i can keep a track on what is going on. Nikita for me did the opposite. Sometimes too much would happen and too much information would be relayed to a viewer to remember.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this originally a French film ?

I watched it on TV with sub-titles and thought it was brilliant even tho' I normally don't like sub-titles

So if you enjoyed the series try and film a sub titled version of the film !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Wasn't this originally a French film ?

I watched it on TV with sub-titles and thought it was brilliant even tho' I normally don't like sub-titles

So if you enjoyed the series try and film a sub titled version of the film !

Indeed it was

It's been on my list of movies to see for a while. I'll fit it in eventually.
  • Options
    TorquarTorquar Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    There was an american remake of the original film too, "Assassin" with Bridget Fonda as lead character "Nina".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the last two seasons as much. Nikta became a very robotic cold unlikeable character. Two cast members were killed off towards the end of season 4. One major cast member had a reduced role in season 5. It began to fall apart. However I kinda liked the series finale. It went against everything i predicted it would go. It ended in a very bleak way.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torquar wrote: »
    There was an american remake of the original film too, "Assassin" with Bridget Fonda as lead character "Nina".
    The Maggie Q Nikita series can be viewed as a direct sequel to either of these movies.
    Whereas the Peta Wilson La Femme Nikita series had as its pilot ep a rejigged version of the movie. But yawl knew this already, right ?! :p