Options

Why don't People Who dont like Football, Not Like Football ?

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not being a sexy, but I am in my forties and when I was a kid women simply didn't like football, they like Coronation Street and later EastEnders.

Now though most people, including the pretty ones with boobs, seem to have a team.

But, there are still folk out there who don't like football.

Comments

• Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speechless.
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite happy to believe that the op is not a sexy. The rest of the post is piffle
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't see the point of it.

Then again I don't see the point of Soaps either.

Each to their own.
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like soaps, it's mind fodder to stop you thinking too much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Ah, the old "I'm not sexy but..."
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Not being a sexy, but I am in my forties and when I was a kid women simply didn't like football, they like Coronation Street and later EastEnders.

Now though most people, including the pretty ones with boobs, seem to have a team.

King hell.

Women play rugby and cricket also. Shock horror. We allow them to play golf as well these days.

: rolleyes :
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forget football, all the ladies will be into rugby now

Naked Rugby Players Disrupt District Line

http://www.chiswickw4.com/default.asp?section=info&page=concrime801.htm
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It Is a good job that the op told us he isn't being sexy as this is the least alluring thing I have read. "Even the pretty ones with boobs" made me lol. Glad he isn't trying to laugh me into bed.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find men who don't like football weird. It lowers my opinion of them immediately. (I'm a woman).
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these negatives are making my head spin. :(
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I find men who don't like football weird. It lowers my opinion of them immediately. (I'm a woman).

I don't like football and I find shallow women a massive turn off. ;)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

I prefer cricket. :p

And an odd statement to make IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's just as well as we all like different types as I'm the exact opposite. The minute a man says he likes football it's the end of the chance of any romantic relationship for me :D
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the old "I'm not sexy but..."

Actual LOL.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Have never really been interested in football, even as a lad I wasn't interested in playing it or watching it, went to one match (leyton orient playing someone) when I was a kid (my friend invited me along) and have watched a few times when england have been playing

Have also Played a few football video games
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Because it's JUST A GAME. It has no importance or value beyond that. Liking football is fine but there is no more credit to liking it than to liking Dungeons & Dragons.

If the amount of money and energy that is expended on football was channelled into something constructive the world would be better for it.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Starpuss wrote: »
    It's just as well as we all like different types as I'm the exact opposite. The minute a man says he likes football it's the end of the chance of any romantic relationship for me :D

Really, even if he was your ideal man, totally liked him? Not all guys who like football are obsessed; talking living and breathing it - some are quite sensible. :)

I like football, but always have though; it's just as well cause my son loves it. I end up watching at least one or two games a week.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soaps have better acting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Really, even if he was your ideal man, totally liked him? Not all guys who like football are obsessed; talking living and breathing it - some are quite sensible. :)

I like football, but always have though; it's just as well cause my son loves it. I end up watching at least one or two games a week.

But he wouldn't be my ideal man if he liked football :D (nothing against men who do like it! as we all like all different things, otherwise the world would be boring).
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha.
    I know of a few people who don't watch football unless it is the major world cup games.
    I watch football and corrie.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soaps have better acting.

I beg to differ. Some of the footballers' reactions to being fouled are worthy of a BAFTA. A tiny tap on the shoulder can result in a player rolling around the pitch as if he had been rugby tackled by a rhino.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know a lot of men who don't like football, I also know a lot that do. i hate the game myself. A load of highly paid men running after a ball and then when they kick in into the back of a net they hug each other as if they done something really special.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's really weird, you expect all men to like one specific sport?
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are one sexy mofo, OP
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I beg to differ. Some of the footballers' reactions to being fouled are worthy of a BAFTA. A tiny tap on the shoulder can result in a player rolling around the pitch as if he had been rugby tackled by a rhino.

Or as I heard recently Steven Gerrard is currently inundated with offers from personal Injury law firms. Slip, trip or fall.