Sofabet predictions

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
These were made before the live shows started:

http://sofabet.com/2014/10/08/x-factor-2014-1-16-pre-lives-prediction/

They got Andrea at no 3

Ben at no 4

They were wildly out with Fleur but got Blonde Electra right at 16;-)

Comments

• Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sofabet predictions did make sense before the live shows. Stereo Kicks were obviously a priority act and the show really tried to make them happen, but the public wouldn't play ball. Also, Lola was clearly meant to be last girl standing, but she crumbled. I don't think many people would have predicted Fleur would have got as far as she did.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll teach Sofabet for so ridiculously accusing the British public of being a bunch of racists. "Fleur is black so she won't do well" - utterly ridiculous
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon, Louis and Cheryl all bet on Stereo Kicks to win the show pre-lives too.
    It made sense.

The story of the show writes itself mostly during the live shows. The script is adapted to what contestants do on stage. It's very difficult to get it right pre-lives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Sofabet is always better at predicting things after the fact. ;-)

It's a fun read, but their conspiracy theories get hilariously over the top sometimes.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of the stuff Sofabet says makes sense, but I believe they think the producers on X-Factor are a lot smarter than they really are. You only have to look at the Twitter for that Mark guy who is a senior producer to tell he is not the sharpest tool in the box.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for the most part, sofabet spout a load of sh*te
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Stroop X wrote: »
    Sofabet is always better at predicting things after the fact. ;-)

It's a fun read, but their conspiracy theories get hilariously over the top sometimes.

I agree

they use the benefit of hindsight to shoehorn what happened into their theories
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I don't think many people would have predicted Fleur would have got as far as she did.

Without all the pimping sofabet may have not been too far off.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These predictions are made as a bit of a pre-lives joke within the Sofabet community and are not supposed to be taken seriously.

No one is going to predict what the producers' intentions are over the 12 weeks, but you can watch a show and see what they are up to, to make informed decisions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just shows that they don't really know what they're talking about. They couldn't of been much more wrong!
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, because nothing says 'pimping' quite like being accused of cheating.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    To be fair to the sofabet people, they have to hyperanalyze everything since there could be substantial amounts of money at stake for a lot of them.

They are usually ultimately way off though.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the problem, it makes me laugh people saying in hindsight they got a lot wrong. They were never aware of what the producers plans were and could only adapt with each passing week based on what they saw!