2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Flipping Love Tim Wonnacott, Hopefully he gets a few weeks :D

So do I and hope he stays for a good while .

Must be one of the oldest line up of celebs ever .
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Pixie will win.
    Zorah88 wrote: »
    Or Frankie

Lol, a MAN IS GOING to WIN :cool::cool::cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Lol, a MAN IS GOING to WIN :cool::cool::cool:

edy, you do know Frankie's a woman from the Saturday's girl group :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    This is sweet what Tim says about doing SCD:

My wife and I are big fans of the show and this year we’ll be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. She loves dancing but it’s never really been my specialty. I would love to pick up even just a few moves so that come our anniversary, I can take her out and show her a good time!”

He may not be a joke duffer contestant and will be willing to try his best to learn properly.

Awwwww how lovely :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    edy, you do know Frankie's a woman from the Saturday's girl group :)

Really :o:o???

She won't win ...
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Does anyone knows WHO are the 2 shortest men in this line up ???

Gregg Wallace is one of them I think.
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Wright - 1.88m
    Thom Evans - 1.83m
    Jake Wood - 1.80m
    Steve Backshall - 1.80m
    Scott Mills - 1.78m
    Tim Wonnacott - 1.78m (allegedly)
    Simon Webbe - 1.77m
    Gregg Wallace - 1.72m
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »
    Mark Wright - 1.88m
    Thom Evans - 1.83m
    Jake Wood - 1.80m
    Steve Backshall - 1.80m
    Scott Mills - 1.78m
    Simon Webbe - 1.77m
    Gregg Wallace - 1.72m

Brilliant, can you do the female line up as well?
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alison Hammond - 1.78m
    Pixie Lott - 1.73m
    Judy Murray - 1.69m
    Caroline Flack - 1.63m
    Jennifer Gibney - unknown (at guess, around 1.73m)
    Frankie Bridge - unknown sorry
    Sunetra Sarker - unknown sorry

Feel free to add / edit these - but this is all I could find!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison Hammond - 1.78m/ 5'10
    Pixie Lott - 1.73m/ 5'8
    Judy Murray - 1.69m/ 5'6 and a half
    Caroline Flack - 1.63m/ 5'4
    Jennifer Gibney - unknown (at guess, around 1.73m)/5'8

This is what i found, I have also added in foot measurements above for ease (for me :blush:)

Frankie is 1.68m/ 5'6
    Sunetra is 1.60m/ 5'3
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, didn't realise Alison was as tall as that.
    Touching 6 foot in heels in then?
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    This is what i found, I have also added in foot measurements above for ease (for me :blush:)

Frankie is 1.68m/ 5'6
    Sunetra is 1.60m/ 5'3

This website lists Frankie as 5'3, and is an interview with her, but Google immediatwly comes up with 1.68m/5'6, so it could be either.
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that all the celebs have been announced I had expected the front page to be full of alliteratively titled asterisked threads has he woken up yet ? ;)
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's some discrepancies on some people's heights, so these are the definite ones (or it is the only specified one):

Alison - 5ft 10 (IMDB)
    Pixie - 1.73m (Wikipedia, translates as about 5ft 9)
    Caroline - 1.63m (Wikipedia and others, translates as 5ft 4)
    Frankie - 5ft 3 (according to OK Magazine)
    Sunetra - 5ft/5ft 1 (according to FamousWiki)

Jake - 1.80m (Wikipedia and IMDB, which translates to 6ft - not the 5ft 10 and 3/4 that IMDB say it is)
    Steve- 1.80m (Wikipedia, which again is 6ft)
    Scott - one site has him listed as 5ft 10 or 178cm, when 178cm is more 5ft 11.
    Simon - Most places have him at 1.77-1.78m, which is about 5ft 11.
    Gregg - A Mirror article puts him at 5ft 8

Judy - nothing specific stated, but compared to Andy (who's 6ft 3), she looks to be around 5ft 6
    Jennifer - again nothing specific, but compared to Brendan (her husband, who's only about 5ft 3), she looks to be somewhere between 5ft 3 and 5ft 6.
    Tim - Tim states his height as 6ft, although it is disputed as being more like 5ft 9.
    Mark - slight discrepancy here, IMDB has him as 5ft 10, whilst Wikipedia has him at 1.88m, which is about 6ft 3. Most likely he's in the middle at around 6ft.
    Thom - A few places have Thom's height as 6ft, whilst a couple of others list it as 6ft 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In this picture, Anton looks a little taller than Tim which would put Tim at just under 5'11.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    This website lists Frankie as 5'3, and is an interview with her, but Google immediatwly comes up with 1.68m/5'6, so it could be either.

Ah...it's hard to know who is correct isn't it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Caroline was 5"2, she's proper tiny.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've tried to have a look at pictures of the band to see how Frankie compares to the others - Mollie is stated to be 5ft 4, so I particularly looked for pictures of the 2 of them. As far as I can tell, they look to be the same height, so I'd say Frankie definitely isn't 5ft 6, maybe 5ft 5 at the most. Personally I'd put her at 5ft 4 as well.
  • MuinimulaMuinimula Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Last year’s footballer’s wife Abbey Clancy was a model, TV regular and gossip column fixture. This year’s footballer’s wife Frankie Bridge, well, isn’t."
    Yeah, she's just had 19 top ten hits in two pop groups. Not worth a mention, is it?

"Previous boyband hunks have been from arena-fillers McFly and Westlife. This year’s boyband hunk, Simon Webbe from Blue, was declared bankrupt last year."
    Wikipedia tells me McFly have worldwide sales of 7 million, Blue have 10 million.

"If Beeb bigwigs wanted to keep it in-house, they should have looked at heavy-hitters such as Top Gear, Doctor Who, Call the Midwife and The Apprentice, not the soaps and daytime schedules."
    They've never had anyone from these shows before. Why would this series be any different?

What a silly article.

My only thought is that I'd rather Gregg Wallace had been replaced by another sportsman. To have a cast of 8 men and the most prominent sportsman be Thom Evans seems a bit odd, but hey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried to have a look at pictures of the band to see how Frankie compares to the others - Mollie is stated to be 5ft 4, so I particularly looked for pictures of the 2 of them. As far as I can tell, they look to be the same height, so I'd say Frankie definitely isn't 5ft 6, maybe 5ft 5 at the most. Personally I'd put her at 5ft 4 as well.

It's particularly hard to judge with Frankie because she always wears such high heels, but I've just found these pictures of Frankie with her husband of Wayne Bridge who is 5'11 (and I'm assuming that height is correct as he was professional footballer) and she doesn't look that much shorter than him, so I'm leaning more to 5'6 now.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/celebrities/201210139674/frankie-sandford-wayne-bridge-la/0-48-434/frankie-sandford-3--a.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/17/article-2464731-18CBE96000000578-373_634x859.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So two pretty tall women, that's why Ian should still be dancing on SCD .
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Muinimula wrote: »
    "Last year’s footballer’s wife Abbey Clancy was a model, TV regular and gossip column fixture. This year’s footballer’s wife Frankie Bridge, well, isn’t."
    Yeah, she's just had 19 top ten hits in two pop groups. Not worth a mention, is it?

"Previous boyband hunks have been from arena-fillers McFly and Westlife. This year’s boyband hunk, Simon Webbe from Blue, was declared bankrupt last year."
    Wikipedia tells me McFly have worldwide sales of 7 million, Blue have 10 million.

"If Beeb bigwigs wanted to keep it in-house, they should have looked at heavy-hitters such as Top Gear, Doctor Who, Call the Midwife and The Apprentice, not the soaps and daytime schedules."
    They've never had anyone from these shows before. Why would this series be any different?

What a silly article.

My only thought is that I'd rather Gregg Wallace had been replaced by another sportsman. To have a cast of 8 men and the most prominent sportsman be Thom Evans seems a bit odd, but hey.

Great post, and totally sums up what a load of codswallop that article is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Wright - 1.88m
    Thom Evans - 1.83m
    Jake Wood - 1.80m
    Steve Backshall - 1.80m
    Scott Mills - 1.78m
    Simon Webbe - 1.77m
    Gregg Wallace - 1.72m
    Alison Hammond - 1.78m
    Pixie Lott - 1.73m
    Judy Murray - 1.69m
    Caroline Flack - 1.63m
    Jennifer Gibney - unknown (at guess, around 1.73m)

There's some discrepancies on some people's heights, so these are the definite ones (or it is the only specified one):

Alison - 5ft 10 (IMDB)
    Pixie - 1.73m (Wikipedia, translates as about 5ft 9)
    Caroline - 1.63m (Wikipedia and others, translates as 5ft 4)
    Frankie - 5ft 3 (according to OK Magazine)
    Sunetra - 5ft/5ft 1 (according to FamousWiki)

Jake - 1.80m (Wikipedia and IMDB, which translates to 6ft - not the 5ft 10 and 3/4 that IMDB say it is)
    Scott - one site has him listed as 5ft 10 or 178cm, when 178cm is more 5ft 11.
    Simon - Most places have him at 1.77-1.78m, which is about 5ft 11.
    Gregg - A Mirror article puts him at 5ft 8

Judy - nothing specific stated, but compared to Andy (who's 6ft 3), she looks to be around 5ft 6
    Jennifer - again nothing specific, but compared to Brendan (her husband, who's only about 5ft 3), she looks to be somewhere between 5ft 3 and 5ft 6.
    Tim - Tim states his height as 6ft, although it is disputed as being more like 5ft 9.
    Mark - slight discrepancy here, IMDB has him as 5ft 10, whilst Wikipedia has him at 1.88m, which is about 6ft 3. Most likely he's in the middle at around 6ft.
    Thom - A few places have Thom's height as 6ft, whilst a couple of others list it as 6ft 2.

Thank you :)
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always think of 1.8m as 6' (in a rule of thumb kind of way), but It's actually a shade under 5'11.

(6' in meters is 1.8288)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg Wallace is one of them I think.

So he'll probably have Janette or Ola.