Options

Trespass (2011) - Nicolas Cage + Nicole Kidman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
Forum Member
✭✭
A Joel Schumacher film that opens without any fanfare at all. Ouch!

He hasn't made a decent film in a number of years, and sadly this one doesn't change that. It's no surprise to find Nic Cage in a mediocre film but really, what was Nicole Kidman thinking?

The writer for this has only ever written episodes for the tv series Dead Like Me before, and unfortunately it shows.

This really should have just gone straight to DVD. A real shame for all concerned, but particularly Schumacher who has directed a number of fine films in the past.

Review here.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this a couple of weeks back ...I thought it had gone straight to dvd to be honest... Didnt think it was anything special .Nicole Kidman was decent with plenty of did she didnt she moments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe in America this film set a new record for shortest time elapsed between cinema and DVD release.

Has it even been released at the cinema over here? It was on Cineworld's 'upcoming' page for release on 11/11, but it's since disappeared.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Nicole Kidman must have pissed off some of Hollywood exec, apart from Rabbit Hole getting her an Oscar nomination last year what has happened to her career since the early 00s?
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe in America this film set a new record for shortest time elapsed between cinema and DVD release.

Has it even been released at the cinema over here? It was on Cineworld's 'upcoming' page for release on 11/11, but it's since disappeared.

It's listed on findanyfilm.com as currently showing, but in a very motley collection of cinemas.