Still able to view on 'shifted' channels!

gwynnegwynne Posts: 721
Forum Member
✭✭
Re the recent Freeview Channel changes I am puzzled as to why I am still able to view the channels which were 'shifted' on their original channel numbers i.e still getting BBC News on CH80 on a Samsung tv!
The Humax PVR's auto tuned to the new channels but the Samsung TVdid not.
Any ideas?

Comments

• technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So long as you have not retuned the LCN to PID mapping stay the same so you can stick with the old numbers ....
    Freeview HD devices and a few others handle LCN changes and new services automatically or with little viewer intervention ... And no need to retune .
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having re tuned one tv, it now has the added inconvenience of a 3 digit channel number for the news and childrens channels.

Unless or until a retune is needed to add any NEW services, I won't bother retuning the other tv's.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ProDave wrote: »
    Having re tuned one tv, it now has the added inconvenience of a 3 digit channel number for the news and childrens channels.

Unless or until a retune is needed to add any NEW services, I won't bother retuning the other tv's.

could you not edit the channel numbers yourself?

If so do the retune get whats changed like ITV Be and some other bits, then re order the children's and news sections back where they were or as close as!

I have personally edited mine so they are all three digit like a Sky/freesat/Virgin box does (not in the same order I have my own beyond the main 1-5!) so on mine the BBC red button interactive service (not BBC RB 1) is on 100 then after channel 5 on 105 all the BBC channels from BBC 3 and 4 to children's, news and Parliament to BBC RB 1 on 112. Then ITV's channels, then Channel 4's channels, then Channel 5's channels and then everything else.
    This is just my personal preference though!

You could have them as you want if your box/TV lets you move them!