Options

CS: what a load of drivel !!!!

roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did they not know what to do with anyone tonight hence the load of drivel about the sofa.

Comments

• Options
    DoubleOrchidDoubleOrchid Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    And what was the banana and tarantula story all about?
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Corrie has really gone backwards this week.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally disagree. This was my favourite episode for ages! Guess it all depends if you like the humour of Snobby Sally.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    I gave the second episode a miss and am watching the last 3 episodes of Doc Martin from 8 to 11pm
    Seems like I did the right thing
    I've been watching Coronation Street for 20 years and it's probably the worst it's been

Maybe when Blackburn goes it will improve
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Dreaddddfulll.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally disagree. This was my favourite episode for ages! Guess it all depends if you like the humour of Snobby Sally.
    Same. I loved the Webster scenes. I hope Diane stays too!

Also Dan Brocklebank made a decent debut as Billy, always liked him.
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the sofa story - that's Corrie. Snobby Sally, feckless Tim and some very clever oneliners
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member

I really enjoyed it too Sally is so snobbery-funny :D:D she really is on top form and I never get tired of her scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I actually enjoyed it :blush:
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well the spider story wasn't quite like the star said, tho it had its funny moments and I laughed at the diff story each time but we are weeks from xmas and we have a massive filler episode
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally salvaged the episodes almost single-handedly.. She was on top form tonight.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Sally Webster. Great character. Great actress.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only saw the second ep but quite enjoyed it. I actually think Anthony Cotton had quite good comic timing.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, Corrie is so bad now, thinking they're doing a good job with their boring half an hour episodes of just boring drivel, and tedious scripts...
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very rarely watch corrie but saw the 2nd episode tonight and thought the Kev/Sal/Tim/NuBird meal was very funny. Snobby Sally is brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what was the banana and tarantula story all about?

Uh-oh -- the giant spiders are now upon CS.

The sofa SL is funny, though.
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Corrie needs to improve.

We are near Christmas and I see Emmerdale and Eastenders have big stories to keep viewers watching whether it is Belle's mental health issues (ED) or Linda's rape reveal (EE), but what does Corrie have? There is nothing exciting at Christmas.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually thought the last few Corries have been the most "Coronation Street" in feeling for quite a while. The spider comments were a bit cringey but worth it for Michelle pretending one was crawling on Carla and Tim linking it into a distraction in the bistro. Nice to see Kevin doing something lighter than shouting and complaining as well.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Sally salvaged the episodes almost single-handedly.. She was on top form tonight.
    Yep, she and Tim usually brighten up the episodes.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually thought the last few Corries have been the most "Coronation Street" in feeling for quite a while. The spider comments were a bit cringey but worth it for Michelle pretending one was crawling on Carla and Tim linking it into a distraction in the bistro. Nice to see Kevin doing something lighter than shouting and complaining as well.

agree re the kevin bit, have really enjoyed him since he has been back. except that sean scene that was just weird but I blame the writers!
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    agree re the kevin bit, have really enjoyed him since he has been back. except that sean scene that was just weird but I blame the writers!

Oh god, I forgot about that. Yeah that scene and the dialogue was very 'un-Kevin'. The writers are really inconsistent at the moment and have been for quite a while now unfortunately. Enjoyed tonight and Wednesday though and really liking the Sally/Kevin/Tim partnership at the moment.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing was dreadful. Although, the actors made the best of a crap SL.
    That Diane woman would have to be stupid not to realise something was going on.

She fancies Kevin? :D:D:D

Or Kevin thinks he's in with a chance? :D:D:D
  • Options
    jaijayjaijay Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Loved Sinead at the club tonight.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    Dreaddddfulll.

I spoke too soon. The sofa stuff actually ended up being a very funny, quirky little story headed up flawlessly by the amazing and always hysterical Sally. That kind of humour is straight out of something like Gavin & Stacey.

I get what they were trying to do with the spider stuff but it just made me cringe. It was shoehorned into position.

And, as ever with Corrie in 2014, they've got the balance all wrong. Some of the stories that they've had this year would have worked much better had they been placed alongside something more dramatic or darker.