Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 3)

Comments

• LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    Now that is SOR. He runs a cab firm, that doesn't make him a businessman. :)

And I dont suppose he makes much money because he never has any drivers waiting for fairs.

LaineyT
  • Hootie19Hootie19 Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Here is a question, surely if Gary coming out the army will harm their chances of fostering then imagine that eddie leaving would also result in Faye being taken from Anna as I can't imagine her being able to fend for herself, run a 2/3 bedroom house and bring up a young child on the wages roy pays out for a cleaner/assistant on what must be part time hours. What's up with that?
    Really when eddie gave her the ultimatum by choosing Faye she lost eddie and Faye as a result adwell lol or should have anyway

Are we assuming, though, that Eddie and Anna have "officially" split up, and not just that he has gone to Germany to work for a while, and will be sending money home each month?

And would Anna be allowed to continue to look after Faye if that was the case? Would Eddie actually have to be living in the home for their arrangement to continue? And if so, does that mean that that, for example, those in the forces would not be allowed to foster in case they get posted abroad?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    Anna would be receiving a fostering allowance for Faye, yes.

I thought that Anna (well both of them initially), was adopting Faye, not fostering???
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hootie19 wrote: »
    Are we assuming, though, that Eddie and Anna have "officially" split up, and not just that he has gone to Germany to work for a while, and will be sending money home each month?

And would Anna be allowed to continue to look after Faye if that was the case? Would Eddie actually have to be living in the home for their arrangement to continue? And if so, does that mean that that, for example, those in the forces would not be allowed to foster in case they get posted abroad?
    Each application is assessed individually. If someone in the forces applied to adopt, their circumstances would be taken into consideration as part of the adoption process, and then they would be approved or disapproved on that basis. In Anna and Eddie's case, they applied on the basis that they were a stable long-term couple living together permanently. That has now changed, with Eddie having moved out of the family home, and since Faye is still with the family as a foster placement rather than her adoption having been finalised, the placement must now be reassessed based on that change of circumstance.
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    I thought that Anna (well both of them initially), was adopting Faye, not fostering???
    The intention is to adopt Faye, yes, but that hasn't happened yet - she has been placed with the family as a foster placement pending the formal adoption process. My little sister lived with my family as a foster placement for almost four years before her adoption was finalised in court. It can take quite some time for an adoption to go through the system, there is a lot of red tape, so in most cases the child would be placed with the adoptive family long before the adoption is finalised, so that they can begin to get to know each other properly and the child can have the benefits of being part of their new family without having to wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The intention is to adopt Faye, yes, but that hasn't happened yet - she has been placed with the family as a foster placement pending the formal adoption process. My little sister lived with my family as a foster placement for almost four years before her adoption was finalised in court. It can take quite some time for an adoption to go through the system, there is a lot of red tape, so in most cases the child would be placed with the adoptive family long before the adoption is finalised, so that they can begin to get to know each other properly and the child can have the benefits of being part of their new family without having to wait.

Ah, thanks for that, that makes sense. But I didn't realise they would be paid the fostering allowance (or whatever it is called) until the adoption went through.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Remember Steve's sausage :D

I'd rather not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Re the whole Claire thing. The police originally wanted to question her for the assault on Tracey. If Tracey didn't want to pursue it (and she hasn't mentioned it in the last five months) then wouldn't the police drop it? Or would they keep their files open? After all, she could easily be traced if solicitors have to send her contracts to sign, for the house or the butcher's shop. Speaking of which, why hasn't someone taken that over?? Even if the house is a private sale they'd have to involve solicitors to prepare the contracts. Added to which, of course, Claire went to live with her mother in France, so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of a decent detective to track them down.
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    grammiej wrote: »
    Re the whole Claire thing. The police originally wanted to question her for the assault on Tracey. If Tracey didn't want to pursue it (and she hasn't mentioned it in the last five months) then wouldn't the police drop it? Or would they keep their files open? .

I'm not sure it would be up to Tracy to drop the charges. As a criminal offence was committed in the assault and Claire was presumably formally charged and bailed, it would be up to the police to drop the charges.I agree she could fairly easily found and brought back to the UK to be tried if the police/CPS thought it worthwhile
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    On the ongoing Steve and Becky saga, I have credibility issues with Steve going behind Becky's back and going to Blackpool with Tracy and Amy (and thinking he could keep it a secret) and then a few days later dumping Max off with Kylie again behind Becky's back

Not so much bad judgement - more like a death wish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for that, that makes sense. But I didn't realise they would be paid the fostering allowance (or whatever it is called) until the adoption went through.

as well as claiming fostering allowance for my son i was given adoption allowance until he was 18 once the adoption went through,it may be different in other areas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grammiej wrote: »
    Re the whole Claire thing. The police originally wanted to question her for the assault on Tracey. If Tracey didn't want to pursue it (and she hasn't mentioned it in the last five months) then wouldn't the police drop it? Or would they keep their files open? After all, she could easily be traced if solicitors have to send her contracts to sign, for the house or the butcher's shop. Speaking of which, why hasn't someone taken that over?? Even if the house is a private sale they'd have to involve solicitors to prepare the contracts. Added to which, of course, Claire went to live with her mother in France, so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of a decent detective to track them down.
    Aye, as mentioned above, it wouldn't be up to Tracy to drop the charges at this point - and it was clear that she had no intention of doing so anyway, she ranted at length about Claire getting away with the assault on her. But I think we are meant to assume that the police don't think it is worth their while pursuing Claire to France and that Lloyd has got solicitors working on the paperwork for the house purchase in the background, but none of that is being mentioned on-screen as they probably think the legalities aren't interesting enough to warrant a storyline.
    itsmytime wrote: »
    as well as claiming fostering allowance for my son i was given adoption allowance until he was 18 once the adoption went through,it may be different in other areas.
    I think it can vary from case to case, to be honest. My parents never got adoption allowance for my sister, but they also never applied for it - they pursued the adoption privately rather than going through social services or an adoption agency. Chances are, though, that Anna is receiving an allowance for Faye and will probably continue to do so. The problem with Eddie leaving isn't that it leaves Anna unable to afford to keep Faye, but that she was placed with them as a stable two-parent family because that was what best suited Faye's needs, and now that they are no longer a stable two-parent family, the adoption panel might feel that it is no longer an appropriate placement.
  • IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. For some people who foster many children its a right money making racket. For other's its an honourable thing.

A lot of people will keep fostering a child for many years as opposed to adopting so they can keep raking in the cash - for example they are given a payment for minding the child, payments for the childs upkeep and bills, clothing allowances, and birthday and christmas present money and funds for trips and entertainments. Lets just say not ALL foster kids get the benefit.
    Well said, it's currently £300+ per child here in Essex + money for holidays taxies clothes etc. All the chavs do it round here, they just foster each others kids and nobody gives a hoot. Right old racket. I'm sure that in the old days there were real foster parents sho did it for love but nowadays ( generally) it's a good career move.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    why are these both women fighting over the same men

1st there was Lewis and Aud and Claud fight over him, next we have Marc(ia), and we see them yet again fighting over him :D, wonder who be next :yawn:

Tyrone?

He's a catch all right -single, businessman, homeowner, looker;)
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adwalton wrote: »
    Audrey doesn't want him. He was Claudia's boyfriend until she suspected him of being with another woman. The other woman wasn't Audrey. It was Marcia. Audrey was merely trying to advise him, as a friend, to come clean with Claudia.

I think Audrey is attracted to him but she wouldn't do the dirty on her friend.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything to do with that horrid character Becky.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Idlecat wrote: »
    Well said, it's currently £300+ per child here in Essex + money for holidays taxies clothes etc. All the chavs do it round here, they just foster each others kids and nobody gives a hoot. Right old racket. I'm sure that in the old days there were real foster parents sho did it for love but nowadays ( generally) it's a good career move.

Yep I have heard that - the common one is reporting yourself or child to social services then getting a family member to foster the child, apparently if the family member puts on a front of being unwilling to do so they are then 'talked into it' by offers of lots of money. When this is done between agreement it often is a tactic used to get larger council homes too.

Sadly I know a couple of people who have come out of foster care and report homes with numerous kids and were badly neglected but they don't / can't do anything about it because the alternative is to go back into a care home. Also, if the fosterers report negatively on the child in retaliation, that results them risking not being fostered out again or even worse being put in 'secure homes' which are tantamount to child prisons. These places are also money making schemes and a documentary a couple of years ago showed the phenomal profiteering rackets of such places - ie charging £3,000 to replace a wardrobe a child had damaged the door of.

I do know there are people who care deeply and that is there motivation so apologies to anyone reading this who is a genuine caring person and fostering for the right reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some very cynical attitudes toward foster families here. :confused: Last summer my sister and her husband had to take in his brother's four children at a moment's notice because both parents were in crisis, and they certainly weren't offered large sums of money or fostering allowance to do it - they didn't get a penny, not even the child benefit the parents continued to receive throughout that period. There are always going to be people who abuse any system, but one would hope that they are in the minority, and that has certainly been my experience.
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because they haven't moved in yet. Lloyd told us that his offer on the house had been accepted, but that was the last we heard. The house is still boarded up, so clearly still needs work to make it habitable again, and presumably the paperwork is taking a bit of time to go through, not least because of Claire being overseas.

And what's the betting that when they do move in the house will be twice the size of the old version?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Anything to do with that horrid character Becky.

I agree entirely with your sentiment, but don't quite understand to what it refers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all Xin-hates, some really good news:
    the summary for Thursday week's episode says "Xin gets offered a job in Scotland"

And just a thought, should we refer to Graeme as "Mr Sheen"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member

Someone already did in an earlier ep. Can't remember who.
  • simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all Xin-hates, some really good news:the summary for Thursday week's episode says "Xin gets offered a job in Scotland.

Thank god she maybe off to Scotland!!
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suspend belief, bring back old characters to try and boost ratings.

Noticed , yet again, Rita is hiding her stomach, she walks in in close up, caries a large black bag she covers her stomach with, then hides behind counter and apron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed today Eileen, sister and girl in wheelchair all looked very slim tonight, no mention of slimming on screen.

It's like when a character suddenly turns up all tanned !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prominent Sophie and Sian, Sean and Marcus, James too.
This discussion has been closed.