Weird thoughts that you have had.........

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was walking in the forest the other day and it made me ponder. Do trees ever get bored.
Do any weird thoughts pop into your head?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trees have feelings just because we can hear or see it doesn't make it any real. I feel for trees sometimes as we chop at their trucks and branches willy nilly without a concern for them.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    If a tree falls in the forest and no-one is there, do the other trees point and laugh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If certain mouthwashes provide "24 hour protection", why are you supposed to use them twice a day?
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping off the Clifton Suspension bridge: it exerts a frighteningly compelling force upon the imagination.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do wire coat hangers breed? I don't remember ever buying one, yet I seem to have loads of them..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why there is no fluorescent yellow liquid in dog food so when you go for a walk in the dark the dog shite will glow yellow thus avoiding a shitty shoe.
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the other day, whilst generally being a bit odd and speaking to myself in different voices/walking weirdly around the room, that every single person in the world is fully capable and able to do similar strange things..but not many people do.

I then imagined various famous people doing it (Camilla, Tony Blair etc.) and found it highly amusing.
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you dug a hole through the centre of the earth and you jumped in it, would you come out the other side?:confused:
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    Do wire coat hangers breed? I don't remember ever buying one, yet I seem to have loads of them..

Mine must migrate to your house then - they always seem to disappear!
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do triangle sandwiches taste better then square ones
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will a boy ever be born who can swim faster than a shark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine must migrate to your house then - mine always seem to disappear!

Well can you control them? I'm being overrun here!

Does pressing an already lit button at a crossing or waiting for a lift actually make a difference. So many people seem to think it does.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Why do triangle sandwiches taste better then square ones

You haven't thought of that, that is a peter kay joke.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're unprintable.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Does Selfridges sell fridges?
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Do Termites actually think about what they're doing, or are they like one large, multi functional living robot, if they do have their own minds, then are some more intelligent than others within the same colony.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    shhhhh wrote: »
    If you dug a hole through the centre of the earth and you jumped in it, would you come out the other side?:confused:

If it were technically possible to dig a hole through the earth that could withstand the heat-stresses (which it's not), you'd fall to the centre of the world and would then be slowing down as you 'fell' to the other side of the earth. You could potentially be trapped going back and forth between both sides of the earth, potentially forever as the Earth's gravity pulled you first one way and then the other...

But theoretically, aye, you could fall through to the other side in considerably less than an hour.

There. Happy to answer your life-long question :)
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the greatest thing, before sliced bread was invented?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if wood was alive and conscious.
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever used a biro up to the last drop of ink? And yet how many biros have you already bought in your life?
    Where do they go?
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    when I can't sleep in the early hours, I think about someone I really don't like and plan their demise - mwahh-hahh-hahh!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't thought of that, that is a peter kay joke.

I've thought that loads of times, nothing to do with Peter Kay. I'm sure he wasn't the first person to say it!
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suki c wrote: »
    when I can't sleep in the early hours, I think about someone I really don't like and plan their demise - mwahh-hahh-hahh!!!!

Had this thought a few times. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever used a biro up to the last drop of ink? And yet how many biros have you already bought in your life?
    Where do they go?

I have. I've lost count how many pens I've finished since I started uni. Mostly red inked ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    What was the greatest thing, before sliced bread was invented?

bread.