Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Just 18 of Manchester United's 81 crosses - the most since Opta records began - against Fulham found a teammate

That's not unlucky, it's just shit.

That was our one tactic in the match, get it wide and cross, regardless of how poorly it was working. Actually that has pretty much been our one tactic all season.
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has to go bet Arsenal are rubbing their hands with glee for Wednesday>:(>:(
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    TTMax wrote: »
    Well I'll chip in with my opinion, bearing in mind it couldn't get much worse I think Moyes should leave "by mutual consent" ASAP

I think it might be best for everyone but Moyes is here to stay at least until the end of the season, Moyes seems like a nice bloke and he could probably do a good job at a mid table club but Manchester United are one of the top teams in world football, he is out of his depth. Also it can't be doing his health any good, the amount of pressure and stress he is under.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    It was such a freakish game, I can't see it's possible to make any worthwhile analysis. I do feel a bit sorry for Moyes, he's certainly due some luck.

Bad luck or not, and he's had it with injuries too, it tends to filter through to the players and team confidence, while also boosting the opponents' confidence. When that happens, it's a very deep hole to have to climb out of and it may not even be possible, whatever the coaching skills of the manager.

Clearly the team's full potential is not being realised at the moment for whatever reason, and I never thought I'd say this, but in that situation, sometimes the ONLY way out is to fill the hole, bury the manager and build on that with a new man. We are probably getting closer to that point with each disappointing result, things will have to improve soon to avoid it IMO. Like a win against Arsenal.
  • Options
    TTMaxTTMax Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    That's not unlucky, it's just shit.

That was our one tactic in the match, get it wide and cross, regardless of how poorly it was working. Actually that has pretty much been our one tactic all season.

Exactly, it's horrible. And if all they do in training is hoof it long and whip crosses in, why are the crosses not working!? It's not the way Manchester United should be playing.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a completely different point, maybe that's why Vidic is being allowed to leave at the end of the season?
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »

After yesterday's shambles we aren't rubbing our hands at playing anyone.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Bad luck or not, and he's had it with injuries too, it tends to filter through to the players and team confidence, while also boosting the opponents' confidence. When that happens, it's a very deep hole to have to climb out of and it may not even be possible, whatever the coaching skills of the manager.

Clearly the team's full potential is not being realised at the moment for whatever reason, and I never thought I'd say this, but in that situation, sometimes the ONLY way out is to fill the hole, bury the manager and build on that with a new man. We are probably getting closer to that point with each disappointing result, something will have to change soon to avoid it IMO (but it shouldn't happen before the end of the season as we don't want any panic appointments).

I feel depressed.

Yeah exactly this! Moyes Man Utd future all depends on the remaining Prem league games, RVP, Rooney and Mata in the team and no excuses at all for bad results like today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    We won't even qualify for that if we can't get above 7th :o

We're only 7th because Newcastle can't put a run together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Midweek should be interesting.
    Both teams will have a major point to prove and I reckon both will be going all out for a win, Moyes record against Wenger isn't bad either.Looking forward to Wednesday.
  • Options
    yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Yeah exactly this! Moyes Man Utd future all depends on the remaining Prem league games, RVP, Rooney and Mata in the team and no excuses at all for bad results like today.

the damage has already been done, I don't think top 4 is a realistic target anymore, not after what liverpool have done to arsenal on saturday, and then you also have tottenham who have also won today.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think it would be better for us if we don't make the Europa league come the end of the season?
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Mata totally doesn't look like a panic make it look like we are doing something signing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yesman2012 wrote: »
    the damage has already been done, I don't think top 4 is a realistic target anymore, not after what liverpool have done to arsenal on saturday, and then you also have tottenham who have also won today.

I've still a feeling that Moyes will stay even if we don't finish in the top 4 when really failure to qualify for the Champions League should mean he is out the door!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The crossing stats alone tell you what our only game plan was.

We aren't Stoke. We don't employ the big man to get his head on it.

We are supposed to be more tactically astute.

I love my club. I applauded the appointment of Moyes. But my confidence in him is now zero.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    toastie15 wrote: »

I am expecting a 0-4 score.

What it will show is the problems both clubs have. That the players can't be bothered and are disloyal to their managers.

RVP and Rooney both miraculously overcame their injuries just as Mata arrived. That was almost biblical - and deeply suspicious.

They both continue to moan and look elsewhere but they will raise their game against Arsenal. It could mean more to them to beat Arsenal than to play for United.

Plus both have the additional reason of self-interest. Arguably RVP wants to impress Wenger so that he is transferred to Arsenal and Rooney wants to please Mourinho.

As for the Arsenal players, they will just continue to sleepwalk, bed the women, gobble whatever is going and grab the money. I don't see loyalty to Wenger or the supporters at all.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think it would be better for us if we don't make the Europa league come the end of the season?

to be honest id rather have a massive slide down the table and finish 15th so we have no choice but to get rid of him.

Finishing in the top 8 and he will still be given time. **** knows what he needs time for but he will be given it.
  • Options
    irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Yeah, right.

......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

^^ David Moyes. And me.

Most impressive thing i've seen all day!
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member

When was the last time you guys had a European game? As they clearly aren't the reason for results like today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Well Mata totally doesn't look like a panic make it look like we are doing something signing

He'll be a quality signing but not if we set up the way we are, you're never going to get the best out of him the way we play.

As for the Europa League, I'm not sure of our situation regarding coefficient points and how that would change with a season totally out of Europe, we don;t really want to be dropping to pot 2, could be a slippery slope from there.

I've kind of reached the point where I just hope we get spanked five times in a row and get rid of Moyes, every three points now feels like it's giving him more time to turn us into true mediocrity. Top four is pretty much out of touch so short term pain for long term gain is my thinking now.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well on the up side moyes broke a record today which I dnt think any team will get close to any time soon :)
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still in a state of shock at the draw, I didn't watch the last two minutes, now I'm having to sit on my hands lol
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member

even if you have a new manager then yeah its better your not in the europa league.

Its a pointless competition which causes aggro during the season. Liverpool have benefited massively not playing on Thursday nights.

Even the Southampton manager has come out and say he personally would rather not be in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rene Meulensteen: "United's approach was straightforward. Get it wide, get it in the box. It can be easy to defend against."

****ing outsmarted by the great Meulensteen, my god.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You couldn't make it up.
This discussion has been closed.