Apple have made a huge mistake !!!

the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
Forum Member
✭✭
Who is going to buy the iPhone 5 after learning that they are to increase the screen size ?

For a long time now iPhone users have been telling android owners that they wouldn't want a screen any bigger than 3.5 inches as it :

"wouldn't fit in their pockets"

"would be too bulky"

"theres no point having any bigger as 3.5 is perfect"....

so who is going to buy this monstrosity of a phone :confused:

;)

Comments

• Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    They'll say Jobs didn't get everything right and 4" will be the new magic number.
  • m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they didn't increase the screen size I doubt there would be any noticeable difference at all between the 5 and previous versions.
  • sensoriasensoria Posts: 4,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was going to but it is to big for me. I have 4s and wont be uprgrading to the 5 as it is to big for me.
    Forum Member
    Thinner don't forget. The 5 is now the world's thinnest phone. Break out the champers.
    Forum Member
    sensoria wrote: »
    Well I was going to but it is to big for me. I have 4s and wont be uprgrading to the 5 as it is to big for me.

Sensoria, you are a strapping rugby player and coach. How can that be too big for you. ;)
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like the phone then don't get it or comment on it rather than starting a new thread every time they think of something witty to say.

People like Apple
    People like Samsung
    People like Nokia
    People like HTC

I think anyone who buys a Samsung or HTC are buying something that looks like a kids toy - hence why it's cheaper.

You pay more for a premium product - a steak will cost more than a tin of spam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Sensoria, you are a strapping rugby player and coach. How can that be too big for you. ;)

I just dont want a big phone. I would have been more interested with a smaller one. I dont get the attraction to big phones.

Personal prefrence I know.
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous. Just bugger off and stop making new threads when you think of more to troll people with.

Until I see it in the flesh, nobody can comment. The fact is, its the same width as the previous generations so you can still type on it with one hand. Any new "bandwagon Android everything has to have a massive screen" "lets innovate by adding another 2 inches onto the screen" handsets are still using weird aspect ratios so the phones are a stupid size. 4" is big, but not ridiculous.

EDIT: I mean seriously, WTF is this?
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/galaxy-note/galaxy-note/GT-N7000ZBAXEU
    Forum Member
    If you don't like the phone then don't get it or comment on it rather than starting a new thread every time they think of something witty to say.

People like Apple
    People like Samsung
    People like Nokia
    People like HTC

I think anyone who buys a Samsung or HTC are buying something that looks like a kids toy - hence why it's cheaper.

Didnt you just say be happy with whatever phone you get, then proceed to call Samsung and HTC makers of kids toys?

Practice what you preach Steve.
    Forum Member
    dontpannic wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Just bugger off and stop making new threads when you think of more to troll people with.

Until I see it in the flesh, nobody can comment. The fact is, its the same width as the previous generations so you can still type on it with one hand. Any new "bandwagon Android everything has to have a massive screen" "lets innovate by adding another 2 inches onto the screen" handsets are still using weird aspect ratios so the phones are a stupid size. 4" is big, but not ridiculous.

EDIT: I mean seriously, WTF is this?
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/galaxy-note/galaxy-note/GT-N7000ZBAXEU

Its a Note, vids look great, surfing looks great. The screen is wonderful, the S pen is tremendous to use. It fits in the front pocket of my jeans and I can sit down without it snapping in half. If it makes idiots come out of the woodwork and say "look at that silly man with that huge phone" then great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt you just say be happy with whatever phone you get, then proceed to call Samsung and HTC makers of kids toys?

I did a bit didn't I?

Meh.

I'll behave from now on...but the same goes for the rest of you! :D
    Forum Member
    :D

I'll try :D
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member

People like Apple
    People like Samsung
    People like Nokia
    People like HTC

Bless you, you naive little thing :D
    Forum Member
    This is how android v iphone arguments should be, friendly jokey banter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how android v iphone arguments should be, friendly jokey banter.

Exactly...I really don't like spam me...:D
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

If you are happy with your phone can you not think other phones look like kids toys?
    Forum Member
    Absolutely Alan totally fair game in my opinion.
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    It's an interesting phone, but not one that makes me want to upgrade. Then again, there aren't *any* phones about that do that for me yet.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People like Apple
    People like Samsung
    People like Nokia
    People like HTC

Looks can be deceiving. The iphone is a toy compared to other smartphones.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Looks can be deceiving. The iphone is a toy compared to other smartphones.

In what way?

Most smartphones are pretty much similar in what they can do – nothing special with any of them really.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the chimp wrote: »
    For a long time now iPhone users have been telling android owners that they wouldn't want a screen any bigger than 3.5 inches as it :

"wouldn't fit in their pockets"

"would be too bulky"

"theres no point having any bigger as 3.5 is perfect"....
    In the early days of the iPod when it had a monochrome screen and the competition had colour screens and could play videos, iPod owners used to repeatedly go on about how a colour screen was a complete waste of time.
    Then Apple announced the iPod Photo and they collectively wet themselves with excitement.

Of course, at that point video was still a waste of time on a music player.
    Then Apple announced the 5th-gen iPod that could play video and people were so amazed they actually had seizures - the idea that you could play video on your music player was just that mind-blowing.

There's nothing new about blinkered fanboy doublethink (NB I'm not say that the majority of Apple owners fall into the category or that anyone here does, I'm also not saying that the phenomenon is unique to Apple, though it does seem a little more common).
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Step666 wrote: »
    In the early days of the iPod when it had a monochrome screen and the competition had colour screens and could play videos, iPod owners used to repeatedly go on about how a colour screen was a complete waste of time.
    Then Apple announced the iPod Photo and they collectively wet themselves with excitement.

Of course, at that point video was still a waste of time on a music player.
    Then Apple announced the 5th-gen iPod that could play video and people were so amazed they actually had seizures - the idea that you could play video on your music player was just that mind-blowing.

There's nothing new about blinkered fanboy doublethink (NB I'm not say that the majority of Apple owners fall into the category or that anyone here does, I'm also not saying that the phenomenon is unique to Apple, though it does seem a little more common).

TBH I still don't see the need to watch a video on an ipod and don't think I ever have
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple will have to reprogramme their customers. They could say that for example screen size is in a direct correlation with a size of a penis of Apple CEO. Solved :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did steve jobs bum your girlfiend?

So much anger towards apple its bizarre! If you don't like something don't buy it. If you dont like the ethics of a company dont buy it.

Its not difficult.
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Step666 wrote: »
    (NB I'm not say that the majority of Apple owners fall into the category or that anyone here does, I'm also not saying that the phenomenon is unique to Apple, though it does seem a little more common).

Except when you completely stereotyped iPod owners at the start of your post?

What about the type of people who go around constantly belittling Apple because it's apparently the "cool" thing to do?