Options

BBC Children In Need Single - God Only Knows (feat. Just about everyone...)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
Forum Member
✭✭
BBC just debuted the new Children In Need single which features a whole host of artists from Elton John and Stevie Wonder to Paloma and Florence.

Cover of God Only Knows by The Beach Boys - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XqLTe8h0-jo&app=desktop

I think this will do very well and all for a great cause.

Comments

• Options
    hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I hope this song does a Rihanna and stops Meghan Trainor and Nicki Minaj from reaching number one.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably just me but great to see Brian Wilson on that video.
    I hope this means a few young people go and discover the masterpiece of an album the song comes from.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back Florence.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I hope this means a few young people go and discover the masterpiece of an album the song comes from.

My friend argued black and blue it was Paul McCartney :D

I wish someone would make a iist who is singing. I got most but missed a few like the lady on horse and black girl at end
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

I wish someone would make a iist who is singing. I got most but missed a few like the lady on horse and black girl at end

There you go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/16Pkb2PwbHJxjVhJmYwQBw6/whos-in-the-impossible-orchestra
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11146898/God-Only-Knows-how-BBC-got-this-supergroup-together.html

In order of appearance:

BBC Concert Orchestra
    Martin James Bartlett
    Pharrell Williams
    Emeli Sande
    Sir Elton john
    Lorde
    Chris Martin
    Brian Wilson
    Florence Welch
    Kylie Minogue
    Stevie Wonder
    Eliza Carthy
    Nicola Benedetti
    Jools Holland
    Brian May
    Jake Bugg
    Katie Derham
    Tees Valley Youth Choir
    Alison Balsom
    One Direction
    Jaz Dhami
    Paloma Faith
    Chrissie Hynde
    Jamie Cullum
    Baaba Maal
    Danielle de Niese
    Dave Grohl
    Sam Smith
    Brian Wilson
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

Hate to divert from the thread topic, but what the hell is up with that picture of Sir Elton :o. In fact most of those photos looks slightly deranged. Pharrell still looks 26 though... i'd love to know what mosturiser he uses!

Loving this though. It's like Perfect Day all over again :D No Gary Barlow either... even better!
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this.... (Odes to love actually)... Great song:-)))
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »

I concur. So pleased he was involved.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bloody awful>:(
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a sure-fire #1, as One Direction fans will be peeing themselves over the group's one line.
    hmeister wrote: »

Yep. I quite like the original song...but not that.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, but you've managed 15000 posts here but haven't got the hang of Google yet:confused:
    It was the first thing I did after starting another thread on it.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this song does a Rihanna and stops Meghan Trainor and Nicki Minaj from reaching number one.

Too late.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Is this meant to be the new Perfect Day? Reminds me of the Children In Need single in 1997.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That song was and is a masterclass in song writing. Is Brian Wilson the best American song writer there ever was? He may just be.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just said it's out now on BBC Breakfast but I can't find it on iTunes or Amazon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    They just said it's out now on BBC Breakfast but I can't find it on iTunes or Amazon.

I don't know about that, but it is on Spotify, but took a while to find it. It's labeled as 'Brian Wilson, Various Artists'. Try searching for that.
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Great song. :)
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I don't know about that, but it is on Spotify, but took a while to find it. It's labeled as 'Brian Wilson, Various Artists'. Try searching for that.

Thanks for the tip, sadly it didn't work. I'll be patient and give it a while.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Sorry, but you've managed 15000 posts here but haven't got the hang of Google yet:confused:
    It was the first thing I did after starting another thread on it.

Oh sheesh! How did I forget my friend google. Maybe it was jet lag :)

ETA thank you for those kind enough to give me the information without berating me :D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »

It's really not.
    I mean we didn't get Bono hamming it up or anything. It's not a brilliant cover either but it's pretty innocent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hate to divert from the thread topic, but what the hell is up with that picture of Sir Elton :o. In fact most of those photos looks slightly deranged. Pharrell still looks 26 though... i'd love to know what mosturiser he uses!

Loving this though. It's like Perfect Day all over again :D No Gary Barlow either... even better!

I know. Most of those pictures are god awful. Kylie hasn't fu**ed with her face that much has she? She looks like an alien.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL what they gave Jake Bugg to sing. I wonder why... *Sniggers*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    LOL what they gave Jake Bugg to sing. I wonder why... *Sniggers*

He is the weakest part for me, but thankfully hes a 'blink and you'll miss it' feature.

I really like this though. The video is extremely well done and sounds fantastic. Standout artists for me are Lorde, Paloma, Chrissie Hynde and Stevie Wonder. I also love the part when Paloma is swinging through the clouds. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He is the weakest part for me, but thankfully hes a 'blink and you'll miss it' feature.

I really like this though. The video is extremely well done and sounds fantastic. Standout artists for me are Lorde, Paloma, Chrissie Hynde and Stevie Wonder. I also love the part when Paloma is swinging through the clouds. :D

I think it's the swinging and the "wind" blowing. It' makes her look really good other than just standing there like say, Florence Welch for instance.