Options

How will Mick react to Shirley being his mum?

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
How will Mick react to Shirley being his mum? the poor guy will have a complete breakdown of wondering why she abandoned him as a baby and has been pretending to be his sister all this time

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    based on how he was last night he is going to be completely distraught. think its going to depend on how and when he finds out to how mental he goes
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    He'll probably cry, then punch the tears like he did in yesterday's episode.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,479
    Forum Member
    I think he may be more angry at Babe than Shirley.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    It's the most preposterous Mum / son pairing ever. I know I can't take it seriously and Shirley looks like she can barely do so therefore I imagine Mick will find it just as hard ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the most preposterous Mum / son pairing ever. I know I can't take it seriously and Shirley looks like she can barely do so therefore I imagine Mick will find it just as hard ^_^

think when it clicks his mother tried to drown him he might just try and do the same to her :D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine he'll be happy about it! He seems to have Shirley on a bit of a pedestal (to say the least) so this might make him appreciate how deserted and angry Carly and Dean felt when he finds out that he too (for whatever reasons) was deserted by her, even worse, deserted and lied to.

He seemed to forgive her quite easily for nearly drowning him but I doubt he'll be quite so for forgiving for this life long deception. Poor lad might crack up!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think it will be one deception too far in the short term. And poor Stan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

could be the death of him
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »

Gawd, yeah. I forgot about him :(

At first I thought he was a bit too wily to be taken in like that and had sussed out the truth years ago but that conversation he had with Mick about missing Sylvie's pregnancy made me think again. What a shock for an old, dying man. If he genuinely doesn't know I want him to die before he has a chance to find out as it'll devastate him but this being a soap I know that won't happen :(
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    How will Mick react to Shirley being his mum? the poor guy will have a complete breakdown of wondering why she abandoned him as a baby and has been pretending to be his sister all this time

To be honest, it's not like she was never there for him.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    could be the death of him

It could be the death of someone.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    think when it clicks his mother tried to drown him he might just try and do the same to her :D

And be successful :cool: :D
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will take it really well...
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    They will sit down, have a cup of tea, and talk it over, reach an understanding, then say no more about it as Mick needs to focus on getting Linda better. He will politely ask Dean to leave over another cup of tea, then Shirley, Mick, Linda, Babe, Nancy, Lee, will gather downstairs and do a rendition of Sister Sledge "we are family" around the piano like the old days.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Mick has often credited Shirley for being 'like a mum' to him. He said not long ago, that she was the only real mum he and Tina had, had and that it was Shirley who came looking for them and helped get them out of care.

I think he will be angry with regards to the deception but I actually think eventually he will accept it as it appears he looks to her as a motherly/sister figure anyway. Personally I think it has been Babe who has manipulated Shirley into believing Mick is better off not knowing, she wanted to tell him before she left in Sept but Babe was adamant that it would destroy the family. Remember that at the time of Mick's birth, Shirley was only just 14 at the time of Mick's birth and 15 when he was taken into care.

Also she didn't abandon him, she was in his life until he was in his 20's only leaving when she was ostracized from the family because of the pub fire.

The onscreen chemistry between Henry and Dyer is incredible and makes the mother/son bond believable to me.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol star..

all I can say is I pity the soon to be bust bust
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will sit down, have a cup of tea, and talk it over, reach an understanding, then say no more about it as Mick needs to focus on getting Linda better. He will politely ask Dean to leave over another cup of tea, then Shirley, Mick, Linda, Babe, Nancy, Lee, will gather downstairs and do a rendition of Sister Sledge "we are family" around the piano like the old days.

:D:D

I got all my sisters with me.
    Oh hang on.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats something I forgot to add in my post she tried to drown Mick as a baby so that will be something else he will want to know about
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Thats something I forgot to add in my post she tried to drown Mick as a baby so that will be something else he will want to know about

Indeed. It will be interesting when he finds out and the whole story is explained. I could easily watch a 2-hander with them both after the reveal. I don't get where people are saying she abandoned him as a baby? He went into care? she didn't abandon him.:confused:
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,327
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I think he may be more angry at Babe than Shirley.

Inclined to agree. After initial shock and maybe angher, i think he'll blame Sylvie, Babe and Stan (if he doesn't believe that Stan didn't know) for taking him from Shirley and not allowing her to be his mother. He'll see that she was vulnerable, young, still did her best for him (he's said she was like a Mum when he was young) and she was a much a victim as he was.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gutted and angry.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can imagine he will be mildly startled at the very least.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll react the same way he always reacts. With a blank expressionless gaze into the distance.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Pwopa Naughty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Indeed. It will be interesting when he finds out and the whole story is explained. I could easily watch a 2-hander with them both after the reveal. I don't get where people are saying she abandoned him as a baby? He went into care? she didn't abandon him.:confused:

did she not leave to play happy families with Kevin? Stan couldnt cope with him so he ended in care.

however you look at it she abandoned him