Even the Sun front page attacking Jules and Matisse now

12346»

Comments

• nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    A magician's job is to trick the audience, that is the whole point of the act. Comparing them is just stupid.

What makes this even more dodgy is that there was no sign of a third dog at the end of the act. We saw 2 dogs, there was no sign of the third dog, why hide the other dog if this is all innocent ? The only reason why the dog was hidden is because she intended to deceive the audience.

I have no idea why she would reveal this though, she can't be very bright.

But isn't comparing them the whole point of the show? We are asked to vote for the best act out of a choice of dancers, singers, magicians, dancing dogs etc. How are supposed to choose the best act other than by comparing magicians against singers against dancers and against dancing dogs.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Big difference. He is a magician, tricking the audience is what he is supposed to be doing. You're not the first to make this stupid comparison.

You're right, the dogs ain't identical, but we were still led to believe that the dog was Matisse.

Also, nothing you say explains why the dog was kept hidden. If they weren't trying to mislead the viewers then there is no reason to hide the dog from us.

She is a dog trainer. Her act is to entertain the audience by training dogs to perform tricks and to get them to do those tricks in front of an audience. There is nothing that says it has to be 1 dog, 2 dogs, 3 dogs or whatever other number of dogs you care to choose. She is entitled to perform her act as she sees fit.

Part of her act is to tell a story, a story which involves a dog escaping from a police station by means of a tightrope. For reasons of continuity that involves non disclosure of the identity of the stunt dog. That doesn't make it any different to stunt doubles standing in for actors in a film.

At the end of the day, a dog which Jules trained and was able to control to perform walked a tightrope as part of an overall performance.

The public voted for that overall performance with the result that Jules won (and I would add that it was Jules who won, Matisse didn't win unless you are going to tell me that dogs can now open bank accounts to receive winnings). The 'talent' people were voting for was Jules's talent as a dog trainer. They cannot have been voting for Matisse - Matisse is a dog!
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she showed the two dogs on Bgmt or in one of her vt's. I always thought she was using two as there's no way one dog could be popping up in places in time.