Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    The NJ premiere was great. Teresa really IS New Jersey, there's no denying it. I'm liking Jacqueline being back full-time and the new additions in Delores and Siggy. It feels like these women have proper links to one another again which makes everything believable. That's probably a reason why the twins and Amber didn't really gel well last season. Wacko Jacko will be bringing the crazy this season.

The entire point of tuning in was pretty much to see Teresa's release and family reunion - and predictably it was held off for the majority of the episode. But I wasn't quite prepared for how emotional it actually was. Those poor kids have to pay a big price for their parents' crimes.

The only thing I disliked about it was Joe Gorga still berating his wife for sex... Gross

Milania is everything.
  • Options
    spiderwebsspiderwebs Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I personally am not a Teresa fan. Am happy for her to wrap up her story and go.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiderwebs wrote: »
    I personally am not a Teresa fan. Am happy for her to wrap up her story and go.

I have always been very hot and cold with her but I put that down to starting RHONJ on Season 3. Once I watched the first 2 seasons I loved her and then disliked her again once I was caught up. I do like her now but she's not a favourite of mine. The day Teresa leaves RHONJ ( I doubt she will be anytime soon as she will be in need of the money), will be the day the show ends. Bravo kept the show on hiatus whilst she was in prison and I could not imagine the show without her.

I really enjoyed the premiere and it made me realise how much I missed the show. I even had a little tear when Teresa was reunited with her family.
    I think this season is going to be really good as the little we saw of Siggy and Dolores I liked. I'm looking forward to seeing how the season goes on.

RHONY- I am also well and truly Team Luann. I hope that this is Caroles last year on the show as she brings buggar all to the show. If she wasn't a friend of Andy's she wouldn't have even been invited back last year.
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind Carole, and indeed the whole cast staying unchanged for NY in season 9 - as long as Jill returned. That'd be SO satisfying to see Bethenny and Carole squirm 😂
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree about NJ. I loved the premiere. I didn't realise either just how much Id missed the show.

Ill admit aswell, I was more than a bit tearful seeing Teresa reunited with her girls. It was lovely, & say what you will about Tre and Joe, but those girls adore her & it must have been awful for them having her in prison for a year. It was so emotional watching the girls run to her as she came home. It was lovely. She looks great aswell, prison agreed with her lol

Obv the main point of the ep was Tre coming home, but the rest was good aswell. Ill reserve judgement on Jac so far, but you know she's going to lose her sh*t epically at some point. Melissa was fine, but I can always do without Joe Gorga, Id forgotten how annoying he was. The constant sex crazed hobbit routine gets old really fast!

Loving what we have seen of the new ladies so far, particularly Delores. I think she's going to be great. Way better than the trashy twins & Amber & her hubby. Siggy & Delores are a much better fit already & I agree with BumbleSquat, I think its due to the fact they have actual connections with the rest of the women already. It feels more organic.

I'm glad the show is back, and I cant wait for the rest of the season- I think its going to be a good one. Say what you will about Teresa, I like her & absolutely she is the NJ Housewives. It wouldn't be NJ without her. Bravo know that, that's why they put the show on hold until she served her time.

RHONY- Always Team Luann. Bethenny and Carole are awful. I never used to mind Carole particularly, but I just cant with her now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RHONY filmed their reunion today. The seating went as follows...

Jules > Sonja > Dorinda > Luann - ANDY - Bethenny < Ramona < Carole

It may or may not be an indication about who's back next season - although Sonja was furthest away from Andy last reunion and returned so you never know. Interestingly this is also the first time she's sat opposite from Ramona so perhaps that's the end of Ramonja. I kind of feel Ramona has dropped Sonja somewhat this season to stay in with the ''cool girls'' Bethenny and Carole. That's probably the angle they're going with.

I'm sure Jules will be back. I've liked her so far. She gels so much better than Kristen ever did. Plus, he recent divorce announcement will mean she'll be invited back.

I happened to watch an old episode from Season 4 recently. Jill was hosting an anti-bullying event. Who was there seen talking with all the Housewives? Dorinda! Which makes me want Jill back even more. These shows work much better when the women aren't just forced together for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like LVP, Rinna, Kyle, Erika, Eileen are all back for next season from Twitter pictures of them at Erikas party with new girl Dorit. I was hoping they'd bring back some old faces full time :(

I still think the whole cast will be back next season of NY; they work really well together and the dynamics are there for drama. Hope bethenny and Carole get some comeuppance though!!!
  • Options
    RealityTV_JunkiRealityTV_Junki Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Im so into the Real Housewives they're all just crazy... like every time I watch I just think of how crazy America is. I don't get the appeal of the Cheshire one because I feel like they're trying way to hard to act crazy but in America it just comes naturally to them. But I'm hooked on almost all of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching the new OC? I really like the new girl Kelly, she is not afraid to get stuck in! I just want the whole Brooks thing over and done with though. Vicki iS the OC and needs to be back in the group. Still don't careuch for Meghan AT ALL.
  • Options
    xuryxxxuryxx Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the new OC? I really like the new girl Kelly, she is not afraid to get stuck in! I just want the whole Brooks thing over and done with though. Vicki iS the OC and needs to be back in the group. Still don't careuch for Meghan AT ALL.

I agree with everything you say here. Can't wait for next week's episode. I'm glad Kelly puts Shanoon in her place as I can't take to her either.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest New York episode was ok but a little bit filler I suppose.

Sonja has disappointed me, Luann basically saved her ass that first half of the season by moving in with her when Bethenny was trying everything in her power to exclude her and get her kicked off the show. Suddenly Bethenny decides she can talk to Sonja again and Sonja's ass kissing makes Carol look apathetic in comparison. And now Sonja is back in with the crowd she's throwing Luann under the bus.

And Sonja, lets face it, the only reason Bethenny deemed you worthy enough to talk to again is because she's got new targets she wants off the show... and that doesn't work when half the cast aren't speaking to her and Dorinda ain't gonna stop talking to who she likes. It's no coincidence she said she didn't mind you turning up to things after Luann made her look an idiot and the timing that she decided you could be a proper friend again after Jules laid in on her is slightly suspicious.

I am liking Jules more and more. She's an irritating flake who can't handle life but she's sweet and fits in really well with them. I also love how in this episode when Bethenny was playing her usual 'if she tries to speak to me about this (in the way we know is supposed to happen in these shows), I don't want it, I don't want to know' Jules was basically saying 'Hell no, I'm not gonna try with that soul sucking vampire'. I do kind of wish Kristen had reacted that way last season, instead of pandering to what Bethenny wanted, i.e. being chased around so she can refuse to talk you.

And Carol was vaguely likaeble again in Vegas, once Bethenny has gone to bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hands down my favourite episode of RHONJ in years. I know it wont last but it was nice to see all the women come together and have a laugh. Sometimes, episodes like this are very few and far between, but just as important as the drama.
    Siggy and Dolores are such great casting choices and have been the best new additions to any housewives show in a long time.
    Typical of Teresa for her to make what was supposed to be a story about Dolores all about her, but she has been away 'to camp' for 11 and a half months, and has a lot to get off her chest. 'Camp'?
    And I don't want to hear 'She didn't know any of it was happening either', cos I aint buying it for a second. She may act it, but she aint that dumb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RHONJ seems like it's been rejuvenated completely. Siggy and Dolores blend in so well that it makes Season 6's additions seem like a long, forgotten distant memory. But I understand why they introduced Amber and the twins - viewers and fans had been calling for a change as the cast dynamic of Teresa, Melissa, Caroline, Jacqueline and Kathy had been exhausted for 3 seasons at that point.

Part of me wishes this Jacqueline/Teresa friendship will last but as we know it all inevitably falls apart.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolores and Siggy are great additions to New Jersey. There is something particularly radiant about Delores especially.

Though I do kinda wish Amber and Jim were still around though. I think they need some trouble makers outside of the Jac, Teresa, Kathy, Melissa stuff. Or if not Amber a new Danielle-esque villain... or Danielle.

I'm beyond uninterested in Melissa and her boutique and Joe playing Mr Mom. Hurry up Kim D and make me care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw an article earlier that OC's ratings have rocketed. 😀

Haven't caught any NJ yet - hoping to today so I'll feedback on that later.

Is it just me or is BH in a piping hot mess atm?! Now there's rumours Erika is gone too! That'd literally just leave Kyle, Rinna, LVP and Eileen. I hope it can be saved BH is one of my favs :(
  • Options
    chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw an article earlier that OC's ratings have rocketed. 😀

Haven't caught any NJ yet - hoping to today so I'll feedback on that later.

Is it just me or is BH in a piping hot mess atm?! Now there's rumours Erika is gone too! That'd literally just leave Kyle, Rinna, LVP and Eileen. I hope it can be saved BH is one of my favs :(

Rinna hasn't been filming and she tweeted about chapters being closed. Eileen isn't returning either. Theres a new lady thats been confirmed. Also Mohammed's new wife is due to join.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rinna hasn't been filming and she tweeted about chapters being closed. Eileen isn't returning either. Theres a new lady thats been confirmed. Also Mohammed's new wife is due to join.

So only 3 from last season are returning? Shiva's seemed too nice for this show, and by nice of course I mean boring.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rinna, Eileen and Erika have all been filming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    Rinna, Eileen and Erika have all been filming.

Yeh I saw twitter pics of them all together for a birthday... Rinna, for all her faults would be a big loss now. And I still love Eileen so I'm glad they're back.

Anyone up to date on OC? I'm abroad atm and therefore behind. Got up to Kelly and Shannon's blowout at the 70s party...?
  • Options
    Bionic01Bionic01 Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I saw twitter pics of them all together for a birthday... Rinna, for all her faults would be a big loss now. And I still love Eileen so I'm glad they're back.

Anyone up to date on OC? I'm abroad atm and therefore behind. Got up to Kelly and Shannon's blowout at the 70s party...?
    The last episode of OC was pretty insane, maybe more so than the party. Kelly is just nuts, and not in a fun way, Heather puts on the acting performance of her life (and still fails) and somehow Tamra is trying to be the voice of reason but is still a flaky pot stirrer. Shannon and Vicki are still my faves, though Vicki trying to phone Brooks a few weeks back was...shocking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bionic01 wrote: »
    The last episode of OC was pretty insane, maybe more so than the party. Kelly is just nuts, and not in a fun way, Heather puts on the acting performance of her life (and still fails) and somehow Tamra is trying to be the voice of reason but is still a flaky pot stirrer. Shannon and Vicki are still my faves, though Vicki trying to phone Brooks a few weeks back was...shocking.

Thanks I'll look forward to that!! Got to admit, I do love Vicki and Shannon too. Even if Shannon is a bit psycho sometimes 😂
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up on this week's housewives, and I'm on Teresa's side with the whole Jacqueline thing. She had no intentions of putting things behind her and as for bringing Joe gorga into it when she knows that he and Teresa are doing well was just nasty.
    As for new York this is definitely my favourite of the ones currently airing, but bethenny is getting on my nerves. She couldn't wait to tell Luann about what she had on tom. I'm really looking forward to the reunion.
    Orange county I can't, and I have no idea how they're ever going to be able to get it back on track for me unless they have a major cast shake up next year. They definitely can't continue like this with the other women all being against vicky.
    What with Tamra turning into Jesus jugs, heather and her fake crying, Shannon who I used to love being a bitter old witch (and she obviously set Kelly up) and Megan who I can't stand, it makes me root for Vicky and Kelly.
    On tghe subject of Kelly she will be a one season wonder for sure, but I'm glad she will at least call them all out.
    Hurry up back Atlanta, you're sorely missed.
  • Options
    Chihiro77Chihiro77 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has really died a death. :(

Does Potomac get any better? I've only watched the first episode and it just seem so fake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chihiro77 wrote: »
    This thread has really died a death. :(

Does Potomac get any better? I've only watched the first episode and it just seem so fake.

I know :( where is everybody??

Just watched the NY finale - such a good season and imo one of their best. I do feel for LuAnn and I still think Bethenny is vile. I hope the cast stays the same for season 9 but doubt it will. There's already rumours Bethenny is going again... Looking forward to the reunion.