One British Group to split in 2014

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Although this could be just silly tabloids something tells me this can be either 1D or the saturdays!

The saturdays have already said album later this year and a tour early next year but they said they're also going back over to America next year so I don't know!

But my guess for 1D is because of the desperate act of xfactor looking for new groups wanting to "match the success" of 1D so maybe it's true?
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably some hoax or a really late thing about JLS

That same site already announced the JLS thing so I highly doubt it is about them - besides, they are disbanding, not taking a year off.

Maybe it is a hoax, you never know... although, that kind of thing wouldn't be good for the site's credibility. Only time will tell...
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be Take That. I reckon One Direction are contractually chained at the moment for a good few years.
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope The Wanted break up this year please - their music has become very stale and samey,

From Hayley
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted will get dropped and then split and i think the saturdays will split too.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    pikeur wrote: »
    The Wanted will get dropped and then split and i think the saturdays will split too.

The Wanted's label will still make money from their live performances, they just played a New Years Eve gig in Singapore to 30,000 people. They keep teasing big news for 2014, doesn't seem like a group on the verge of a split.

The Saturdays I do agree with however
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    One Direction would be nuts to quit now, they have at least 2 more albums in them before the fanbase gets bored, and if they are smart they can extend that by making their sound more mature.

Completely agree though i can see one or two of them thinking they can do a Robbie Williams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Have the Saturdays ever made a good, catchy pop song?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Completely agree though i can see one or two of them thinking they can do a Robbie Williams.

Or one doing a Justin Timberlake
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually wouldn't be shocked if it were One Direction. They are embarking on a huge stadium tour this year and to be very honest, they look absolutely fed up lately in their performances. They've worked solid since the X Factor and I think they need a rest, they never look truly happy these days. They've put out 3 albums and made millions so I think they could definitely take a year out. It may even help them, they can come back with a much more grown up and mature sound.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    "One British Group to split in 2014"

- One Direction and The Wanted :p:D
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be The Saturdays - last time when something similar was announced it was Keane though, and they hadn't really had a hit in ages.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually wouldn't be shocked if it were One Direction. They are embarking on a huge stadium tour this year and to be very honest, they look absolutely fed up lately in their performances. They've worked solid since the X Factor and I think they need a rest, they never look truly happy these days. They've put out 3 albums and made millions so I think they could definitely take a year out. It may even help them, they can come back with a much more grown up and mature sound.
    and no fan base - or a much lesser one.

Everyone knows in the pop world, take a break and you lose your fans. Look at Girls aloud and Spice Girls.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I like The Saturdays but I wouldn't be surprised if it is them. All of them have been taking part in reality shows and branching out into other things individually so their names are beginning to be recognised (Una taking part in Splash, Rochelle in the Strictly Christmas special and taking on various presenting jobs for example).