Options

Oatmeal and Cranberry / 'Christmassy' Biscuits

KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been asked to help at a charity event in a few weeks, and (me being me) I told one of the people organising the catering that if she needed me to make anything to give me a call!

So I've just gotten a message asking if I would be able to make either shortbread (which I can do) or some sort of 'Christmassy' biscuit (which I'm not sure about!). The only thing is, she's still waiting to hear from someone else who might be making the shortbread, so I might get stuck with the biscuits!

At the last coffee morning at work I made oatmeal and raisin biscuits, which went well enough, so I was thinking of trying some sort of cranberry one this time? The only thing is - I can't find a recipe using imperial measurements!

I found this one for Oat and Raisin cookies, and was thinking of following it but just swapping the raisins for dried and sweetened canberries - do you think it would work out okay? I want to avoid nuts if possible, and i thought that as this one has cinnamon, allspice and cloves it would add to the 'Christmassy' feel of it?

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/19797/oat-and-raisin-cookies.aspx?o_ln=RD_MC_Photo%3a+2_SimilarRecipes&o_is=RD_More+Choices

Or if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them!