Options

Peter Davison Makes a Complete Prat of Himself

Comments

• Options
    Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Smexy wrote: »
    But he would be a prat if he was just ranting about Remain voters and basically sharing your opinion? Is he actually a prat for any other reason than believing we should stay in the EU which happens to be in contrast with your political beliefs?

There's no need to be jealous, Boz. I'm sure DWM will interview you if you ask very, very nicely.

What on earth are you on about? What am I jealous about? How do you know my political beliefs? I have no connection with Doctor Who, why would DWM interview me? I have already answered the question about if his views had been the opposite. Do try and keep up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I haven't, but he's entitled to his opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you can insult him.

Well said, Davison should take note and stop insulting people he disagrees with.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said, Davison should take note and stop insulting people he disagrees with.

And he is not the only person who should do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    And he is not the only person who should do so.

Oh, you're not still going on about the use of the word "plonker" are you, thought we left that behind on Page 1. As Brexiteers say to Remainers "Get over it"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, you're not still going on about the use of the word "plonker" are you, thought we left that behind on Page 1. As Brexiteers say to Remainers "Get over it"!

What about the other insults?
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you can't do the exact same thing and claim that he should be the one to stop, simply because he's the one with the "wrong" beliefs from your perspective.

I just...

This isn't even worth it, is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you can't do the exact same thing and claim that he should be the one to stop, simply because he's the one with the "wrong" beliefs from your perspective.

I just...

This isn't even worth it, is it?

You're so right. Struggling to get your point across and desperately misunderstanding the thread so best to stop now. I applaud you for that.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally if your reaction to the opposition over the result of a massive political event is "get over it" then you're probably not mature enough to vote... unless of course that was bad saracasm

I don't think he made a complete prat of himself - maybe he made the mistake of generalising all leave voters as not everyone who voted that way is xenophobic, though some definitley were. Its a differing of opinion and personally I think the divide in our country, what with Remainers unable to see Brexiters POV and vice versa and the general nastiness that has come with it is far worse than the result itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    What about the other insults?

What about what other insults?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about what other insults?

Describing someone views as "inane ramblings"

Typical "remain whinger"

Describing a persons views for not talking to a publication as "childish"

Saying that someone should "get over" a remark they found offensive (something you seem unable to do)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're so right. Struggling to get your point across and desperately misunderstanding the thread so best to stop now. I applaud you for that.

I'm making a similar sort of point to everyone else on here, and I think there's only one poster clearly struggling to get their point across. Such lack of self-awareness should be applauded in itself. :P

Personally, I hope you're just being a wind-up. The thought that somebody so remarkably off their rocker can have a say in this country's future is concerning, whatever your thoughts on the referendum. This is how we got mad cow disease.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm making a similar sort of point to everyone else on here, and I think there's only one poster clearly struggling to get their point across. Such lack of self-awareness should be applauded in itself. :P

Personally, I hope you're just being a wind-up. The thought that somebody so remarkably off their rocker can have a say in this country's future is concerning, whatever your thoughts on the referendum. This is how we got mad cow disease.

You have so lost the plot! Maybe take a rest from posting for a while eh? Perhaps the heat's got to you.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really bored, Boz? Or auditioning for a role in the Monty Python argument sketch? This whole thread seems to have been started just so you can let off steam. It's a lovely day, go for a run instead. Let your aggression out that way. Much better than pointless keyboard arguments, I would suggest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have so lost the plot! Maybe take a rest from posting for a while eh? Perhaps the heat's got to you.

Enuff of that cheek m8, my dad works for Doctor Who and he'll ban you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Are you really bored, Boz? Or auditioning for a role in the Monty Python argument sketch? This whole thread seems to have been started just so you can let off steam. It's a lovely day, go for a run instead. Let your aggression out that way. Much better than pointless keyboard arguments, I would suggest.

"Oh look, this isn't an argument, it's just contradiction!"
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Oh look, this isn't an argument, it's just contradiction!"
    No it isn't...
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good idea! But I was peed off with Davison for his nasty comments in DWM, which was the reason I started the thread, but, like you say, best to leave it now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't...
    :D

Oh, I'm sorry! This is abuse!
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, reading this amusing thread, I am left wondering just what PD said in his interview (not being a DWM subscriber, nor having access to a UK newsagent, I am unlikely to find out). I am also left wondering which is, in this day and age, considered more offensive: "plonker" or "prat".

As for "Get over it!", as said by a Brexit triumphalist to a Remain pessimist, that is likely to cause more offence and raise more ire than either of the two p-words above.

The other one is the d-word: "democracy", when used to justify a situation in which 26.7% of the whole population of a country vote for a measure which will adversely affect 100% thereof, which vote is then carried, and hailed as a great result. It ignores the fact that many members of the said whole population were disenfranchised, despite being amongst those most adversely affected. It is for such reasons that phrases such as "Get over it!" or "whinging Remainers" will scarcely mollify Remainers, let alone guide them to an insight that the future outside the EU is great (mainly because it isn't - ask the Northern Irish, the Scots, or especially Gibraltans (over 90% of whom voted Remain) , and try to convince them of the wonders of Brexit).
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has been a nice reminder as to why I can't see most of it :p
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the referendum got to do with Doctor Who?
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only read Boz's précis of PD's remarks, so I'm dependent on him being accurate, but I think that calling 17 million people xenophobic is rather indicative of a lack of perceptive analysis.

I wouldn't call PD a plonker for it, though. I'd just think it.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Well, reading this amusing thread, I am left wondering just what PD said in his interview (not being a DWM subscriber, nor having access to a UK newsagent, I am unlikely to find out). I am also left wondering which is, in this day and age, considered more offensive: "plonker" or "prat".

As for "Get over it!", as said by a Brexit triumphalist to a Remain pessimist, that is likely to cause more offence and raise more ire than either of the two p-words above.

The other one is the d-word: "democracy", when used to justify a situation in which 26.7% of the whole population of a country vote for a measure which will adversely affect 100% thereof, which vote is then carried, and hailed as a great result. It ignores the fact that many members of the said whole population were disenfranchised, despite being amongst those most adversely affected. It is for such reasons that phrases such as "Get over it!" or "whinging Remainers" will scarcely mollify Remainers, let alone guide them to an insight that the future outside the EU is great (mainly because it isn't - ask the Northern Irish, the Scots, or especially Gibraltans (over 90% of whom voted Remain) , and try to convince them of the wonders of Brexit).

Get over it.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get over it.

Are you being serious
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get over it.

Oh dear.
    How eloquent. How insightful. How amusing.

Perhaps it is time to close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.