Who was your favourite tonight?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Boyzone man and the dog were very entertaining, but Scala were by far the best.
  • DimSumDimSum Posts: 6,753
    Forum Member
    One boy and the dog.:)
  • pinkfishpinkfish Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Gin the dog

and sack The camera crew !! they are awful
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I loved Andrew best, his serious little face as he was telling Simon he was bullied at school, and then out came this pure clear voice. Plus I love Pie Jesu.
    Secondly, I liked the girl string quartet, very talented and a pleasure to watch. Anyone know what it was that they were playing?
    Thirdly, Craig, the guy who took off Boyzone - he was so talented, far better than a lot of acts on tv now.
    Fourth, the contortionist was excellent and fascinating to watch, but her act must be a bit limited, not much else she can do with it.
    Last but not least, I loved Katie and Gin, fabulous well rehearsed act.

Can't choose between those 5.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    the young lad was a bit simaler but younger to paul pot's last year.
    so i dont think he could win.

how do you spell simuler simaler simaler ??? what!!!

Use the spell check, I do, it's very useful. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were a few GREAT acts last night, but my fav was the dog act. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iona, the contortionist, was good but paled by comparison to other acts as the show went on. Besides, how many variations of that act can you do? You’ve seen it once, you’ve seen it 100 times.

Katie and Gin were excellent. It’s all very well being able to do that in your own back garden but doing it in front of a large audience, TV cameras, lights, etc is a totally different matter. I loved the fact that the dog wasn’t phased by any of it.

The guy doing the Boyzone act was very entertaining. I’d be interested to see his other “tributes”.

Andrew, the little operatic singing boy, but I was put off a bit by them starting on the sob story already.

Scala were excellent but, just like operatic boybands, there are already several of this type of band around these days.
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    I liked Scala and the Boyzone guy. I loved the dog, but I think the problem is - that was the act - what else can they do?

That was just one routine. There is no way of knowing at this stage how many routines they have. If you’ve ever watched the performances on the last day of Crufts before the finalists are brought into the arena you will know how you can adapt routines and invent moves to go with the music or song that you are performing to.

The guy singing "Valerie"at the end was funny even if he wasn't very good. I wanted to slap Amanda. Partly for coming across as so humourless but mainly for being the usual unconvicing actress she is.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to choose a favourite but I loved Gin the dog, Scala and Andrew - I only caught the last minutes of bendy girl but she looked pretty good. Enjoyed the Boyzone guy too. Great show for an opening I thought, really made me :D and :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the electric string band was really good and that girl with her dog :)
  • Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate and Gin, and the guy doing the Boyzone impressions. Excellent.

Scala were good but a poor imitation of Bond.

The contortionist was good but a bit boring after more than one minute.

Andrew was alright but no better than any other 13 year old chorister.

For entertainment value, Donald :D particularly when he started singing 'Bleeding Love' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gin and Kate, and the guy doing the Boyzone act.

Sorry but girls in skimpy gear playing pseudo-classical music bore me to tears and it takes more than just a clear voice (and a sob story) to make a young chorister something special and not just another chorister with a clear voice (and a sob story).