Anyone else suprised Assassin's Creed IV was made free to gold users?

Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
Forum Member
A decent game, less that 2 years old is given away; what's that about?

Comments

• WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can buy this game for roughly 3 pounds, so not really.

Edit. £3.82 http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/assassins-creed-IV-black-flag-full-game-download/
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    You can buy this game for roughly 3 pounds, so not really.

Edit. £3.82 http://gamedealdaily.com/xbox-one/assassins-creed-IV-black-flag-full-game-download/

The depreciation of videogames always surprises me.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap game, played it on the 360 and all the navel engagements just bored me to death.

It a great freebie for those that like the series but have never play Black flag, but does anybody fitting that description actually exist?

I'm more excited that this might signify the start of more AAA titles coming to games with gold ;-)
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A decent game, less that 2 years old is given away; what's that about?

Obviously people had stopped buying it...so ubisoft said yes pls when Microsoft said have some money.

A fantastic game - great to now own it for free. For anyone who hasn't played it before it's a great freebie. Hopefully more AAA titles coming soon!
  • ClanroydenClanroyden Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Great game, I played it on Wii U (not the easiest way to control ships via the plate like controller/tablet) and Xbox (I didn't feel justified in paying nearly £40 for it on PS4, when we had one as I had already played it on Wii U)

It's my favourite of the recent AC series and ship battles and pirating is great fun. If they brought out a pirate only game I would be there like a shot. As someone once said, "Everything is better with Pirates!"

Great game for free with Xbox Live.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, everyone complains that they don't get enough recent titles with GwG and PS+ and when they do people question it?

It's nearly 2 years old. We've had Unity since and Syndicate is just around the corner.

Great game. 2nd best in the series behind AC2.
    Just finished Rogue last night and it's finally on to finish Unity. (I do tend to get behind with AC)
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Crap game, played it on the 360 and all the navel engagements just bored me to death.

It a great freebie for those that like the series but have never play Black flag, but does anybody fitting that description actually exist?

I'm more excited that this might signify the start of more AAA titles coming to games with gold ;-)

Have to agree with this - just couldn't get into the naval battles AT ALL - sheer frustration more than anything else, so difficult to get past some of the early battles and you can't progress through the game unless these are completed.
    :(
  • Mojo FonesMojo Fones Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Mrs. Fones and I both enjoyed it except for a few 'follow' missions. We got the AC bundle when we bought our console but we haven't played much Unity yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    You have to bear in mind you can only play it as long as you have gold subscription it's not buy to keep , it's have as long as your gold subscriber

at the moment tomb raider is £7.93 to buy with gold subscription