Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - Pauline looks great!
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    My neighbour had a brain tumour which was only spotted when he went for an eye test. He was rushed straight into hospital, funnily enough I think that was Kings as Medway couldn't deal with it. He's fine now and has the all clear but still goes for annual scans.
    Ooooh was he on telly by any chance? There was a programme on BBC a few months back about hospitals and there was a guy on there who went for an eye test and found out he had a tumour :eek:

That's also another reason you should go to dentist aswell as they can pick up mouth and tounge cancer too from the check ups.

Imagine that...going to a normal check up appointment to find out you may have cancer :eek:

It's shocking how tumours can be found out....accidents, check ups....etc!
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    How awful - you all think I was being rude about Steve's wife :eek:

I was referring to the ad break! Oh dear, i'm really embarassed now.:o

Mazzy don't worry about it honey, I think we all thought that because we were talking about Steve at the time. No harm done..but I'll make sure I have a look next time that advert is on to see Gwyneth's makeup. :D
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :

Aww bless don't feel bad I think it reflects badly on us not you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Ooooh was he on telly by any chance? There was a programme on BBC a few months back about hospitals and there was a guy on there who went for an eye test and found out he had a tumour :eek:

That's also another reason you should go to dentist aswell as they can pick up mouth and tounge cancer too from the check ups.

Imagine that...going to a normal check up appointment to find out you may have cancer :eek:

No I don't think he was on the t.v. Although it's the sort of thing he would have done knowing him..just for his 5 mins of fame :p

I'm amazed at how tumours are found purely by chance.. Just goes to show they lie dormant for ages without us knowing.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Many years ago an optician in my area was taken to his professional performance committee because he failed to notice signs of tumours in a number of patients - I think several of them went on to die much sooner than they would have done if he had picked up the signs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the eavesdropping in on people sitting in the waiting room I'd happily watch a programme in that alone
    Me too :p I'm so nosy haha.
    rhumble wrote: »
    I think if I was on this I would be pixelated:D, I wouldn't fancy being filmed
    Bless! Well you can refuse to be shown. They filmed a friend of mine for 999 and she went apeshit for various reasons and thankfully they didn't put it on the show.

Hahahaha opps :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Is his wife partially deaf ? she has that way of speaking

Edit : she has explained it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please let us see him at the end.. I would hate it if he survived the car crash but to die of the tumour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago an optician in my area was taken to his professional performance committee because he failed to notice signs of tumours in a number of patients - I think several of them went on to die much sooner than they would have done if he had picked up the signs.
    Eeeeeeep :eek:

Worrying when they do that and there's a sign that can be easily noticed or you've been trained to..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is his wife partially deaf ? she has that way of speaking
    Hmmmm I am thinking that although deaf people only tend to speak like that if it's profound.

I have moderate hearing loss myself, so considered partially deaf but I am able to speak coherently most of the time so don't speak like that :D:o Not mocking anyone who can't btw.

EDIT: It's been explained on telly :o
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Maxine and Steve :( This is turning out to be a really sad episode tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm I am thinking that although deaf people only tend to speak like that if it's profound.

I have moderate hearing loss myself, so considered partially deaf but I am able to speak coherently most of the time so don't speak like that :D:o Not mocking anyone who can't btw.

She explained it was a condition similar to a stroke, I can't remember the name of the condition though :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before she explained, I wondered whether she had very mild cerebral palsy as her speech pattern is very similar. She seems like a lovely lady. What a horrible stressful time it is for everyone involved - patients and loved ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She explained it was a condition similar to a stroke, I can't remember the name of the condition though :o
    I edited but you must have got the quote button before I did. Yeah I saw that aswell. Poor love
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Oh please let us see him at the end.. I would hate it if he survived the car crash but to die of the tumour.

Yeah hope hes ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I have to say that guy's moaning was making me laugh too :D (the one in the waiting area whose girlfriend was laughing at him.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I have to say that guy's moaning was making me laugh too :D (the one in the waiting area whose girlfriend was laughing at him.)

He sounded like a creature from Star Wars :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew! Benign - really good news
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogglebox time !
  • Options