✭✭
    But what was the AI of the sketch?
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    How is 11 anything like 12?

I think 12 is like all the Doctors. But then you could say that for any Doctor except Hartnell, McGann and Eccleston.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

My name is Peter Minister and I digitally sculpted the puppets for newzoids through Factory Transmedia.
    I have read lots of complimentary comments and a good few negative ones re the puppets. I just felt that I should wade in with some information about the show. It was never meant to be a "new" spitting image. Everything from the design of the caricatures (Mike Giblin) through to the wway they are operated was based on a number of things. The design ethic echoed from Strange Hill High ...a kids program on ITV. It was felt that the most economical way to produce a show like Newzoids was to employ real time puppets. The idea behind leaving the control rods was to add an end of the peir puppet show look to them.

Its interesting that at its peak...each episode of Spitting image was costing near to half a million pounds per episode...something that just doesnt happen these days.

I have some episodes of Spitting image on file and towards the end, the writing suffered in exchange for near the knuckle shocks and it really is remembered with rose tinted glasses.

The way newzoids is produced allows us to write, record and perform material up to the day of transmission. The digital mouths seem to resonate negatively with some viewers but its the only way to achieve any kind of real time/after the effect movement.

I am proud of what we are achieving with the series and I hope you all keep being enetertained.

Peter Minister
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Thought it was rubbish and zero similarities
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said before that it Sherlock and Moffat's Doctor Who ever had a proper crossover it would translate to screens as the PG Televisual equivalent of watching Benedict Cumberbatch and Matt Smith/Peter Capaldi slowly and painstakingly licking each other's arseholes.