Yuffie wrote: »
    Winter is coming !

You know nothing Jo........oh, wrong franchise......:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Which could still mean 2014.

They'll want it out by Christmas, my guess (and i'm just plucking ideas from nowhere) it'll most likely come out between the 7th and 21st of December
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read it's coming out on 19th Dec in Japan, so it's unlikely to hit the US and Europe till 2014, but they also run the risk of clashing with Lightning Returns, so maybe January? I don't know when will be a good time. I'd choose FFX over Lightning Returns any day.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a531930/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-release-delayed-until-march-2014.html

:( I hate Square-Enix this generation. They have a lot to make up for on the PS4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a531930/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-release-delayed-until-march-2014.html

:( I hate Square-Enix this generation. They have a lot to make up for on the PS4.

Ah, that's my birthday! A lovely present. I don't think March is considered Winter though is it? I had given up on it for this year, no release date at TGS really confirmed it. Dissapointing, but they are putting a lot of work into the new version. Funnily, they updated the character models and they somehow made them look worse, like they had no expression, the animation wasn't as good as the original. They have made a lot of work for themselves, i'd rather they get it right.

Final Fantasy 15 had better be good, this generation has not gone well for SE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A month after Final Fantasy XIII-3, what do they think people are made of money

Suppose i'll just give FFXIII-3 a miss because after playing the first two i still have absolutely no idea what is going on in terms of story and they are pretty bad games all round

At least i can get some enjoyment from X on the Vita
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    A month after Final Fantasy XIII-3, what do they think people are made of money

Suppose i'll just give FFXIII-3 a miss because after playing the first two i still have absolutely no idea what is going on in terms of story and they are pretty bad games all round

At least i can get some enjoyment from X on the Vita

Same here, I understood 13, right up to the end, then it lost me. I spent hours getting the platinum for 13-2, and had no idea what it was even about. I think i'll give the next one a miss, i'm planning to buy a PS4 around March, I might put it off, cause Final Fantasy X will keep me happy for a few weeks. I'm hoping there will be an infamous bundle or something.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    March? Grrrr Hulk smash!

March will be XB1 + Titanfall time.

Bah, of course I'll still be picking it up....plus XIII-3.

March is going to be a busy month.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    release date 21/3/14!!!!!!1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some news for people looking to get the remakes on Vita

''Vita owners who purchase a physical copy of Final Fantasy X at retail will receive an X-2 HD download code.''

So not on the same card (unlike PS3 where they are on the same disk) but you still get both games for the price of the one, it might even work out cheaper than the PS3 version

Also seems weird how they point out getting it at 'Retail' gets you X-2, i wonder what means for people who wanted to download both on Vita, will the price of the digital version be cheaper so the cost of buying both separately is the same just buying X at retail

It launches on the same day as well March 21
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. Abhorrent an idea as that is to me, realistically, I've long since packed up the PS3 and it's not like I'm going to be getting it back out again anytime soon.

They've spent soooo much time getting this one out that it's already become obsolete to me. Gutted. :(
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. Abhorrent an idea as that is to me, realistically, I've long since packed up the PS3 and it's not like I'm going to be getting it back out again anytime soon.

They've spent soooo much time getting this one out that it's already become obsolete to me. Gutted. :(

Don't give up and get that ps3 out for 21st mar 2014 :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little update for anyone interested, the trophy lists for both games are out and both appear to be do everything for each platinum

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/final-fantasy-x-hd/trophies/

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-2596-Game-Added--Final-Fantasy-X-2-HD--PS3---Vita-.html
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little update for anyone interested, the trophy lists for both games are out and both appear to be do everything for each platinum

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-2596-Game-Added--Final-Fantasy-X-2-HD--PS3---Vita-.html

O God! They kept some of the worst parts of 10 in this! Hopefully things like the Chocobo racing has been improved in terms of control but damn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant :-D I want to have to do everything. I didn't mind the chocobo controls so I'm happy to do it all again.
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    hmmm im not sure what to make of the recent developments the audio drama alludes to. Its suprising to say the least. Beware spoilers though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm im not sure what to make of the recent developments the audio drama alludes to. Its suprising to say the least. Beware spoilers though.

I may pretend this thing does not exist, as it sounds awful. But I've only read a Japanese translation, so it may not be as bad as it sounds.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I may pretend this thing does not exist, as it sounds awful. But I've only read a Japanese translation, so it may not be as bad as it sounds.

Your right. It may sound better in English but now it opens up so many lose ends.

"Last mission" which we will get with the hd collection was pretty much the epilogue to the story but then they added the audio drama...

Will have to wait to its clearer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this thread opened over two years ago and we're still waiting! I hope it does actually come out in 2014 and they aren't lying to us lol
    Forum Member
    Its strange that im excited for a game i already own and have played numerous times. Im buying the HD remaster more for X-2 International but im trying to hold off playing ffx until this comes out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been waiting for this game since it was rumoured about three years ago. I'm not too fussed about X-2 but I can't wait for X.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its strange that im excited for a game i already own and have played numerous times. Im buying the HD remaster more for X-2 International but im trying to hold off playing ffx until this comes out.

I gave in myself and ended up finishing the game for the first time early last year, haven't played it since and i decided not to do everything else so a lot with still be fresh to me

The only things i can recall doing from all my playthroughs is finishing the game and hiring Yojimbo

Getting the other Aeons, exploring the calm lands doing the chocobo missions and battle arena, finding and upgrading the celestial weapons, there is so much a could go on all day

Long story short if you feel like just having a story playthrough i'd say go for it, if you want to do everything i'd say wait
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-Ordered (for PSVita) from shopto afew days ago! £26! ... Don't know whether that's cheap or not! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave in myself and ended up finishing the game for the first time early last year, haven't played it since and i decided not to do everything else so a lot with still be fresh to me

The only things i can recall doing from all my playthroughs is finishing the game and hiring Yojimbo

Getting the other Aeons, exploring the calm lands doing the chocobo missions and battle arena, finding and upgrading the celestial weapons, there is so much a could go on all day

Long story short if you feel like just having a story playthrough i'd say go for it, if you want to do everything i'd say wait

Yeah, I agree, try and hold on. Because some of the ultimate weapon quests are super hard, and very frustrating, Chocobo race i'm looking at you. If you wait, it means your suffering will have meaning, because you will earn trophies!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree, try and hold on. Because some of the ultimate weapon quests are super hard, and very frustrating, Chocobo race i'm looking at you. If you wait, it means your suffering will have meaning, because you will earn trophies!

I never minded the chocobo races but those lightning strikes I hated! 200?! Are you kidding? I don't think I ever actually managed it.