Important Forum Announcement - Please Read

Comments

• planetf1planetf1 Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you going to make the site mobile friendly (AND ideally support tapatalk).

Interacting with my favourite sites via mobile is my preferred approach...... and I suspect many feel the same. Currently the site is painful to use via mobile
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planetf1 wrote: »
    Are you going to make the site mobile friendly (AND ideally support tapatalk).

Interacting with my favourite sites via mobile is my preferred approach...... and I suspect many feel the same. Currently the site is painful to use via mobile

Have you tried the mobile version?
  • YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forums being going up and down all night (presumably because of the CBB forum being over active)
    Or perhaps site changes behind the scenes? ;)
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed it a few times. One was at 9.15pm.

I guessed it was probably BB
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William65 wrote: »
    Forums being going up and down all night (presumably because of the CBB forum being over active)
    Or perhaps site changes behind the scenes? ;)

The BB forum is nowhere near as busy as it used to be so hopefully it's site changes behind the scenes.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think the full move will happen until CBB is over.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I can't think the full move will happen until CBB is over.

What will those people do while the forums are down?

Personally i think BB has run it's course and should not have been revived.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    And here we are with no sign of an upgrade!

Is it stopping you using the site?
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Is it stopping you using the site?

Clearly not - i was responding to the poster who touted the 16th as the date of the upgrade.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    What will those people do while the forums are down?

Personally i think BB has run it's course and should not have been revived.

Plus what is going out on Channel 5 is not really Big Brother, More like a crap MTV show in another name.
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus what is going out on Channel 5 is not really Big Brother, More like a crap MTV show in another name.

That's one way of compartmentalizing your problems, I suppose. :D Big Brother is and always has been crap, and I say that as a fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought, Mods can you answer. If I get the chance to change my username (because I have a space between words) when and if someone does a search on my posts, will posts under my previous name show under my new name? Cheers.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the current waiting time on DS replying to emails? I'm asking for someone waiting to hear back about getting their account reinstated, they've answered the questions required for the final part and sent it off nearly 2 weeks ago but still heard nothing.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum upgrade is as slow as a snail.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Clearly not - i was responding to the poster who touted the 16th as the date of the upgrade.

Sorry, I started that rumour by mistake I'm afraid :blush:
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum upgrade is as slow as a snail.

I think they are just letting us enjoy the bouncing pages, advert malware and double scroll bars a little longer.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gawd it's taking for ever. :(
  • YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Oh my gawd it's taking for ever. :(

I think they're holding it off till after February the 3rd which is when CBB finishes since I'm expecting they'll need to go offline for day(s) again.

Got to say though, with there being behind the scenes happening (or so I think and hope!) there's so many glitches and bugs that come with it :(
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Are we there yet???
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Are we there yet???

When they first announced it I was hoping it would be all done before Christmas, ... I am still hoping it will be all done before Christmas.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    I got my account back yesterday. I'm hoping we can change usernames after the upgrade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new announcement is saying that our old browser passwords may not work after the forum update so we should ensure our email address is correct and to change our password. The part that's not clear to me is do we change our password before or after the update.

No mention of changing username with regard to the gap between words.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new announcement is saying that our old browser passwords may not work after the forum update so we should ensure our email address is correct and to change our password. The part that's not clear to me is do we change our password before or after the update.
    It's basically just telling you to ensure you know what your password is, because if you rely on your browser remembering it for you, that may not work immediately after the update.

If you also ensure that your email address is correct, then at least you have a mechanism available for resetting your password, should you need to.

Edit: it's not entirely clear if they are saying there is a possibility that browser-saved passwords will never work with the new software. That would be annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for reply. The announcement is a bit ambiguous.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    Good luck with...DSexit? everyone :D

I'm sure everything will be fine and there'll be positive outcomes for all :erm:

Perhaps we should have a #hashtag prepared to discuss our forum migration experiences on social media:

#DSexit
    #ProblemsWithDSexit
    #MyDSForumMigrationHell

:blush: