Options

FLATLINE! 2pm today MutyaKeishaSiobhan

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I really love the song now, what strikes me is that it really is a Sugababes song, it sounds like something they would have done during the Taller In More Ways era, it totally fits them and their voices, I'll admit, I count Heidi as more of a Sugababe than Siobhan, but 2/3 from the perfect line-up is certainly better then what the current babes have got.

I can easily see Heidi doing Siobhan's parts in Flatline, in fact, the opening lines sound very Heidi-like.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I wonder is MKS will tour, and if they did would they perform any Sugababes material? Their Overload stuff would be obvious, but would they be willing to go into their Angels and Three stuff? Awkward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I wonder is MKS will tour, and if they did would they perform any Sugababes material? Their Overload stuff would be obvious, but would they be willing to go into their Angels and Three stuff? Awkward.

At their first reunion gig they performed 'Freak Like Me', so it seems like they would be willing. However, I imagine they'll stick mostly to the new album and 'One Touch' material.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why they wouldn't, Keisha was in the group right up until Get Sexy, so I guess anything is fair game, the current Sugababes are performing songs where only one member was present (Heidi), so MKS should be able to do it. Though I can't see them doing Get Sexy lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I can easily see Heidi doing Siobhan's parts in Flatline, in fact, the opening lines sound very Heidi-like.

Agreed, I can easily imagine her doing Siobhan's parts, not to dismiss her or anything, she rocks it, it's just wishful thinking for me to have the perfect line-up back and those lines would suit Heidi so well!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Agreed, I can easily imagine her doing Siobhan's parts, not to dismiss her or anything, she rocks it, it's just wishful thinking for me to have the perfect line-up back and those lines would suit Heidi so well!

It would NEVER happen though cos Heidi doesn't have Siobhan's songwritng ability so Flatline wouldn't exist as Mk 2.0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    It would NEVER happen though cos Heidi doesn't have Siobhan's songwritng ability so Flatline wouldn't exist as Mk 2.0

Well I don't think it's fair to judge, Siobhan has released two solo albums, we've seen how good her writing can be, but Heidi hasn't had much of a chance outside of what she's written in the goup.
  • Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can feeellll a flatline.....

Love it. The harmonies are on point, if there is any justice at all this will be a huge number one hit.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    It's the usual 2 month of promo though. UK labels really should give on air / on sale another go, but oh well.

I'd understand them waiting two months had they not kept everybody waiting for about a year already

July 2012 - MKS announced
    August 2012 - Siobhan tweets album is complete
    December 2012 - First gig simply old Sugababes material
    July 2013 - Debut single gets first airplay
    September 2013 - Debut single released

It's simply too long and I think people will get bored of waiting, there was nothing between their gig on NYE and the single announcement in July
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »

How do we know that though?! We don't know how much writing she did with Keisha and Mutya but it's on record that Mutya didn't write a word of TIMW and Keisha said it was her and Heidi that wrote it, pretty decent writing ability to me
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion ....Heidi is s*it and the red head chick is far better.

Mks is mks

And sugababes 4.0 is sugababes

One band has credibility while one is pop puppets
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In my opinion ....Heidi is s*it and the red head chick is far better.

Mks is mks

And sugababes 4.0 is sugababes

One band has credibility while one is pop puppets

It's obviously a matter of opinion, I like Siobhan but I personally find her voice quite cold whilst I think Heidi has got a great and warm tone to her voice

I don't really understand how you can label 4.0 as pop puppets when they have only put one song out (Freedom) which was a great song that was closer to the Sugababes sound than the band had been for a very long time

As for MKS credibility, I am a fan but I personally think the whole thing has been done for money. None of the girls have had million selling solo careers, Keisha publicly slated both Siobhan and Mutya after they left, Sugababes weren't Sugababes until Heidi joined and 3.0 were the best lineup vocally and relationship wise in Keisha's words

I think in the future, when a Big Reunion type thing happens for the Sugababes, Siobhan will be long gone and 2.0 will be standing on the stage together as the best lineup the group has had
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obviously a matter of opinion, I like Siobhan but I personally find her voice quite cold whilst I think Heidi has got a great and warm tone to her voice

I don't really understand how you can label 4.0 as pop puppets when they have only put one song out (Freedom) which was a great song that was closer to the Sugababes sound than the band had been for a very long time

As for MKS credibility, I am a fan but I personally think the whole thing has been done for money. None of the girls have had million selling solo careers, Keisha publicly slated both Siobhan and Mutya after they left, Sugababes weren't Sugababes until Heidi joined and 3.0 were the best lineup vocally and relationship wise in Keisha's words

I think in the future, when a Big Reunion type thing happens for the Sugababes, Siobhan will be long gone and 2.0 will be standing on the stage together as the best lineup the group has had

I actually think Mutya will be first to leave.
    She seems so disinterested in their interviews already.
    Maybe a line-up of Keisha, Siobhan and Heidi is on the cards:D
  • Options
    Wooly ShamblerWooly Shambler Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    As for MKS credibility, I am a fan but I personally think the whole thing has been done for money.

Well, most artists do it "for the money" really - they want to be able to live off making and releasing music after all.

With that said - if they were purely in it for just the money they would've signed a record deal in 2009 when they first were offered. They wouldn't have been working for this record for the past two years either, nor would they have had to spend a lot of time together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I actually think Mutya will be first to leave.
    She seems so disinterested in their interviews already.
    Maybe a line-up of Keisha, Siobhan and Heidi is on the cards:D

Mutya has always come over that way in interviews, she has a very quiet laid back personality. She also apparently dislikes giving interviews.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really been a fan of the sugababes in all there various incarnations, but this song is fantastic, I love it. Classy, sophisticated grown up pop music.

I downloaded siobhan's album ghosts after listening to this, also fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I've never really been a fan of the sugababes in all there various incarnations, but this song is fantastic, I love it. Classy, sophisticated grown up pop music.

I downloaded siobhan's album ghosts after listening to this, also fantastic.

I've been checking out Ghosts too after being impressed by Siobhan on Flatline.
    Smart move by her agreeing to a reunion as she'll gain new fans now for her solo work:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    LOVE this song. However, I am not a fan of Siobhan yet, as I was never a fan of the Sugababes the brief time she was in the band, being more familiar with 2.0/3.0/4.0, but she has a lovely voice. I think it's going to be huge. Wish it was Heidi singing on the track though; Siobhan's lines would suit her so well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siobhan has such an amazing voice. Great to hear her singing again.

Also as people said, lets hope this gets people into her solo stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    "Mutya, are you ready for today's event?"

"I aaaamm!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FZ5kCSCdA

Making of Flatline
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    all this Sugababes infighting among fans is quite laughable ....the majority of fans supported them through all their formation changes.... undeniably, 2.0 was the mainstream Sugababes success, after a sales lack lustre but respected debut album. The sales don't lie. However, Siobhan and the debut album was great and under appreciated. But lets face it all 3 of the Sugababes 1.0 solo albums stalled or sold very little. Who knows maybe they could all come together to make a supreme 'Sugababes 6 piece' in the end. Because to me they all have added an extra jigsaw piece to the magic of the Sugababes. The best UK female band of he 00s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've put myself on a Flatline ban for the foreseeable future so I won't be tired of it when the video/single is released:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    all this Sugababes infighting among fans is quite laughable ....the majority of fans supported them through all their formation changes.... undeniably, 2.0 was the mainstream Sugababes success, after a sales lack lustre but respected debut album. The sales don't lie. However, Siobhan and the debut album was great and under appreciated. But lets face it all 3 of the Sugababes 1.0 solo albums stalled or sold very little. Who knows maybe they could all come together to make a supreme 'Sugababes 6 piece' in the end. Because to me they all have added an extra jigsaw piece to the magic of the Sugababes. The best UK female band of he 00s.

This... I think a lot of people think if you support the current girls you're either not a real fan or you dislike the original line up.. I love all of the line ups and as you say all six have added to the group in their own way

I hope both MKS and Sugababes can produce and release successful music again
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well they are all trying to be professional musicians so, of course, they are doing it for the money. A cynical view might be to gain more exposure for their solo careers, although Keisha hasn't really had a solo career.

Why not be more positive and say that MKS got together to see if they could produce some decent music? Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan have been involved in the most creative, if not the most successful, music in the Sugababes catalogue. And with Flatline they have shown a bit of that. It might be a bit of a challenge to Sugababes 4.0 to match Flatline!