Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    The trouble with using DNS settings taken off the net is that in a short time they become unusable, as Unblock us etc aren't stupid and they do change them.

I find it funny, we use Unblock us, which allows us to watch other regions of Netflix it costs a couple of quid a month (£3.24) and yet people are still trying to get something for free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    I tried to do it on my iPhone last night but found it really hard to set up the US iTunes account thing. I followed all the instructions but it kept changing my region back to UK. :confused:

You don't need a us itunes account anymore, that was for when Netflix wasn't available in the UK. You just subscribe to Netflix UK now.

Set up the DNS on your playstation, Apple TV etc and you then change the region via unblock us website. I use apple tv and use my iPad to change the regions, works great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    As long as your using the DNS settings provided by Unblock-Us then you'll see a region selector on the main page.
    Just select which region you wish to use(US,Canada,Mexico,Brazil,UK,Ireland,Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Finland) then select Update.
    Log back into Netflix and you'll be on the region you selected.
    If your using different DNS settings then US Netflix may be all you can recieve unless you set your DNS on your device back to Auto then you'll see UK content.

Thanks for that - all working now. I'd just missed the fact I had to select the region!

Another quick question - my parents have just moved to France and are missing Netflix - would they be able to use the Unlock thing to access it from there?
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I tried Netflix with Unblock Us. Although it was great, I found that when I'd go to Swedish Netflix a lot of movies had subtitles which I could not remove. I'm using the Samsung Smart TV app to access, maybe other platforms let you turn them off.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    AmyF9 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - all working now. I'd just missed the fact I had to select the region!

Another quick question - my parents have just moved to France and are missing Netflix - would they be able to use the Unlock thing to access it from there?

Yes, it they already have an account just log into it using unblock.
    If they don't have an account then change unblock region to UK and create an account.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kargo wrote: »
    I tried Netflix with Unblock Us. Although it was great, I found that when I'd go to Swedish Netflix a lot of movies had subtitles which I could not remove. I'm using the Samsung Smart TV app to access, maybe other platforms let you turn them off.

Not being funny, but what did you expect, your watching a Foreign TV channel.

Heads up "7 Psychopaths" is on Mexico
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah there are, but the vast majority of free ones use unsecured servers and also why be limited to just the US when you can get access to so much more for as little as £3.20ish a month.
    Netflix Canada, Netflix Mexico & Netflix Sweden have some good recent movies that the US don't.

I use Netlflix through my Xbox but it's through my Sky router, I'm really struggling to get it to work! You can't change your DNS settings on your Sky router. It's right pain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I use Netlflix through my Xbox but it's through my Sky router, I'm really struggling to get it to work! You can't change your DNS settings on your Sky router. It's right pain.

Why is it hard changing the DNS on the XBox, I did it originally on my PS3 very easy just follow the video on Unblocks website.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Just change the DNS settings on the Xbox instead.
    Just follow the Xbox 360 setup instructions
  • Options
    Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would i be able to use Unblock US on kindle fire???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joolz1975 wrote: »
    Would i be able to use Unblock US on kindle fire???
    Just ignore all the US credit card stuff.
    http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291583
  • Options
    Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thankyou, looks too complicated for me to even attempt it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just change the DNS settings on the Xbox instead.
    Just follow the Xbox 360 setup instructions

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
  • Options
    Daniel_ThompsonDaniel_Thompson Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm a BA (Hons) second year film student at Falmouth university. I'm currently studying how do we consume media content? using Netflix as a case to predict how we will watch films and TV shows in 5-10 years time.

If anyone would be interested in helping then please follow the link below to complete the 5-10 minute survey:

http://survey.jointeffortstudios.com...=95778&lang=en

For any of those who might be interested in the results I'll be more than happy to post the results online as well as my work that I will be using the results.

All the response will be completely anonymous and won't be used for anything else but my personal research. Thank you to all of those who spent a few minutes of their time to read this post and a big thank you to all of you who went on to complete my survey.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Daniel Thompson
    dt130827@falmouth.ac.uk
    BA (Hons) Film Student Falmouth University
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I'm a BA (Hons) second year film student at Falmouth university. I'm currently studying how do we consume media content? using Netflix as a case to predict how we will watch films and TV shows in 5-10 years time.

If anyone would be interested in helping then please follow the link below to complete the 5-10 minute survey:

http://survey.jointeffortstudios.com...=95778&lang=en

For any of those who might be interested in the results I'll be more than happy to post the results online as well as my work that I will be using the results.

All the response will be completely anonymous and won't be used for anything else but my personal research. Thank you to all of those who spent a few minutes of their time to read this post and a big thank you to all of you who went on to complete my survey.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Daniel Thompson
    dt130827@falmouth.ac.uk
    BA (Hons) Film Student Falmouth University

Link error I'm afraid.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Prometheus on the Canadian netflix and the paperboy is on us one :)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Prometheus on the Canadian netflix and the paperboy is on us one :)

Oh great! I can perv at Zac Efron in his underpants. :o
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Oh great! I can perv at Zac Efron in his underpants. :o

Haha that's the reason I watched ;) terrible film though Macy grays voice went right through me
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha that's the reason I watched ;) terrible film though Macy grays voice went right through me

It wasn't the best film but Zacs amazing body and gorgeous face made it worth it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter on Canada
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I have Netflix but rarely use it. I don't have time to and I often forget that I have it. I'm making the most of it this evening by watching "Up". I've heard great things about this film and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    There will be plenty. LOVEFILM, on the other hand, has nothing. Terrible service in terms of playback too.

You know what? I'm gonna try Netflix tonight!
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the content is very good, I was surprised at some of the niche content it has like Zeitgeist and The Bridge (and Human Centipede...), I didn't expect to see things like that on a mainstream service like Netflix.

But during my free trial the films I watched were The Hunter, Troll Hunter, The Raid and Fargo.

The Hunter was abit of a letdown but I really enjoyed the other 3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    If any of you have Google Chrome go to the app store and find Hola Unblocker. It unblocks USA Netflix and it's free :D
  • Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QPRbabe wrote: »
    If any of you have Google Chrome go to the app store and find Hola Unblocker. It unblocks USA Netflix and it's free :D

Yes, it works great