1526527528529530532»

Comments

• Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    3.7m for The Getaway Car apparently.

Lets face it, in that slot with a lead in of 5m from Pointless and lead out from TVUK, it would have to be seriously awful to drop below 3m. As of yet that might still happen as TVUK drops when it reaches the Battles, but 3.7m isn't too bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    From Steve Williams on Twitter:

The Voice 6.63m
    Casualty 5.08m
    MOTD 4.10m
    War Horse 1.88m
    Ninja Warrior (exc HD and +1) 3.38m
    Take Me Out (exc HD and +1) 2.44m
    Ross (exc HD and +1) 1.73m
    Football League Part 1 (exc +1) 560k
    Football League Part 2 (exc +1) 510k
    Celebrity Big Brother (exc +1) 1.59m
    Montalbano 650k

So that rating for Ninja Warrior based on previous rating would give a solid figure of 4.4m-4.5m inc+1.

TVUk rises despite the dislike for this series, but does that mean it will drop again next week?

There's no denying that is a good rating for Casualty, but look what happened to TVUk wen it faces competition over 4m. The casual viewers drift away. Jonathon Ross had terrible guests last night.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    Still awful for The Voice. :D

But better than 5.5 million on X Factor.

Think of the headlines on the Daily Mail, if the BBC paid more to keep The Voice!

Waste of LF money it would be saying.

TV Singing talent contests are now dead, they have been overused, over produced, over hyped, and now they should just all be " over".
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »

Think of the headlines on the Daily Mail, if the BBC paid more to keep The Voice!

Waste of LF money it would be saying.

TV Singing talent contests are now dead, they have been overused, over produced, over hyped, and now they should just all be " over".

X Factor did better than The Voice is currently doing. It's series average was 7 million (8.1 million consolidated) and the auditions were doing around 7.5 million (9 million consolidated). With The Voice only at 6.6m last night, the live shows could be really quite low. It'll almost certainly have a lower average than X Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    It's making your 'X Factor’s dead, ITV will replace it with The Voice' prediction looking way off the mark.

Well at that point I thought the Voice would be good, but it's gone off the boil we can see that, now still performing better then X Factor, so looks like RIP ALL singing talent shows.
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice spin. In order to compare fairly we should compare (where possible) equivalent episodes - the third XF Saturday got 7.9 million. That's a lot higher than 6.6m my friend - I know you most probably didn't pass your maths GCSE, but just try and wrap your head around it.

Isn't it interesting though, the silence from the press regarding this year's Voice ratings - if this were a Simon Cowell show the press would be mauling its numbers. If only the BBC weren't so sacred we'd get some fair reporting. Also the Mirror "columnists" like Ian Hyland and Kevin O'Sullivan have gone mysteriously quiet, whereas they were quick to tweet out XF's awful numbers last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor did better than The Voice is currently doing. It's series average was 7 million (8.1 million consolidated) and the auditions were doing around 7.5 million (9 million consolidated). With The Voice only at 6.6m last night, the live shows could be really quite low. It'll almost certainly have a lower average than X Factor.

Well with its start at 5.5 million, and part one of its final at 5.5 million it wasn't, they had to get top guest stars in , like ID and Adel to prop the ratings up, XF was repeated everywhere , if you add in, catch up, +1, repeats, and Simons ego, then you may make XFs ratings look OK. But still off a cliff.

Although Simon is quick to point out that X Factor’s consolidated figures make better reading than some would have us believe, the 2015 show was not a huge success. The opening night of the final managed just 5.9 million in the overnights and Sunday’s concluding episode got 8.4 million. Both figures were down on the previous year and several million down compared with the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    3.7m for The Getaway Car apparently.

No "next big Saturday night hit" here then for the Total Wipeout remake, as predicted.
  • Options
    davies88davies88 Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well with its start at 5.5 million, and part one of its final at 5.5 million it wasn't, they had to get top guest stars in , like ID and Adel to prop the ratings up, XF was repeated everywhere , if you add in, catch up, +1, repeats, and Simons ego, then you may make XFs ratings look OK. But still off a cliff.

Although Simon is quick to point out that X Factor’s consolidated figures make better reading than some would have us believe, the 2015 show was not a huge success. The opening night of the final managed just 5.9 million in the overnights and Sunday’s concluding episode got 8.4 million. Both figures were down on the previous year and several million down compared with the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.

Yet you was very quick to point out an innacurate ratings comparison.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice spin. In order to compare fairly we should compare (where possible) equivalent episodes - the third XF Saturday got 7.9 million. That's a lot higher than 6.6m my friend - I know you most probably didn't pass your maths GCSE, but just try and wrap your head around it.

Isn't it interesting though, the silence from the press regarding this year's Voice ratings - if this were a Simon Cowell show the press would be mauling its numbers. If only the BBC weren't so sacred we'd get some fair reporting. Also the Mirror "columnists" like Ian Hyland and Kevin O'Sullivan have gone mysteriously quiet, whereas they were quick to tweet out XF's awful numbers last year.
    I don't know, The redtops seem to be far more well disposed to ITV than the BBC, assuming this is what their readers prefer. Should The Voice drop below 5 million, The Sun will probably comment on how much the BBC has wasted on the show, but TXF seems beyond criticism, even though its ratings have halved in the last six years, as it's an ITV show.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Steve Williams on Twitter:

The Voice 6.63m
    Casualty 5.08m
    MOTD 4.10m
    War Horse 1.88m
    Ninja Warrior (exc HD and +1) 3.38m
    Take Me Out (exc HD and +1) 2.44m
    Ross (exc HD and +1) 1.73m
    Football League Part 1 (exc +1) 560k
    Football League Part 2 (exc +1) 510k
    Celebrity Big Brother (exc +1) 1.59m
    Montalbano 650k

Montalbano on BBC Four just shows how much the football highlights have being a failure for Channel 5, CBB still holding up well through.
  • Options
    ian hylandian hyland Posts: 215
    Forum Member

I tweeted it was down the very first week. Keep up Dan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I don't know, The redtops seem to be far more well disposed to ITV than the BBC, assuming this is what their readers prefer. Should The Voice drop below 5 million, The Sun will probably comment on how much the BBC has wasted on the show, but TXF seems beyond criticism, even though its ratings have halved in the last six years, as it's an ITV show.

Did the critisim of TXF last year pass you by?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    ian hyland wrote: »
    I tweeted it was down the very first week. Keep up Dan.

If thats the real Ian Hyland I am not sure I want to be associated with a forum he posts on !!! :D
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still awful for The Voice. :D

Better than a lot of the X Factor's ratings!
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Not better, no. About level. And it's not like beating XF is anything remotely worth boasting about any more, unless it's by a significant margin.

But some people will clutch on to any straw they can.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the critisim of TXF last year pass you by?
    I know Ally Ross criticised the standard of TXF last year, but the redtops were still happy to put TXF on their front covers most Saturdays. While not a given, I'd assume redtop readers form a far higher percentage of viewers of TXF, BGT, IAC, BB and the soaps than people who buy the broadsheets, in the same way football dominates their sports pages over sports like rugby union and cricket.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay Lee wrote: »
    Re. Tom Jones being cited as a possible factor in The Voice's decline: I'm not so convinced. I accept that older viewers may have liked seeing his involvement; personally, I found him quite a stilted presence on the show. He looked particularly awkward when it got to the live rounds.

Not that I'm suggesting Boy George and Paloma Faith are good replacements. Paloma Faith in particular - I can see why people would turn over the minute she opens her mouth.

Yes I must admit Iv said the same in the past, but there was a certain stature and obviously a colourful past about Sir Tom which was an apparent draw for some.
    Personally I think all of the coaches have to go now(and rule out any previous coaches), they need to break with the BBC years completely and hope that what they come up with hits the ground running. Its looking a little less promising than it was now, but there will be an undoubted pull factor and curiosity for the first show next year-they just need to get everything right.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the underlining problem is that Saturday night's have become so blooming dull. Strictly is still successful in the same way BGT and IAC is, because it looks and feels like event TV. Other than that why does anyone need to bother tuning in to their TV's these days? Getaway is OK. I enjoyed it enough but can't see myself getting excited enough because it's on! They didn't change or vary the games which is something at least Total Wipeout did. Twelve weeks with the exact same challenges is going to feel more like Groundhog Day than it is Saturday night telly. British TV has I'm afraid, jumped the shark. TV execs no longer know, nor seemingly care, what the viewer wants. It is easier and cheaper to just fill the schedules with the same shows day in, day out ad nauseum until viewers couldn't care less what was on because they'll assume it was the same as yesterday anyway. Sad state of affairs if you ask me.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to The Voice - they can change the format, change the judges or whatever they want - but if they only have a succession of pub-singers as the talent, then it won't make a blind bit of difference.

The singers so far this year have been about as mediocre as it can get.

It actually feels like the judges are just turning out of sheer desperation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Yes I must admit Iv said the same in the past, but there was a certain stature and obviously a colourful past about Sir Tom which was an apparent draw for some.
    Personally I think all of the coaches have to go now(and rule out any previous coaches), they need to break with the BBC years completely and hope that what they come up with hits the ground running. Its looking a little less promising than it was now, but there will be an undoubted pull factor and curiosity for the first show next year-they just need to get everything right.

Ricky Wilson was right last night. He, like me, is getting fed up with Will.I.am saying "I didn't turn because I thought Ricky would". The whole point used to be if a coach thinks they have potential then they turn, not wait for someone else to turn. The contestant then chose who THEY wanted to go with, not rely on the coach to turn who was more suited to their genre. If the coaches feel they're incapable of dealing with different genre's then they shouldn't be on the show in the first place.

Boy George is just too annoying. He gets up too often and does a silly little dance to the audience and makes it all about him rather than focusing on the singers, and Paloma and Boy George have said to contestants that they didn't turn because they were trying to imagine what they looked like! It is hard to care about anything on the show anymore. The "talent" this year is woeful bar a few who, in my opinion should have been picked but weren't, and so far all those selected are so ordinary I can't see how anyone will care when it comes to the elimination rounds.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »

TXF was still much higher during the audition stages (the part that's meant to be the strongest part for The Voice).

And tbh, The Voice should be higher due to the fact that more people are watching TV in January compared to August when TXF auditions air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    TXF was still much higher during the audition stages (the part that's meant to be the strongest part for The Voice).

And tbh, The Voice should be higher due to the fact that more people are watching TV in January compared to August when TXF auditions air.

TXF is a show that those who love it will tune in regardless as to when it's on. These same viewers will continue to watch throughout the series because they like the show and reward it with their loyalty.

I don't believe TVUK has such a loyalty from its viewers. There may be more people indoors watching telly in January, but not necessarily all of them are watching it as broadcast.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    TXF is a show that those who love it will tune in regardless as to when it's on. These same viewers will continue to watch throughout the series because they like the show and reward it with their loyalty.

I don't believe TVUK has such a loyalty from its viewers. There may be more people indoors watching telly in January, but not necessarily all of them are watching it as broadcast.

This is all subjective though. You don't actually know if TVUK doesn't have such a loyal fan base.

Continued here: The Ratings Thread (Part 67)
This discussion has been closed.