Cheshire/North Wales DAB off air?

LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am back home in North Shropshire right now and unable to receive the aforementioned DAB multiplex whereas I could do so before.
Any info at all?

Comments

• mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems here near Congleton , as strong as ever on 10d
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you're referring to NE Wales & West Cheshire (aka Wrexham & Deeside), the coverage map shows it as having very little coverage in North Shropshire.

It's on 10D, so I'm assuming you've done a full search. Older radios will often miss it because their default search is only 11B - 12B.

What does the Postcode Checker say? You may have just been lucky, picking it up when the wind happened to be in the right direction.

You could also use the Transmitter Checker to see whether there are any known problems, although this site isn't always accurate and up to date.
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem solved. It was my laptop being in close proximity to my DAB receiver. It has a peculiar habit of interfering with my DAB reception for some odd reason.
    Solution: Move radio away from laptop. Result: Perfect reception of Wrexham and Deeside multiplex.
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Assuming you're referring to NE Wales & West Cheshire (aka Wrexham & Deeside), the coverage map shows it as having very little coverage in North Shropshire..

Thanks Gerry, but I wouldn't take that coverage map as gospel.
    The Wrexham and Deeside multiplex is received here in Whitchurch quite well, and it does cover parts of Telford even better than the local Shropshire multiplex does.
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gerry, but I wouldn't take that coverage map as gospel.
    The Wrexham and Deeside multiplex is received here in Whitchurch quite well, and it does cover parts of Telford even better than the local Shropshire multiplex does.

Absolutely.
    I live in Cheadle, Staffordshire and despite being nowhere near the coverage area according to that map, it booms in here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulx23 wrote: »
    Absolutely.
    I live in Cheadle, Staffordshire and despite being nowhere near the coverage area according to that map, it booms in here.

And it has better content than the boring Stoke mutiplex .
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    10D was off yesterday for sure, didn't come up on the car DAB radio at all in what is normally a strong signal area.
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    And it has better content than the boring Stoke mutiplex .

Just a shame it doesn't carry Heart North West as its better coverage than the Manc signal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They dont want you to hear anything thou apart from the Signal brands which I avoid .