What was your first hidden album track?

ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
Forum Member
Mine was English Rose by The Jam on All Mod Cons, and hearing it on that advert (promoting tourism in England I think) made me remember.
I still think it's a beautiful track, but it seemed extra special because it was there on the album but not listed on the sleeve, giving it an almost magical quality (well, I was only young... :) )

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams - Life Thru A Lens

Robbie starts talking about people who said he wouldn't susceed etc..

I was like.... What the ****?

Took a while to work out it was the cd still playing!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was the track on URBAN HYMNS - I played the CD after several beers and fell asleep. Ages later I was woken by the hidden track playing rather loudly...........

I shat myself!
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was English Rose by The Jam on All Mod Cons, and hearing it on that advert (promoting tourism in England I think) made me remember.
    I still think it's a beautiful track, but it seemed extra special because it was there on the album but not listed on the sleeve, giving it an almost magical quality (well, I was only young... :) )

I had that on tape (original not a copy), didn't realise it was hidden! Lovely song, as you say.

That aside, mine was at the end of Adam And The Ants 'Prince Charming' album from 1981. There is a reprise (if that's the right word) of 'Los Rancheros' which originally appeared on their 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier' album.

It's at the end of side two (no(!)) after 'S.E.X'......ooh, how rude......I'm surprised me mum let me buy it......... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was the track on URBAN HYMNS - I played the CD after several beers and fell asleep. Ages later I was woken by the hidden track playing rather loudly...........

I shat myself!

I did a similar thing with Ash's '1977' album........not a song but if you leave it running long enough you can hear the band still in the studio presumably after a drinking session - you can hear them urinating and throwing up, etc.......bit gross but for a moment I thought there was someone in the room with me!
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    I did a similar thing with Ash's '1977' album........not a song but if you leave it running long enough you can hear the band still in the studio presumably after a drinking session - you can hear them urinating and throwing up, etc.......bit gross but for a moment I thought there was someone in the room with me!

Yuk! :eek: That must have been a pretty awful experience. I've gone to sleep with headphones on and woken in a panic when a loud song comes on - nearly gives my husband a heart attack! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuk! :eek:

It's the best song on the album........... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Bad Girls' - Westlife - I left the CD on after the album finished, and I was terrified when a random song suddenly started playing! Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blink 182 - I wanna **** a dog in the ass :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Your House" - Alanis Morrissette
  • StereRoweStereRowe Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason my 'automatic' turntable ( we're talking vinyl here) didn't lift the pick-up after playing Sgt Pepper for the umpteenth time.

I was greeted with backwards shouting at the end of the run-off track.

Of course the run-off track itself famously contains a dog whistle. What a hidden track that is - only pooches can hear it!

StereRowe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Password - Kylie Minogue (Light Years album)
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Blazin' Squad's album lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RJS96 wrote:
    Robbie Williams - Life Thru A Lens

Robbie starts talking about people who said he wouldn't susceed etc..

I was like.... What the ****?

Took a while to work out it was the cd still playing!! :D

Same for me - made me jump like hell! :o:D
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me - made me jump like hell! :o:D

Robbie for me too. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five - 'Inspector Gadget' on the end of Invincible.

Like most people, this scared the ___ out of me! :o
  • cambs1965cambs1965 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original vocal version of Dreamer on the Livin' Joy album.

It's the huge gap they leave that gets on my very last nerve!
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    "Postscript" at the end of "Go West" on Pet Shop Boys "Very" CD (1993) was my first hidden track. I found it by accident having had the album for about a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Endless, Nameless on Nevermind by Nirvana I still haven't worked out why bands put secret tracks on, it's very annoying :mad:
  • Gondolin GirlGondolin Girl Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five - 'Inspector Gadget' on the end of Invincible.

Like most people, this scared the ___ out of me! :o

Haha, me too. :o

I thought the CD player had automatically switched the CD off. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Mine was "Cheerio" at the end of the Boomtown Rats' "Mondo Bongo" album.

I also remember the Adam & The Ants track that Terence mentioned.
  • Dominatrix_BexDominatrix_Bex Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Your House" - Alanis Morrissette

Same here, and Open Letter To The Lyrical Trainspotter on Attack Of The Grey Lantern (Mansun)... I like hidden extra tracks, especially when you don't realise they're there for a while....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    The first hidden track that I remember hearing was 'Blue Flashing Light' at the end of Travis' The Man Who album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Alanis Morrisette's jagged little pill album. I don't know the name of the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    telboy17 wrote:
    Endless, Nameless on Nevermind by Nirvana I still haven't worked out why bands put secret tracks on, it's very annoying :mad:

Nirvana claimed they were being ironic. Hence, if you check out "In Utero", the so-called hidden track ("Gallons of rubber...") is quite clearly indicated in the linear notes as "Devalued American Dollar Purchase Incentive Track".