Junior Apprentice

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calab1 wrote: »
    I'm going for The Sexy Lipstick

Looks to me like she gets a big sale next week and Emma gets pissy about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double B wrote: »
    Oh well, if Tim steps up and loses next week, he's gone.

Maybe. Or he wins and gets off the hook.

Guessing Kirsty or emma as we haven't seen much of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the quick preview clips I suspect Tim does well next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Tim is basically a junior Wotherspoon. Only surprised he hasn't maundered on about only being 18 yet.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The least unlikeable one left is Maths Kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I <3 Arjun!
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    What was with Adam's departure?
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EmmaS wrote: »
    Tim is basically a junior Wotherspoon. Only surprised he hasn't maundered on about only being 18 yet.

you are SPOT ON Emma S!! I was racking my brains for who he reminded me of! Alex did pretty well didn't he...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suspect somewhere between episode 2 and 3, and possibly due to his sickness, he decided he wasn't cut out for it and opted to go home. So they let him go and wished him all the best. It's happened twice before I think, candidate just seems to wake up one day and decide they want to go home.
  • Options
    Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not just being PC but the for eyed Asian kid is by far the best so far, and a nice fella too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been mentioned, ive not read through all the posts. Does anyone know how this series is filmed? The last 3 weeks they have worn the same clothes on the boardroom. Wonder if they film all the tasks first then all the boardrooms together? But that wouldnt explain why they go back to the house every week in the same outfits, without one of the team. Maybe they are just told to wear the same stuff every week.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I <3 Arjun!

Word. Arjun FTW!
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Siralan was getting worried about what people might say about the prog if he was seen to be putting pressure on a young man that had got ill, it doesn't look good for the show. Though I'm sure he did just have an unrelated cold, stress can wear down one's immune system. Sir A has to tread more carefully with this lot due to their age. Think he'd have done the same with any of them unless they had made a concerted effort to conceal their illness and work through it!
  • Options
    Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not just being politically correct but the four eyed Asian kid is great, and a nice fella too
  • Options
    Point17Point17 Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zoe vs emma finale looks like it would be the most interesting.. arjun and kirsty 3rd and 4th and hannah and tim next two out.

he really doenst like tim or hannah haha
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adams departure seemed very odd, one illness surely can't mean he just leaves the show? Perhaps there was something behind the scenes...

To be honest though, Adam didn't really impress me as Project Manager last week. He seemed all over the place and his product was awful. He should never have let that happen.

Rhys deserved to go, he just didn't seem cut out for this sort of thing as this was shown in his failure to properly control his team. However I hated Tim and Hana's attitude towards him, and they should have supported him and help make the task more of a success but instead it seemed as though there seemed to be some sneaky tactics taking place there. Hanna doesn't really seem to have done anything in the series, so think she could be in danger unless she doesn't shape up soon! Tim, in all honesty, has good ideas however doesn't ever seem to want to carry them forward or take control. Will be interesting to see him as project manager next week, see what he is like at properly taking control.

There seems to be alot of tension between Zoe and Emma. Emma seems to have made or attempted to make some VERY bad decisions and I think she should count herself lucky to still be in the competition following last weeks "Cardboard Storage System" fiasco. Zoe continues to come across as a very cold girl and I'm not finding myself warming to her like I warmed to Debra last year. She also seems to have come across as a one trick pony- very good at sellinh an item, but it is clear she struggles with accounts, she struggles to come up with a idea and today she showed that she wasn't thinking of how best to make a profit by not charging for the personizlised cakes.

Kirsty did well in todays task, but my opinion of her went way down as she had the opportunity to try and defend Rhys or at least step in and give him a break instead of constantly undermining him. That wasn't fair and she had the power to stop it. She did do the market research well though and it must have been annoying to have had to carry that of by herself. I was surprised as she didn't seem a natural at selling the item, which is something that I thought she would excel at.

Arjan was good today, seemed to be the only one to talk sense all the time and not come across as totally arrogant.

That's my review- agree? disagree?
  • Options
    Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Kirsty for the win. She carried them three in that task.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, poor Adam, felt a bit sorry for him getting let go over his illness, he was a bit useless, but didn't seem as surly and nasty as most of the others. I'm very surprised there was no health and safety person employed who could've pointed out that perhaps Adam working in the kitchen wasn't the best of ideas. Even if it wasn't a spreadable illness, just the idea of people watching this show who bought those cupcakes.... it's a bit dodgy.

And, once again, Zoe proves how completely unlikable she is, from beginning to end.

It's what I really dislike about the people, in every Apprentice series, who think they're good at selling - and thus think they're better than everyone else. It's like they think, because they did the selling, upfront, that's more important than any of the working out/decision making beforehand, done by everyone else - even if they, like Zoe, took no part in that. But of course, she's also more than happy to take credit for things she didn't do. She and the kid with the glasses worked out the pricings, she and the kid with the glasses worked out that the other two's 800 cakes idea was ridiculous -- um, no, it was just the kid with the glasses who told you those things, actually. (I'm sorry, what's his name? :o )

Her 'no sympathy' policy for Adam was just ridiculous, and a very bad work ethic. In business, who would want to work for someone like that? It's one of those pushy, no sympathy work mindsets that's just stressful and unhappy to work around. Surely anyone could see that Adam was genuinely ill - if I were her I would have quietly asked whatever the name of the new woman who looks after the team is, whether she thought it was okay for him to still be working, and if not, could he rest and let that be taken into account for the rest of the team in the boardroom.

Anyway, other than the kid with the glasses, I think there is literally no nice person left on this show, they're all either surly or outright nasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adams departure seemed very odd, one illness surely can't mean he just leaves the show? Perhaps there was something behind the scenes...

There was more to it for sure. It wasn't just an illness thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Heba Haba wrote: »
    Adam :(

No one cute left.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. :'(

His brace-chapped lips made my weeks bearable.
  • Options
    Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was more to it for sure. It wasn't just an illness thing.

He was either really homesick or Zoe just really really got on his nerves and he couldnt take it anymore.
  • Options
    Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EmmaS wrote: »

But most definitely without the looks!

Happy Rhys went, sad about Adam but that's the best way to go I suppose.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim played the "I'll be PM next task" card and was saved, Goodness knows why. He's shirked responsibility from day one.

He and Hannah made Rhys' life as difficult as possible.

I'm still shellshocked by tonight's result.

Zoe is growing on me :eek: So glad she and Arjun avoided the sort of mistake so many Apprentice candidates in the past have made of making too much product to sell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Adam gone? He isn't blacked out on the BBC Junior Apprentice site, but Rhys is.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not just being politically correct but the four eyed Asian kid is great, and a nice fella too

What's politically correct about that?!

I think he's excellent. I feared he might be too geeky with limited skills, but I find him to be personable and he has plenty of common sense.

He and Zoe are my top two at the moment. Which means neither of them will win of course!