• posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love_able wrote: »
    http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/world-class/2013-selection-policies/

IAAF World Championships, Moscow 2013
    Selection Policy (June 2013)
    Overview

The aim of UKA’s programme, through to the home London World Championships in 2017, is to win medals. Therefore the selectors will only select athletes who, in their opinion, meet the following criteria:

- A realistic chance of making the final in Moscow (top eight)

- Potential future finalists holding a UKA “A” or “B” Standard (only athletes who have not previously competed in an individual event at the Olympic Games or World Championships will be selected under this criterion).
    The winner(1) of the Trials(2) will be automatically selected for the same event at the World Championships provided that they hold a valid UKA “A” Standard in that event which they achieved between the start of the UKA Qualification Period and the date of the Trials(3).

(1) Only athletes eligible to compete for GB&NI at the World Championships will be counted when assessing who finished first at the Trials. If our World Champions Mo Farah (5000m) and Dai Greene (400m Hurdles) or 2012 Diamond League winner Robbie Grabarz (High Jump) win their relevant Trials event then the next placed eligible athlete will be automatically selected (because Mo, Dai and Robbie will be pre-selected subject to showing form and fitness).

(2) The two Trials events will be the 2013 British Athletics Championships and the 2013 Virgin London Marathon. There will not be a Trials event for the combined events or walks.

(3) For the avoidance of doubt the winner of the Trials will not be automatically selected if they achieve their first valid UKA “A” Standard after the Trials.

The remainder of the team will be picked in two selection meetings: Marathon runners will be selected on Monday 22 April 2013 and the rest of the team will be selected on Monday 15, July 2013. The teams will be announced on Tuesday 23 April 2013 and Tuesday 16 July 2013 respectively.

Requirements
    Athletes must be eligible to compete for GB&NI to be considered for selection.

Athletes selected for the 2013 European U23 and 2013 European U20 Championships are not required to compete at the World Championships Trials. All other athletes must compete at the Trials in the event that they wish to compete in at the World Championships. Permission to do otherwise must be gained in advance from the Performance Director (and will only be granted in exceptional circumstances).

All selected athletes must attend the UKA holding camp for a minimum of eight days. Permission to do otherwise must be gained in advance from the Performance Director (and will only be granted in exceptional.

The UK athletics selection process for Moscow.

Yep, so 1 and 2 at the trials get selected, as long as they have the A standard. I suppose it's the last bit that differs from the Jamaican sprints, as we rarely have more than a couple of people with the A standard, so the other selection criteria come into play.

Copy/Paste doesn't prove your point. Having half a dozen people with the A standard is not a result of the selection system.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember that relay where he wiped out a US sprinter last year with his bulk lol.

Does anyone have a YouTube of it? Tried and couldn't find anything.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Maybe the Canadians lodged a complaint against both the British and Americans and are currently trying to find something illegal which the Jamaicans have done. :D

Excellent. :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful comments from Cram and Jackson. "Let's hope the judges didn't see that". Never again shall they be referred to as athletics fans. Should be sacked immediately.

The biggest laugh being that they're saying that while doing their best to ensure that the judges do see it.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the BBC hadn't kept banging on about the GB team running out of the handover box, nobody would have probably noticed. Now all the other broadcasters can tell the other teams the BBC spotted it.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    I wonder if Bolt will compete in Glasgow next year?

He says he's considering it.

He should because it's about the only medal he hasn't won.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest laugh being that they're saying that while doing their best to ensure that the judges do see it.

exactly :D They are well aware that everyone else has access to the footage they do. I don't think it should be taken so seriously tbh. It's not like they are seriously trying to cover it up or anything....:D
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is no one mentioning gatlin who ran out of his lane on the final changeover??
  • abannieabannie Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the VT's close ups are too close!
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    ff999 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a YouTube of it? Tried and couldn't find anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSI1eR3jTvs
  • Edward_SloleyEdward_Sloley Posts: 10,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By all rights GB should be DQed, but at the same time it's a real shame because 37.80 is their fastest since 1999.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 54,007
    Forum Member
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Why is no one mentioning gatlin who ran out of his lane on the final changeover??

Apparently its ok because no one got impeded?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    which brings us back to the reason why comparing the US to GB isn't a good point of comparison. It's nice to know that deep down you actually do agree with me on this one, even if you don't seem to realise it yourself.....:)

Stop, just Stop! your being ignorant. What part of me mentioned that the size of the nation is the problem?

I said the selection process is the problem and it needs to be changed.

The reason it needs to be changed is so that our domestic athletes, have a better hungry and drive to compete with the best in the world and maybe coming 1st for a change.

Not thinking just being a finalist is acceptable.
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to get away with the Bronze medal if that means cheating
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the BBC hadn't kept banging on about the GB team running out of the handover box, nobody would have probably noticed. Now all the other broadcasters can tell the other teams the BBC spotted it.

That's slightly ridiculous. Every nation dissects these races in quite some detail, especially the relays where these things happen a lot.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    USA keep their medal in the women's 4x100, no medal for GB.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    I suppose it's difficult to claim he impeded Bolt too much :)
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From all the cheating and doping going on in athletics, I think it is right for the BBC and the commentators to point something out is wrong if we are to maintain the integrity of the British in athletics.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    'review currently taking place' #mensrelay
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member

its my moment of this world championships :D
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    I don't want to get away with the Bronze medal if that means cheating
    Wouldn't that be ironic in a team with Chambers!
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    USA keep their medal in the women's 4x100, no medal for GB.

What was the query from the ladies GB team?
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like no protest yet if they are still celebrating.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    What was the query from the ladies GB team?

Same as the GB men, handover possibly outside the changeover box.
This discussion has been closed.