100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    From Crazy Days & Nights:

Old Hollywood Blind Item

Throughout their careers, these two A++ singers, one male and one female, hated each other and for good reason. Back when they were on the brink of fame in the 1930's, he tried to hook up with her with disastrous results. After dinner and seeing a show at a nightclub, the married crooner parked his car in the local lover's lane and went in for the kill. He was one step close to sexually assaulting her, after he unsnapped the back of her bra and exposed himself to her. She did the one thing she could... slap him so hard she left a mark on his face. She slammed the car door shut and yelled at him "I'm not going to be one of those cheap floozies you f**k around with! Your wife will love it that you put the move on a black girl!" Apparently the wife did find out and turned a blind eye like with the rest of his dalliances. The diva was still married (with two kids) to her first husband, but was then separated from him after he went on one too many trips to the bar.

Flash forward several years and they're both working at the same movie studio... and on the same movie: An all-star musical extravaganza which they both sang a few numbers in. When the diva first found out that she was going to co-star with the movie with him, she begged the producer to take her off the film not explaining why. Enter the very good female friend of both singers (who also appears in the film), another A++ legend, who told the diva to suck it up and ask if she could shoot around her foe. During the filming of this movie, the diva was scheduled to sing at a charity concert with many performers from this film, but she found out she was going to be on the bill with with her, she called up her friend to fill in for her and explain to her why she couldn't go on. When friend #1 died a few decades later, she moved her seat at the memorial service so she wouldn't go near her arch enemy.

It is also worth noting that the crooner married another good friend of the diva, an A/B- list actress and was hammered with phone calls every time he laid a hand on her.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    That's really not true. He, being the professional he is, thought his voice/tone was wrong for Paddington and gracefully bowed out to let someone more appropriate take the role. He's currently doing promo for a movie and is looking great and, in very recent interviews, is in top form. He also has a busy year ahead of him, project-wise. Very much doubt it's him.

I'm wondering if someone heard that he'd pulled out and made up a reason why.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

#2: From Crazy Days & Nights:

The dad of this A list entertainer (singer) lost about $500K on a huge bet he made on the Belmont Stakes. Now his daughter has to cover the loss. It is becoming a habit, but she never says no.

She never says no? She Should've Said No....
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just amazed at how Ent Lawyer always gets access to everyone's private medical records and dire personal illnesses before 'anyone else knows'. To the point where he's in their heads writing about what they're deciding on doing...

It's truly a gift.

:P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I'm just amazed at how Ent Lawyer always gets access to everyone's private medical records and dire personal illnesses before 'anyone else knows'. To the point where he's in their heads writing about what they're deciding on doing...

It's truly a gift.

psst he's an alien
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »

It's truly a gift.

It's astonishing isn't it, like you say a true gift.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Crazy Days & Nights:

Old Hollywood Blind Item

Throughout their careers, these two A++ singers, one male and one female, hated each other and for good reason. Back when they were on the brink of fame in the 1930's, he tried to hook up with her with disastrous results. After dinner and seeing a show at a nightclub, the married crooner parked his car in the local lover's lane and went in for the kill. He was one step close to sexually assaulting her, after he unsnapped the back of her bra and exposed himself to her. She did the one thing she could... slap him so hard she left a mark on his face. She slammed the car door shut and yelled at him "I'm not going to be one of those cheap floozies you f**k around with! Your wife will love it that you put the move on a black girl!" Apparently the wife did find out and turned a blind eye like with the rest of his dalliances. The diva was still married (with two kids) to her first husband, but was then separated from him after he went on one too many trips to the bar.

Flash forward several years and they're both working at the same movie studio... and on the same movie: An all-star musical extravaganza which they both sang a few numbers in. When the diva first found out that she was going to co-star with the movie with him, she begged the producer to take her off the film not explaining why. Enter the very good female friend of both singers (who also appears in the film), another A++ legend, who told the diva to suck it up and ask if she could shoot around her foe. During the filming of this movie, the diva was scheduled to sing at a charity concert with many performers from this film, but she found out she was going to be on the bill with with her, she called up her friend to fill in for her and explain to her why she couldn't go on. When friend #1 died a few decades later, she moved her seat at the memorial service so she wouldn't go near her arch enemy.

It is also worth noting that the crooner married another good friend of the diva, an A/B- list actress and was hammered with phone calls every time he laid a hand on her.

What a bizarre blind. Surely all concerned would be pushing daisies by now, so why the need for secrecy?:confused:
    Forum Member
    What a bizarre blind. Surely all concerned would be pushing daisies by now, so why the need for secrecy?:confused:

I guess families can still sue. It is America. I'm assuming the guy in question would be Ol' Blue Eyes?
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess families can still sue. It is America. I'm assuming the guy in question would be Ol' Blue Eyes?

I'm not convinced Ol Blue Eyes fits here though. If we could work out who the black singer who gave a slap was it would be easier.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

He didn't get married until 1939 though, so that's pushing it a bit.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    The black singer could be the Stormy Weather star. She was married in 1937, had two kids, then divorced and then remarried.
    Appeared in Till the Clouds Roll By which was an all star extravaganza ( No other black females had any prominent roles in the film). Was made in 1945/1946.
    Old Blue Eyes was In the film as well.
  • tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    The black singer could be the Stormy Weather star. She was married in 1937, had two kids, then divorced and then remarried.
    Appeared in Till the Clouds Roll By which was an all star extravaganza ( No other black females had any prominent roles in the film). Was made in 1945/1946.
    Old Blue Eyes was In the film as well.

Excellent call, basdfg. I think you've nailed this. I reckon the friend is Dorothy Gale.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep. He had form for being violent so I think he fits
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    tigerowl wrote: »
    Excellent call, basdfg. I think you've nailed this. I reckon the friend is Dorothy Gale.
    Yeah. She was the first of the female stars of till the clouds Roll by to die( None of the other females stars died until the 1990's and she was the only AA+ female legend in the film)
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first thoughts were of the lady who was famous for having a lot of fruit on top of her head but then I did veer towards Stormy Weather lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first thoughts were of the lady who was famous for having a lot of fruit on top of her head but then I did veer towards Stormy Weather lady.

I thought fruity lady was a man in drag?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought fruity lady was a man in drag?

The Brazillian Bombshell? Noooo, all woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Brazillian Bombshell? Noooo, all woman.

Are you referring to lady who's last name is Orlando blooms ex?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you referring to lady who's last name is Orlando blooms ex?

I am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. He had form for being violent so I think he fits

But not racism so I'm not sure the thing about his wife being mad about him putting the moves on a black woman fits.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced Ol Blue Eyes fits here though. If we could work out who the black singer who gave a slap was it would be easier.
    "Carmen Jones"?
    Forum Member
    tigerowl wrote: »

Yep. Nicely done. The friend fits as well.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Blind Gossip:

1. If business-arrangement couples can sell a 'real couple' image to the public, the couple becomes worth more than each celeb would be worth individually. Of course, that value goes up even more if they can take the PR relationship all the way to marriage and children.

We have told you MANY times before that this high-profile marriage is just a business arrangement. We have also told you that this business arrangement will wind down after their current project is finished. Well, it’s almost over!

They are splitting up everything (properties, money, child/ren) right now, but will be keeping up appearances until the announcement. They are separating this year, with the divorce to follow in about six months. It will be very clean and very fast. In fact, the parties involved are describing the timeline as 'Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes fast.'.

2. So obvious who this is, but for the record i still don't believe this blind can be true.

We have told you before that these two pop stars are in a same sex relationship. Well, there has been a shocking development! Pop Star 2 was so afraid that she was about to be outed…..that she suddenly married a guy she met only a few weeks ago! Yes, that’s how desperate she is to stay in the closet.

Their claims that he was 'her secret boyfriend' and that they are each the other’s 'soul mates' are completely laughable. The two of them barely know each other. Whatever. At least if her new man ever needs tips on how to be in a bearded marriage, her ex is just a phone call away!

Pop Star 1:
    Pop Star 2:
    Pop Star 2′s Ex:
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    From Blind Gossip:

1. If business-arrangement couples can sell a 'real couple' image to the public, the couple becomes worth more than each celeb would be worth individually. Of course, that value goes up even more if they can take the PR relationship all the way to marriage and children.

We have told you MANY times before that this high-profile marriage is just a business arrangement. We have also told you that this business arrangement will wind down after their current project is finished. Well, it’s almost over!

They are splitting up everything (properties, money, child/ren) right now, but will be keeping up appearances until the announcement. They are separating this year, with the divorce to follow in about six months. It will be very clean and very fast. In fact, the parties involved are describing the timeline as 'Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes fast.'.

2. So obvious who this is, but for the record i still don't believe this blind can be true.

We have told you before that these two pop stars are in a same sex relationship. Well, there has been a shocking development! Pop Star 2 was so afraid that she was about to be outed…..that she suddenly married a guy she met only a few weeks ago! Yes, that’s how desperate she is to stay in the closet.

Their claims that he was 'her secret boyfriend' and that they are each the other’s 'soul mates' are completely laughable. The two of them barely know each other. Whatever. At least if her new man ever needs tips on how to be in a bearded marriage, her ex is just a phone call away!

Pop Star 1:
    Pop Star 2:
    Pop Star 2′s Ex:

1. At first I thought Sasha and husband, but they have just the one child don't they? What about the Fresh Prince, Scientology couple? That would fit.

2. So obvious! I wonder if her secret lover is the very pale one, and not the pregnant one.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    1. At first I thought Sasha and husband, but they have just the one child don't they?

That's who I thought to and it says 'child/ren', so it's not specifying whether or not they have more than one child. Their marriage has always seemed like an arrangement to me...
This discussion has been closed.