Frozen - No where to be seen on Sky

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
Forum Member
I think I am going mad... Few months ago you could rent Frozen. Now it's no where to be seen. Does anyone know why?

Comments

• DenonDaveDenonDave Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    LewisB wrote: »
    I think I am going mad... Few months ago you could rent Frozen. Now it's no where to be seen. Does anyone know why?

Thawed out?
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure on this but i think Netflix have the premier rights, Sky had the ppv rights to it.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I'm not sure on this but i think Netflix have the premier rights, Sky had the ppv rights to it.

Nope, Disney and Sky have a partnership, hence Sky Movies Disney -

Simple answer for the OP, the PPV rights for rental have expired, the rights will now be with Sky Movies, however I guess they are saving it for Christmas Premieres
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People suddenly woke up and realised the film isn't actually that good?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buy the dvd
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    People suddenly woke up and realised the film isn't actually that good?

Guess you dont have kids then;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do, but he's two years old and already saw through the plot holes and sexism.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the most rubbish film that come out this year.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »

Hopefully beauty and the beast too :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've commented that since the introduction of Rent and Buy & Keep movies seem to spend less time being available on Sky Movies.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I do, but he's two years old and already saw through the plot holes and sexism.

Its a kids movie!
    Its the most rubbish film that come out this year.

In your opinion.

Making almost 1.3 billion at the cinema aint a bad thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For one I was joking, and secondly - yes it has done incredibly well. And the music is great.

I actually quite enjoyed the film, but it wasn't fantastic film by any means. Typical Disney though.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    DenonDave wrote: »
    Thawed out?

You win the internet! :D
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I've commented that since the introduction of Rent and Buy & Keep movies seem to spend less time being available on Sky Movies.

The Sky Movies window is still 12 months minimum.

The Buy and Keep can be much longer and run simultaneously with other broadcast windows.

e.g. Philomena premiered this month and Sky Movies' rights end September 3rd 2015. As it's a BBC film I expect they'll get it then.

The Buy & Keep version is available until March 2017.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My university's Disney Society was showing this on Tuesday night. The lecture hall they used to show it in was packed! People were sitting on the stairs because there weren't enough seats. Shows it's not just kids who like it then :D They also gave us free icepops to keep with the frozen theme :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best films for children are those that can be enjoyed by adults too. Disney & Pixar are always spot on with this.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenonDave wrote: »
    Thawed out?
    Very good. :)
  • The Great 208The Great 208 Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just Let it Go...
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best films for children are those that can be enjoyed by adults too. Disney & Pixar are always spot on with this.

Toy Story was a lot better then Frozen in my view ;-)
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume both this and Captain America: Winters Soldier are being lined up by Sky to be Christmas premiers. It matches last Christmas pattern of Wreck It Ralph/ Iron Man 3.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    I presume both this and Captain America: Winters Soldier are being lined up by Sky to be Christmas premiers. It matches last Christmas pattern of Wreck It Ralph/ Iron Man 3.
    I doubt it. I don't even think the 1st film appeared on Sky Movies? But it appeared on Netflix so I suspect they have the 1st rights?
  • GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    The first Captain America definitely was shown on Sky Movies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it. I don't even think the 1st film appeared on Sky Movies? But it appeared on Netflix so I suspect they have the 1st rights?

All Disney films first rights are with Sky Movies (which includes Marvel and LucasFilm)