Olly Murs - i want more recognition

13»

Comments

• CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how very original a comment to make. I'm just saying he needs to be given a break and there's nothing wrong with that.

Celebrities do have PR people and family/friends trolling forums like this ready to leap to their defence. It's a perfectly logical assumption.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Credibility and popularity don't automatically go hand in hand. Olly should be grateful for the blanket airplay he receives because the radio stations lap up his catchy ditties. I don't remember reading any critically acclaimed album reviews.

If he sees X factor as holding him back then he knows what to do, distance himself from the show and take time out to produce a credible album, instead of merely being interested in in sales and fame.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never been enamoured with Olly's cheeky chappie persona.

If he wants to be more respected he needs to take more creative control over his career & be less of a puppet.
    He is currently hot, but this is mainly down to the support he is getting from songwriters and powerful radio people.

I think Olly wont be around in 5 yrs time. Despite the comparisons he is no Will Young.
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeez, the full interview is even worse. No way you can explain this away by being misquoted. His ambition knows no bounds. Does he not realise his music and singing ability don't live up to his need for fame and success?

http://fabulousmag.co.uk/2013/06/16/olly-murs-i-dont-get-enough-credit/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    At least he recognises he can't sing ;)

From the article in fabulousmag linked above.

Olly wants more recognition because he is not the best singer and dancer. I'm waiting for the first footballer who wants recognition for not scoring goals.

Olly, next time think first, speak then.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs is probably the only X Factor contestant's music I actually listen to but this makes him sound really arrogant and if he didn't audition for X Factor no one would've even heard of him.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly wants more recognition because he is not the best singer and dancer. I'm waiting for the first footballer who wants recognition for not scoring goals.

Olly, next time think first, speak then.

Olly is extremely lucky to be where he is and needs to appreciate what hes got as it wont last.

Without Cowell's & the radio stations support, which he's had in bucketloads, he would sink back into obscurity pretty sharpish.

I dont go with his "Ive had 3 successful albums, I should be regarded as more credible" schtick. 1D have had 2 very successful albums, but hey, no ones calling them out for credibility as its pretty obvious theyre Syco puppets.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a489993/olly-murs-id-get-more-recognition-if-i-didnt-come-from-x-factor.html

Flipping heck must he keep harping on about this. There's people who say he was misquoted...not in several magazines.
    :(

No 1 albums, No 1 airplay, No 1 singles
    US Success

How much success does his little egotistical head want!

Olly can be hit and miss! PJ was a good moment. this was not!

Troublemaker.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The full article is even worse. Give him enough rope ....:p
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Olly was created from[...]nfluence by an egotistical maniac

Is that referring to his duet on The X Factor and subsequent friendship with a certain Mr Williams? :p