Decent Android media-player app?

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
I've taken to listening to audio books on my phone while I'm out walking the dogs.

I'm currently using the media-player app' that came with the phone.
Trouble is, it uses a simple slider-bar to set the position where the playback starts and when you've got an audio-book that's 10 hours long it means moving the slider a couple of mm moves the book on by half an hour.

Anybody know of a decent Android media-player app' which uses something like, perhaps, a jog-dial to set playback position so that I can fast-forward and rewind an audio-book accurately?

Comments

• cutty sarkcutty sark Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Better off getting on of the e-book apps which would save the place.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't listen to audio books, but have found this one on the Play Store (don't know if it's the kind of thing you are looking for)?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ak.alizandro.smartaudiobookplayer
  • Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I've got that one, haven't used it for a while as it was on my tablet which I no longer use, but it was ok if I recall.
    Sorry, can't be more helpful than that. :(
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audio player apps will generally be designed for stuff that's 5 minutes long or shorter, which is unlikely to be a good fit for your audio book. You may have better joy with a video player app that can also play audio - VLC or MX Player, for instance. The main advantages they have are resume facility - pick up where you left off - and the ability to swipe left and right on the screen to make small (+/- a few seconds or minutes) adjustments to the playing position.

MX Player definitely supports continued audio play with the screen off; I can't remember if VLC does or not.
  • BurfordBurford Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I use Rocket Player for audio books. It saves your place and auto starts from that place when earphones plugged in.