Options

It's a swing - and a miss!

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Just catching up on this years show so I'm a little behind but still....

Was watching the episode about wearable tech' and it amazes me how often the teams very nearly come up with a good idea, only to go on to cock it up completely.

At one point somebody mentioned "tracksuit pants with lights down the legs" but then went on to mutter something about how they could change colour depending on how hard you were exercising or flash with your heartbeat etc.

Noooooo!!!!!

Surely, all it would have taken would have been for somebody to modify that idea slightly to come up with a range of clothing that was fitted with lights simply so that joggers or bicyclists could make themselves more easily seen in the dark?

For added gimmickry, they could make it so it was linked to a phone app' which allowed you to twiddle the colours, brightness or make the lights flash but the basic idea of strips of LEDs built into clothing to aid visibility seems like a good idea to me.

Always enjoy it when they almost come up with something good but then go on to drop the ball spectacularly. :D

Comments

• Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Already done, featured on this series of Dragon's Den, before the scheduled break in series.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Already done, featured on this series of Dragon's Den, before the scheduled break in series.

If it was featured on the current series of Dragons' Den, you can't expect the candidates to know about it. This series was presumably filmed before that was broadcast.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    No but I assume they would be told "no", it's already an idea etc. And wasn't it shown in like January time or so and filming was later for the apprentice.