Help! Anybody remember this game?

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
It was, basically, an arcade-style helicopter sim' with a sort of "Blade Runner" feel to it.

It's set in the future and there's a bunch of cities (on Mars, perhaps?) which are enclosed in domes.
You're supposed to be a cop flying some kind of beaten-up attack-helicopter-thing (which had thrusters rather than rotors) an you get given missions such as "protect a convoy" or "locate and destroy bandits" and you then fly around the cities, inside the domes, shooting up stuff to achieve the objectives.

I vaguely recall that there was also some subplot involving the idea that the cities were run by big corporations and some of them were good and some were bad and there was also (possibly) something about your brother being killed and that's why you'd signed up; to find out how he died and bring his killers to justice.

IIRC, it came out in the late 1990s or maybe early 2000s. I seem to recall that it was originally intended for DOS although the version I had came bundled with a GFX card and it'd been bodged to work with W95 and that caused some bugs.

Anybody remember what this might have been?

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G Police?

Set on a moon of Jupiter and it was his sister that was killed.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    G Police?

Set on a moon of Jupiter and it was his sister that was killed.

That was it. Thanks. :)

Was watching some Youtube vid's of mod's for KSP and one of them was for a sort of rotorless-helicopter and it reminded me of the G-Police Havoc.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1997! It was a good game but got really hard if I remember. I think I liked the music too.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    1997! It was a good game but got really hard if I remember. I think I liked the music too.

I remember playing G-police on my psone! 😎 ... Fantastic game iirc! 👍