How Not To Live Your Life (New BBC3 Comedy)

dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This starts tomorrow (tonight?) at 10.20pm on BBC3. I'm quite looking forward to it, it seems to have potential to be amusing based on what I've seen from the promo they keep showing. If it can capture some of that cheeky immaturity that made The Inbetweeners so good, I'll be very pleased :)

(I accept that some people will come here and say it looks dreadful and that The Inbetweeners was crap!)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads up. In the planner.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible. I certainly think there's promise for it although the 'x number of things in situation x' kinda felt a bit like it was nicked from Scrubs' fantasy gimmick. However, it's not fair to say that no other show should ever be able to do that same thing and it least it wasn't a totally blatant rip-off. The main guy is quite funny and the girl who's moving in with him is rather fit. I imagine there's probably going to be some funny stuff coming up between Don and the boyfriend and that the show will revolve around him trying to get with that girl. I'll watch next week, definitely.
  • spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It outstayed its welcome when the format was restricted to 30-second clips on Paramount. Dan Clark is horrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Its got Sinead Moynihan in it. Which makes it great :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its pretty good
  • richy23richy23 Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    clydefrog wrote: »
    Its got Sinead Moynihan in it. Which makes it great :)

That name rings a bell...
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    It's beth in hollyoaks
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked it. Might grow to love it. The premise is absolutely classic comedy gold.
  • lemon-squeezylemon-squeezy Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tonights episode was very funny with the school camping trip. loved it.
  • Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was hilarious - finally a programme on BBC Three I actually like.

Well, except Family Guy that is.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'm still undecided about this - it has the potential to be a really good show, but it just hasn't quite managed to make me laugh out loud yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It outstayed its welcome when the format was restricted to 30-second clips on Paramount. Dan Clark is horrible.

Couldnt agree more. Terrible...
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I'm watching this at the moment - it's being repeated on BBC3 late at night.

It's quite funny, I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really funny

for bbc3 standards its legendary lol
  • werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Going to watch this again now. Missed a few episodes when it was on BBC3. I'm similar to the earlier poster, some episodes were very funny, others not so funny. Give it a try, I enjoyed it on the whole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    A new series of this should come to BBC3 in August/September, i imagine it'll be after these repeats have been aired.
    For a BBC3 sitcom this is pretty good, though it hasn't got much competition. But do stick with it as it gets better as the series progresses.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've really been enjoying this. It's got better with each episode.
    I like the style. Half traditional sitcom, interspersed with his thoughts.

Sinead Moynihan ain't bad to look at either ;) At first her dour Manchester accent irked but now i'm warming to her.

Similar to Liz White in Life On Mars. Her dour Yorkshire accent had the same effect.
    Same with that woman who seems to do loads of voice overs. BBC iPlayer, and that "give blud" ad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Watched the series a couple of times on BBC HD and I find it laugh-out-loud hilarious, which is rare for me these days. Dan Clark makes me laugh just by looking at his facial expressions and he is so politically incorrect that it makes a great change. There were a couple of hit and miss episodes though, the one with Carl's dad as his boss was the weakest but overall, very good and a series 2 on the way apparently.

Gae41
    Forum Member
    I liked the one when he was trying to fit it with the youngsters.

I remember a joke, I think from Jason Manford.
    When I was young I used to go to a club and the first thing I did was look for the good looking women.
    Now, I go to a club and the first thing I do is look for a seat.

:D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I started a thread about this somewhere!

Just discovered it a few weeks ago and I'm hooked, still haven't seen the first two episodes though. The first one I saw was when he started hanging around with people younger than him, and realised he wasn't as 'hip' as he thought.

I'm sure it's based on me.

All in all, really funny. David Armand's very underrated too IMO.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this on BBC3 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny and quirky. Plus Sinead Moynihan is really cute.:)

Delighted to read above that there's going to be a second series.
    Forum Member
    Shame that it was the last episode the other night. I really enjoyed the whole series.

Apparenty it is due back in the autumn.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    I hope the second series is out soon....i bloody loved it
    Forum Member
    Just a note

The series is being repeated starting at:
    How Not to Live Your Life
    Monday 31 August 11:10pm BBC3
    Forum Member
    Saw a trailer on BBC3 last night for series 2.