2013 BDO Darts Thread

Comments

• neel radianeel radia Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i read it in an article a few years ago.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Darren - give it a rest will you. You moaned about my perceived negativity, yet all you seem to be doing is jumping on people for simply stating an opinion.

Just because Wolfie was nice once, doesn't mean he is incapable of being a complete melt on other occasions.
    neel radia wrote: »
    Exactly its like he is the only allowed to have an opion
    Wrong. I am asking Neel, who you have defended a couple
    Of times today, where he got this story from. How is that attacking somebody ? DS rules state that comments have to be substantiated. He/She isn't. Merely stating points but not able to back them up.

I will ask again - where did Barney say Adams told his kid to eff off and how did he make his life hell ?

That isn't criticising somebody's opinion it is asking him/her to validate their point

Darren, why are you always so brusque and pompous with your comments/replies?

It's a forum not an act of parliament.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    2-2 in the Mitchell vs Barilli match. Quality again hasn't been great, Mitchell has been too focused on trying to disrupt Barilli's fast pace rather than playing his own game.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do so many players like to go for double top? Is it easier? :confused:
  • AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wade goes for it in order to miss and hit his favourite double 10 ;)
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    looks likes mark has blown his chance, disappointing after getting back into and taking the lead
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong. I am asking Neel, who you have defended a couple
    Of times today, where he got this story from. How is that attacking somebody ? DS rules state that comments have to be substantiated. He/She isn't. Merely stating points but not able to back them up.

I will ask again - where did Barney say Adams told his kid to eff off and how did he make his life hell ?

That isn't criticising somebody's opinion it is asking him/her to validate their point

Let's flip it round then. You say Wolfie is a nice guy because he was friendly with the fans when you met him.

How do you suggest you prove that is true?

(For clarity, I do believe you have met him - why would you lie - but the point stands that you probably can't really prove this to others on an internet forum)
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    That was very strong emotion there
  • sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need to calm down and watch the Darts. This forum and thrad in particular has been really good and enhanced the coverage in my opinion but we all need to calm down.

Anyway I am really enjoying this years Lakeside, yes the standard isn't as good as the PDC but most matches have been very entertaining bar one this afternoon and one yesterday afternoon. I think it will be between O'Shea, Bunting and Waites, roll on the rest of the week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Why do so many players like to go for double top? Is it easier? :confused:

I would imagine it is easier, although as someone whose darts experience is no more than a few games for a laugh in a pub or a mates garage when I was 16, I can't be sure if there is any science in this theory.

I suppose as the highest double (other than bull, or double 25 if you like), it's easier to get down to 40, but that's clutching at straws really.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    That was very strong emotion there
    Needs a Scottie tissue ;)
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think one of the other main reasons for going for tops is it splits 3 times as well so you should have 3 darts at a double (double top, double 10, double 5)

Same reason double 16 is popular (32,16,8,4,2)
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    I think one of the other main reasons for going for tops is it splits 3 times as well so you should have 3 darts at a double (double top, double 10, double 5)

Same reason double 16 is popular (32,16,8,4,2)

Yeah that's definitely the reason. Funny really how someone like PT will go for D16, out of habit as much as anything, with the split 5 time theory....'cos at his highest level if you take 5 darts at a double you'll lose the leg more often than not!
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Let's flip it round then. You say Wolfie is a nice guy because he was friendly with the fans when you met him.

How do you suggest you prove that is true?

(For clarity, I do believe you have met him - why would you lie - but the point stands that you probably can't really prove this to others on an internet forum)

I have a few interviews with him on digital spy you can listen to. Many of the darts post regulars have.

I don't like slanderous comments which people post without them backing them up. I don't want to see DS go the way of many other darting forums with allegation and mid slinging the order of the day rather than fact. I'm funny like that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Needs a Scottie tissue ;)

Very good
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Tony O'Shea win over one of the young'ens.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neel radia wrote: »
    and he told a kid to f*** off

No need for that.
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few interviews with him on digital spy you can listen to. Many of the darts post regulars have.

I don't like slanderous comments which people post without them backing them up. I don't want to see DS go the way of many other darting forums with allegation and mid slinging the order of the day rather than fact. I'm funny like that

You don't really need to back up a nice opinion with total proof do you? But if you're accusing them of something horrid and shameful it does do to back it up. No one ever sued a paper/forum who said incorrect nice things! I loathe the other darts forums. I really like this one
  • neel radianeel radia Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would love to love o shea winning it too feel time is running out for him .
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's who we're going for too. He seems a top chap and he's a great player, a good ambassador for the game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Bunting will take some beating after watching him today. That said, we need to see how Scott Waites plays tomorrow.

And I will throw a curveball into the arena. Tony Eccles. I fancy him to do well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of criticism for simply stating my preferences, I really can't warm to a lot of the bigger or more established names such as Green, Waites, O'Shea, Fitton and Bunting. In fairness, I can't really put my finger on why, I just don't see an appeal.

I do tend to find myself enjoying some of the younger Dutch lads, but I suppose it does seem odd to support a Dutch guy over the English.

One guy I do like - and I don't know why I don't pigeonhole him with the above -is Alan Norris. I think I'd like him to win, although I don't think he is likely to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon Prins wins 2-1. So two of the 4 ladies seeds beaten
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the matches in this have been very poor standard. I take it PDC darts is way above BDO? I thought the Worlds PDC was amazing standard mostly throughout, this far from it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Beaton commentating on Eurosport International