REVEALED! The song choices for The Great British Songbook week

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tamera trying new ways to use her voice? Ballads for the last five weeks doesn't sound very adventurous to me. Sounds like a fishwife? What even? I get what you mean about her accent sometimes - especially on Enough is Enough, but I don't have a problem with accents. It's the really weird "wagh" noise. Like the tone that is made when Tamera does that. It's just odd, that's all.

I'm just as pissed off with all the bloody ballads! I am guessing Tamera is just as annoyed. I said somewhere else that you can see she enjoys the group songs and enjoyed week one with the dancers but she has been sent out to compete with one iconic number after another. Having said that she has approached each song with a change in style. Her take on Cry me a River was standout, I thought. As has been said before I think, she is only 16! Her tone was smooth, she had the big band at full tilt, she owned the stage and at no point did she hesitate with the delivery. Only Sam B in this competition could have matched her, but of course she does have 20 years on Tamera!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera trying new ways to use her voice? Ballads for the last five weeks doesn't sound very adventurous to me. Sounds like a fishwife? What even? I get what you mean about her accent sometimes - especially on Enough is Enough, but I don't have a problem with accents. It's the really weird "wagh" noise. Like the tone that is made when Tamera does that. It's just odd, that's all.

You always have an issue with Tamera. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post! You must have been born with ears.

I notice 'The Gang' are now posting more false accusations in posts that I have said things when I didn't. - Bless!

They seems no reality in their world at all.

Oh well...........

I'm glad you looked in the mirror. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    why are they giving tamera another really old song

theres no way she can live up to shirley bassey doing that song unless they are gonna do some twist on it

This its another tactic for them to try and gain her votes whats the odds she will get a late slot again.

Looking forward to seeing Luke and Nicholas.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I'm lookiing forward to seeing the two best singers there-Sam B and Tamera. :D :cool:
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good post! You must have been born with ears.

I notice 'The Gang' are now posting more false accusations in posts that I have said things when I didn't. - Bless!

They seems no reality in their world at all.

Oh well...........

'The Gang' lmao, and I'm pretty sure you're talking about me with the false accusations thing so here's the post I was referring to:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69671222&postcount=15
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I state that (whoever) has sung weak and flat, that is a statement of fact.

You can pretend my 30+ years of experience doesn't exist, but that wouldn't be a fact either.

I care little if you believe me or not as all your posts seem to be based on just what you imagine instead of reality, that they can be taken with a pinch of salt.

But it seem that you are operation almost under a belief system wereas if you can drag everything and everyone to being nothing but opinion, you imagine you have a point.

That is not the case.

Let's stick to facts instead of fan obsessed fantasy land.
    And let's stop forming little gangs of Tamera fans who go around fighting other's battles for them and answering for each other.

You tell us about your 30+ years experience which I salute you BUT on your profile it says you are 23 years old - now how does that work? :D
    Are you telling FACTS? ;)
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    You always have an issue with Tamera. :rolleyes:

And you always have an issue with people that have an issue with Tamera. Why do you not seem to understand the principle of a discussion forum? Roland does not rate Tamera. WHW does not rate Tamera. I do not rate Tamera. That is our right and it is our right to say so. Grow up and deal with it. :rolleyes:
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    And you always have an issue with people that have an issue with Tamera. Why do you not seem to understand the principle of a discussion forum? Roland does not rate Tamera. WHW does not rate Tamera. I do not rate Tamera. That is our right and it is our right to say so. Grow up and deal with it. :rolleyes:

Your issue seems more like an unhealthy obsession with the girl. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

IDC if you don't like Tamera. It's Rolands constant BASHING at each and every opportunity which annoys me and other Tamera fans.

He's trolling her fans and he knows it. So why don't you tell your little friend to GROW UP. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    JustArun wrote: »
    Your issue seems more like an unhealthy obsession with the girl. :)

Yes Arun! I agree. It's so pathetic how obsessed they are with a 16 year old girl.

It's so sad. :)
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    'The Gang' lmao, and I'm pretty sure you're talking about me with the false accusations thing so here's the post I was referring to:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69671222&postcount=15

Thank for outing him. :)

"The Gang" is a very offensive thing to say also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sure do love this place it's more entertaining than the show it's self. :D

I'm a bit concerned for Tamera this week even though I like her song choice. Not that I think she won't do it justice but every single year other than season 1 the act that has been in the bottom 2 on week 4 has been there again on week 6. Tamera is going to be fighting 8 years worth of odds tonight.
    Forum Member
    Yes Arun! I agree. It's so pathetic how obsessed they are with a 16 year old girl.

It's so sad. :)

It is sad that they're not judging her on her performances. Because they know she's been giving faultless performances, week after week.

My only issue with Tamera, is the song choices. The girl needs to do what she did on week 1 and do up-tempos, because that's her niche and that's what she'll be doing after the show. :
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    It is sad that they're not judging her on her performances. Because they know she's been giving faultless performances, week after week.

My only issue with Tamera, is the song choices. The girl needs to do what she did on week 1 and do up-tempos, because that's her niche and that's what she'll be doing after the show. :

I think they have the best chance at selling her image rather than her voice as really her voice isn't that special. Selling the image these days may be more marketable given the decrease in quality of music in the last 5 or so years - after all look at the current top 10 in the UK, there isn't much of original note in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will Hannah be wearing a leather leotard and dancing around?

prison bird just gonna stand there and 'belt it out' again

Ego Callaghan gonna camp it up expect thrusting
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read some of the above posts and I don't mind if people make their points across whether positive or negative but I do think some people take it to extreme and I find some people very obsessive for the wrong and right reasons. I value peoples comments on here negative and positive and there are certain artists we will like or not like. However, saying the same thing again and again can be very tiresome and repetitive. Tamera has been the controversial contestant this year but everyone will view her differently. As a fan of Tamera, I've defended her when I needed to but gave her constructive criticism when it was necessary.
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »

I certainly hope not. Last week's performance left me a bit queasy. Her attempt at being sexy, should never be attempted again. :mad::cry::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »

prison bird just gonna stand there and 'belt it out' again

Ego Callaghan gonna camp it up expect thrusting

Did you really have to put that image in my head right after I have eaten? :eek::mad::p *goes and vomits in the toilet*
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been mentioned before (I couldn't be bothered reading through all 7 pages) but I think it is interesting that Tamera has been given a Bond theme.

- In recent years -

Kitty - Live and Let Die - Bottom 2
    Craig - Licence to Kill - Bottom 2
    Hannah - Skyfall - Bottom 2

Bond themes don't seem to be a hit with the voters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No one with any sense rates Tamera. :D