Options

the final result

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Nice for Jodie as this is her chance but Jessie is clearly the talent & the result is unfortunate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Depends how you judge it.

On the night, Jessie stole the show, completely.

Over the competition, Jodie's had more "great" performances than OK ones; Jessie's had a couple of OK ones and (excepting tonight) a couple of "outstanding" ones. Jodie's the more consistent.

Since Rachel left, I was hoping (and was sure) Jodie would take it. After tonight's show(s), I was hoping Jessie would take it. Bit disappointed now. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    wrong decision and Andrew Lloyd Webber knows it judging by his reaction when it was announced. The panel said it all - Cameron, Andrew and Barry are all theatrical legends - what do John and Denise know?
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Jessie was by far the better of the two and probably fits the role better so it's a shame she didn't win. I'm sure Andrew and Cameron are happy but they both wanted Jessie cast as Nancy.

Wrong decision IMO and I have a feeling it was more about Jodies bubbly personality than her talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    actually had to switch off after the result was announced couldn't bear it for Jessie :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indigomoon wrote: »
    I've never been so happy about a winner on a reality show before. I am completely thrilled for Jodie.:)

Me too, [except when Will won.]

Thank goodness Jodie won, many congratulations to Jodie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Jessie was robbed I'm gutted. I won't pay to see Jodie. Jessie outshone her tonight in every performance

I'M GUTTED THE WRONG ONE WON. poor Jessie If she'd had the home vote she'd have wiped the floor with them all
  • Options
    rowanhudgerowanhudge Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    The horse over the filly.......
    wrong result for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    islastar wrote: »
    Jessie outsung Jodie all night.

In the end Jodie was always going to win because the panel have been on her side the past few weeks.

rubbish john and denied maybe but the other 3 have been totally against her ! Best result ever camerons face was a picture !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    What a shame :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    One of the worst winners ever. Rachel is my Nancy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jessie should have won. She's just so talented. Her performance tonight of The Man That Got Away gave me goosebumps. Maybe CM will get her to do the other four shows a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    So annoyed. Jessie was miles better. But at least she will get an even better role in something else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure, don't think she will hold 8 shows a week, not sure, happy for her but...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessie was in floods of tears which just showed me how much jessie wanted it and it wasn't fair that jodie had her home vote and jessie didn't when she was just the best one by far
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodie was the best. She deserved to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    islastar wrote: »
    Jessie outsung Jodie all night.

In the end Jodie was always going to win because the panel have been on her side the past few weeks.

rubbish john and denise maybe but the other 3 have been totally against her ! Best result ever camerons face was a picture !
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Jessie had something that appealed to Cameron and Andrew so I'm sure her career will take off!

This was sort of a last chance for Jodie really so I'm pleased for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised how many said that Jessie out performed Jodie across the board tonight-yet still voted multiple times for Jodie! The good old GBP have done it again! I, for one, won't be parting with my money to see Jodie, I can see better than her performing in hotel bars up and down the country. What a shame!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, definite disadvantage for Jess without the home vote. I'm so sad for her. She won't be enjoying the wrap party tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Jodie is 28!!!! it's not her last chance by far!!!!
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petcar wrote: »
    I'm surprised how many said that Jessie out performed Jodie across the board tonight-yet still voted multiple times for Jodie! The good old GBP have done it again! I, for one, won't be parting with my money to see Jodie, I can see better than her performing in hotel bars up and down the country. What a shame!

Hell, I've seen better on end of pier shows.

Still, the GBP wanted her so best of luck to her.
  • Options
    gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    legend1989 wrote: »
    One of the worst winners ever. Rachel is my Nancy

I agree, but they wanted Jessie to win so much he got rid of all the talent.

I'm happy Jodie won:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I think the public chose the 'safe, likeable' option and she probably won over alot of people with her exubarent personality and the fact she's an everyday, working class sorta girl.

But it was no doubt the wrong decision, perhaps if Aslong As He Needs Me had been sung earlier in the evening it might have affected the results a little, because Jessie absolutely wiped the floor with Jodie, anyone who couldn't see that is probably a mug. Jodie was probably the most consistent in the competition, I'm pleased for her, but I shant be paying for a ticket to Oliver like I would have if the much more memorable girl had won.

To sum it up, Jodie can show you a jolly good time, but Jessie can make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and make you feel gooey inside. I'd pick the latter every time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Im made up Jodie won, she was consistently very good or brilliant every week. Jessie had a couple of really good few performances singing wise but i didnt rate her acting skills and her dancing wasnt great either.
    Also there was just something about her that made her unlikeable, she came across to me as being quite arrogant and above everyone else.

Jodie was more convincing in conveying the emotions, words and meanings of the songs way better than Jessie did.