Microsoft to reveal 'major game' comes free with Xbox One

2»

Comments

• Options
    wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

It's the best selling UK game and will have ramifications for retail, but seeing as his source is selling the game as a loss leader leads us to believe its a supermarket? GAME & HMV always sell it full price.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    DRM, going multi region, headsets, HDMI cables, disabling Kinect, limited launch, free games..... Something is very VERY wrong.

The only thing I see wrong there is that all of that stuff wasnt standard from the start. You see it as something wrong with their current situation, I see it as MS realising that they've done wrong and are now trying to put it right. Don't get me wrong, it's very much damage limitation, but at least they're doing something positive about it.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is good news if true. I did predict this after e3, where they would have to put in a free game with the console to balance out the price difference. I would rather they gave you a choice between a few games. Maybe bundle in a xbone code that could take you to a screen where you can choose your game. The only game worse than fifa would be Kinect sports:D and yes I do suck at fifa but I do enjoy it. Thankfully Kinect sports has been delayed:D
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The only thing I see wrong there is that all of that stuff wasnt standard from the start. You see it as something wrong with their current situation, I see it as MS realising that they've done wrong and are now trying to put it right. Don't get me wrong, it's very much damage limitation, but at least they're doing something positive about it.

It's simply the fact that they've already tried SO MANY different things to put things right (solving issues that should never have existed in the first place) and now have to resort to giving games away to try and appeal to gamers. Where will it end?

At least they are trying to do something I suppose, rather than blindly allow their console to languish like Nintendo seem to be doing.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's looking like FIFA exclusives are coming Xbox's way but by the wording it just sounds like exclusive content and not a free copy of FIFA 14. I guess tomorrow will confirm one way or an other.

https://mobile.twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/369564451118129152

Eta: Durr. Me being stupid. That was already announced months ago. As you were. :o
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    It'll probably just be an xbox live arcade game. Dont forget a 'major [anything]' to someone or something in the USA is likely to be an over-statement to the rest of the world...

'Major' League Baseball? Its what we call rounders which is played by girls for example ;)
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only the Internet can make a company giving a way a free game seem like a bad thing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont think its a bad thing however the posts wondering if its going to be FIFA14 for example I personally think are a bit wide of the mark, unless they have dumped a shed-load of money on EA which I doubt - they might have, but I doubt it.

NOTE: personal opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I'm surprised they aren't giving away a 12 month Live code. I mean the outlay wouldn't cost MS anything and they would probably gain a lot more customers in the long run who get used to Gold and keep on paying for it a year later.

Live + a free game would suddenly make the console more equal in terms of value to the PS4. Of course the Internet will say otherwise. Some of the comments on Eurogamer are shocking about this rumor. If MS were to give away a car and a holiday to Mexico for 2 weeks people would still shoot it down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking, surely it would have to be an unannounced game? I mean retailers wouldn't be happy if MS were to turn around and suddenly offer one of the pre-order games for free making everyone cancel that order.

It would have to be one no one has heard of yet to keep them happy as no one could have pre-ordered it yet.
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    It'll probably just be an xbox live arcade game. Dont forget a 'major [anything]' to someone or something in the USA is likely to be an over-statement to the rest of the world...

'Major' League Baseball? Its what we call rounders which is played by girls for example ;)

Like soccer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey I wouldn't say no to a 12 month live sub - I'd willingly take that over FIFA 14.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a508192/call-of-duty-ghosts-european-bundle-exclusive-content-announced.html

COD!

It comes with a game I like :D:D

And there will be dedicated servers on Xbox Cloud!!:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a508192/call-of-duty-ghosts-european-bundle-exclusive-content-announced.html

COD!

It comes with a game I like :D:D

And there will be dedicated servers on Xbox Cloud!!:D:D

Mini, it's Fifa. That is just about a bundle, you need to pay extra for that compared to the standard price. Fife is free, COD isn't. :p
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the Xbox One pre order deadline the 15th Aug?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Mini, it's Fifa. That is just about a bundle, you need to pay extra for that compared to the standard price. Fife is free, COD isn't. :p

Oops :o and Darnit! :mad: I hate football, why is it always that!:mad:

Working on a slow computer here so making my way round the threads lol and in my excitement didn't read it properly :rolleyes:
    cooltv wrote: »
    Was the Xbox One pre order deadline the 15th Aug?:confused:

I don't know but I would like to know, just saw that in another thread! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, I hate football too.

I just hope it's a code we're given that isn't tied to the console so I can sell it later on ebay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just checked shopto.net and it still has launch date limited addition pre orders available. I dont know why I bothered listening to that guy in the other thread, he does nothing but bad mouth it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    I just checked shopto.net and it still has launch date limited addition pre orders available. I dont know why I bothered listening to that guy in the other thread, he does nothing but bad mouth it! :rolleyes:

Get that credit card out quick :p

Oh and yeah.....that person...yup....but I'm not going down that route again :p:D
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifa is not a bad game to package for Europe really. What are the US getting I have only seen the news about the European free game (Probably because this is been announced at a European show).

Personally speaking its a poor game to bundle as I dont really like Football games too much. I got a Fifa game bundled with my PS3 and traded it before I had even left town :D
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines now pre ordered with Shopto and i'l pay for the console next month when I get back from holiday :)
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take FIFA. I never buy footie games at launch or at full price, usually pick them up in January for <£20.
    And I was getting a second controller anyway. Nobody is using my DayOne controller.
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    It will be an all ages game. Not cod.