Man United Supporters Thread (Part 28)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Hows about we actually wait and see if they do get Champions League football first of all? ;)
They could still finish third in the league after all. ;)
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1653409

Comments

• SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,523
      Forum Member
      Fresh thread for us to face the music or celebrate wildly! :D
    • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
      Forum Member
        Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1653409

Bloody hell! How do i quote the misguided teachings of Batdude?
      • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
        Forum Member
        I was going to say, all those people booing Becks better shut up, right now.
      • mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
        Forum Member
        Well that didn't take long!
      • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        At least we're 27 threads in front of the Berties.

A moral victory.:cool:
      • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        As I was saying to SS-
        "That is what you get for giving him stick! :D:D

He always rises his game when people give him stick, when will people learn?! :D
        To be fair, it was against Galaxy's ex-keeper was it not (and ex-Bolton as well), so Becks would know his weaknesses would he not (if I have got that bit right??)?"

Also it is nice to be first for a change! :D:D:D:D:D
        Forum Member
        I was going to say, all those people booing Becks better shut up, right now.

And now they've got all the momentum. Montreal look shell-shocked.

Having looked at some of the past designated players (signing players outside the salary cap) I forgot about Man City's Geovanni! Kris Boyd of Rangers is playing for Portland as a DP I see.

Some work, some don't (Ljungberg!). Beckham's performances have not matched his ridiculous fee, but clearly the odd attendance boost is what the MLS care about.
        Forum Member
        How come the mighty Billingham Synthonia don't get their own thread?

Anyway, Becks should go to the Olympics. He's still good with set pieces.
        Forum Member
        As I was saying to SS-
        "That is what you get for giving him stick! :D:D

He always rises his game when people give him stick, when will people learn?! :D
        To be fair, it was against Galaxy's ex-keeper was it not (and ex-Bolton as well), so Becks would know his weaknesses would he not (if I have got that bit right??)?"

Also it is nice to be first for a change! :D:D:D:D:D

Ricketts is ex-Bradford City.

The commentary is ridiculous. Montreal are attacking and they're talking about Mother's Day.
      • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Woo Woo on the first page this time - another new thread - amazing :D
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Ricketts is ex-Bradford City.

The commentary is ridiculous. Montreal are attacking and they're talking about Mother's Day.

Bradford, Bolton, meh, they are the same to me, they both begin with the letter "B"! :D;)

I am surprised it is not Mothers Day sponsored by "......":D
        They sure do love their sponsors! :D
        Forum Member
        How come the mighty Billingham Synthonia don't get their own thread?

Anyway, Becks should go to the Olympics. He's still good with set pieces.

"who?" and "yes"
        Forum Member
        Cantona07 wrote: »
        "who?" and "yes"

You've never heard of the great Billingham Synthonia???

The only football club in the world to be named after an agricultural fertiliser???

Shocking.

And also, it should be taken into account that if Becks isn't selected for GB, he will cry, and I just can't bear the thought of that
        Forum Member
        Bradford, Bolton, meh, they are the same to me, they both begin with the letter "B"! :D;)

I am surprised it is not Mothers Day sponsored by "......":D
        They sure do love their sponsors! :D

They've just called Tottenham "a legendary EPL side". Nothing against Spurs, but what have they done lately to merit that status even from a marketing standpoint? :D

I can't wait until Nani is in MLS. If I were a fan I'd move my car to a different lot and away from the goal in which he's shooting or crossing! :D
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        It would be fun to see our midfield from 99 back together again at the Olympics (Giggs, Becks, Scholes). :D
        I cannot see all of them being picked though, as I think Pearce will pick Bale as one of his three over-age players in his 18 man sqaud.
        Forum Member
        You've never heard of the great Billingham Synthonia???

The only football club in the world to be named after an agricultural fertiliser???

Shocking.

And also, it should be taken into account that if Becks isn't selected for GB, he will cry, and I just can't bear the thought of that

I think i have referred to enough players as some sort of variation of "agricultural fertiliser" in the past to appreciate the concept of an entire team.

Beckham will rightly go to the Olympics and he will look great doing it.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        They've just called Tottenham "a legendary EPL side". Nothing against Spurs, but what have they done lately to merit that status even from a marketing standpoint? :D

I can't wait until Nani is in MLS. If I were a fan I'd move my car to a different lot and away from the goal in which he's shooting or crossing! :D

I can see Rio perhaps going over there sooner rather than later to be honest, as I think he would be a good fit.
        If Nesta and Del Piero move over there, as the stories suggest that they might, it will soon get interesting as to who goes where, as there are only a certain number of slots at each club (although Red Bulls must be getting rid of Marquez soon, as he is hated there!, so that would free up a spot there for someone).
        Forum Member
        It would be fun to see our midfield from 99 back together again at the Olympics (Giggs, Becks, Scholes). :D
        I cannot see all of them being picked though, as I think Pearce will pick Bale as one of his three over-age players in his 18 man sqaud.

And you wonder why i don't rate the Olympic squad?!
      • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
        Forum Member
        scholes wont go anyway, fergie has already said the only over age player going will be giggs
        Forum Member
        scholes wont go anyway, fergie has already said the only over age player going will be giggs

Thats one more than should be going.
        Forum Member
        I can see Rio perhaps going over there sooner rather than later to be honest, as I think he would be a good fit.
        If Nesta and Del Piero move over there, as the stories suggest that they might, it will soon get interesting as to who goes where, as there are only a certain number of slots at each club (although Red Bulls must be getting rid of Marquez soon, as he is hated there!, so that would free up a spot there for someone).

Yeah, a lot of the DPs are now defensive mids or defenders and not just the glamour attacking mid or forward.

We have Torsten Frings although we play him out of position every game.

1-1 the final. Intense finish. Ricketts made some phenomenal saves.

(next day's papers)

"RICKETTS TO BE POTENTIAL DE GEA REPLACEMENT"

:D:D
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        Yeah, a lot of the DPs are now defensive mids or defenders and not just the glamour attacking mid or forward.

We have Torsten Frings although we play him out of position every game.

1-1 the final. Intense finish. Ricketts made some phenomenal saves.

(next day's papers)

"RICKETTS TO BE POTENTIAL DE GEA REPLACEMENT"

:D:D

Yeah that is strange (all the DM's as DP's), you would have thought the rule was created to allow more how can I put it, "Glamour signings", but I guess these would cost a lot more, but with the calibire of players that are now coming to the end of thier time in Europe, perhaps we will see more of them in the MLS, it would certainly be an interesting time if that did happen.

Please don't start people off with silly stories (Ricketts to be Dave's replacement!), as there are already too many stories linking us with players as it is! :D
      • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
        Forum Member
        So what is everybody doing tomorrow?

I would consider watching our game tomorrow if I thought for a second they would focus solely on us, they wont though, it'll be pop ups when City score, flipping back and forth etc, I don't plan on seeing a second of City tomorrow.

So I finally picked up Alan Wake in the Steam sale, I'm just going to play that for a few hours then drink, drink and more drink.
        Forum Member
        ✭✭✭
        kingjeremy wrote: »

I would consider watching our game tomorrow if I thought for a second they would focus solely on us, they wont though, it'll be pop ups when City score, flipping back and forth etc, I don't plan on seeing a second of City tomorrow.

So I finally picked up Alan Wake in the Steam sale, I'm just going to play that for a few hours then drink, drink and more drink.

Depending on what the whether is like in this neck of the woods, I am going to go somewhere, where I can be by myself, so that no-one can interrupt my calmness, as I wish the day, and this week away, by reading books, and watching youtube on my phone. :o:o
      • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
        Forum Member
        ✭✭
        kingjeremy wrote: »

Playing Counter Strike:Global Offensive. And drinking.
      This discussion has been closed.