Options

Fifth Harmony - Miss Movin' On [NEW SINGLE PREVIEW]

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ccqBfARO4

Jeez. How American and OTT is that? It's like the build up to a major blockbuster film release.

Gonna be a bit embarrasing if this doesn't work out. This promotional campaign really is going to be a full blown assault :eek:

That's Americans for you....it's cute :p

The Music video is being filmed tomorrow by the same creative force behind Cher Lloyd's Oath music video, so I have high hopes.

And I agree it will be really embarrassing if it doesn't work out....:o

Lyric Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRzXkho6Yw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the full song for anybody btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgLsJ2TDp94

The comments are dominated by LM vs 5H fan wars :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRzXkho6Yw Lyric video...finally clears up, that it is Normani singing in the bridge...:p

To be honest,I wouldn't take notice if the LM VS 5H fans. There are obviously going to be a few comments but I think some fans really need to understand that if they have at least 60% of the success LM have had then it'll be great...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Few listens now and..... really not that blown away. :( The way people have been going on and with the undoubted vocal talents they have I expected something really on point and polished. It's just not. As somebody who is pretty neutral, I'm just not fussed by it at all. It's no where near the quality of the covers they have done, it's a middle of the road pop song.

The over production at 2:40 :eek: So unnecessary, spoils it.

Must be better stuff on the album, surely.

- tim

PS. An acoustic version will be interesting, I dare say better.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    This has smash written all over it radio will eat this up in America can see it doing really well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    July 2nd radio adds. Finally.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much better than Little Mix's debut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »

^ I like it, very summery :)

Filming the music video at the first location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoqbMBDYuk

They've worked with Frank Gatson ( Beyonce's creative director) for choreography for their upcoming promotional tour. :)
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I got bored listening to it and closed the page down before it finished. It's probably one of those songs that I have to hear a million times before it creeps into my head, but on first listen, I thought it was boring and generic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    So much better than Little Mix's debut.
    Disagree. Wings is a better song in my opinion. Much more distinctive in sound.

Also, can we refrain from the comparisons. I'm getting sick of having to defend Little Mix and I'm sure the true is same for the vice versa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They'll be making their Television debut on The Today Show on the 18th of July. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    They'll be making their Television debut on The Today Show on the 18th of July. :)

Wow this is good promotion I'm full swing then. I'm guessing they will be going on a lot of shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Wow this is good promotion I'm full swing then. I'm guessing they will be going on a lot of shows.

They'll be everywhere.

What americans will witness this july is an unprecented, full scale promotional campaign of biblical proportions. This single will be spoon fed to the nation. Every stone will be turned.

When might we see this song performed live and/or acoustically? Very intrigued to see how it translates.

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They'll be everywhere.

What americans will witness this july is an unprecented, full scale promotional campaign of biblical proportions. This single will be spoon fed to the nation. Every stone will be turned.

When might we see this song performed live and/or acoustically? Very intrigued to see how it translates.

- tim

I hope so, and I hope the promo campaign is effective. It's interesting to see Epic has so much faith that the single will be success....

The guy in charge of marketing and artist development replied to a tweet who was concerned:
    Scott Seviour ‏@ScottSeviour 14h
    @KingLilyRose: @ScottSeviour what if radio does NOT pick up the song? is there a plan B?” THEY WILL!! It's a smash.

The track seems to be getting a lot of airplay in countries in Asia and Europe more though.

Acoustic performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pI8NHoeON0 (Ustream Quality sucks)
  • Options
    istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Their song "Me And My Girls" is being Released as a Radio Disney Exclusive, July 8th also:)
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they have 2 singles now at the same time :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    So they have 2 singles now at the same time :confused:

The second one is a promotional single. A Radio Disney Exclusive. :)

Acoustic performance HQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sndLb_Hhngg
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just heard this song. Not that impressed to be honest, it sounds like an album track and not that distinctive/catchy. But it's not bad.

It seems a bit weird that they have been pitch corrected so much AND have extra backing vocals despite them being a 5-piece group though. They've been working with some good producers so I hope they deliver something I like, as I was fond of them when they were on the show. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I just heard this song. Not that impressed to be honest, it sounds like an album track and not that distinctive/catchy. But it's not bad.

It seems a bit weird that they have been pitch corrected so much AND have extra backing vocals despite them being a 5-piece group though. They've been working with some good producers so I hope they deliver something I like, as I was fond of them when they were on the show. :)

I know I was a bit disappointed too, but the track is definitely a grower and they can definitely do better. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats what I was after! Much better than the recorded version as expected, they sound great :)

- tim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very good performance

So how does this work. Will their promotional single be up for sell as well or would they put it in an EP?
    Do they even have an EP? Because I'm hoping for the acoustic version. When is it even out in the UK?

Yeah I know, so many questions lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    Very good performance

So how does this work. Will their promotional single be up for sell as well or would they put it in an EP?
    Do they even have an EP? Because I'm hoping for the acoustic version. When is it even out in the UK?

Yeah I know, so many questions lol :D

I'm not even sure to be honest, it's so messy right now. I think it'll be included in the EP but they've filmed a video for it...:confused:. But Scott Seviour (Epic's marketing director and in charge of artist development) said it's just a song for Radio Disney when someone asked whether it was an official single. I don't understand why they needed to film a video for it. :confused::o
    Scott Seviour ‏@ScottSeviour 17h
    @themusicdealr: @ScottSeviour is that the second official single or a radio Disney exclusive?” @RADIODISNEY exclusive

Not sure about the UK release date, it seems to have been serviced to a lot of other radio stations in Europe except the UK. I think they'll wait till November to coincide with X Factor UK but that's only IF it's a success in the US first. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    @dinahcologist: @ScottSeviour are there going to be physical copies of miss movin on???” We are working on that now -- I think yes.

I like this idea!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    @KCCismybb5H: @ScottSeviour Are you confident Fifth Harmony will be the next big girl group? :)” MOST DEFINITELY!

This shows the label believes in these girls to become huge!