Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I met Bruno Brookes outside Radio 1 and he was lovely, was really interesting to talk to and pleasant. Next day I saw Mike Smith and he just blanked everyone and muttered under his breath. Also saw Jimmy Young, who was extremely polite and very dapper in an expensive looking suit.
    I've always wondered what Wogan is like. My cousin interviewed hom for the Sunday Express and found him OK but very full of himself and a few people on here have said he's not very pleasant.

I met Bruno in 1986 but, just as I asked him to sign a Radio 1 photo for me, I dropped the lid of my pen! :blush: He was a real gent and immediately picked it up before signing the photo! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ran into Keith Lemon in the street - he was all right, but then it turns out he is a satanist and he put a curse on my whole family.

Bloomin' cheek! That's the last time I peek through his keyhole.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend Richard comes from Sheffield and says Oakey is to be frequently seen walking his dog and Suzanne is a gym bunny who is happy to work out among the other people at the gym. There's nothing arrogant or unpleasant about the band and Joanne doesn't seem bothered that she has porked out a lot since the eighties.

They come across that way sometimes in interviews - they were quite rudely dismissive about my two favourite bands and I don't forgive that easily :) However there's not liking the same bands as me and possible being a bit jealous that they acheived the level of stardom that the HL used to have and then there's being decent people when not being interviewed. If people who have actually met them think they're ok then that has to the overiding opinion especially as someone who is overweight myself I can't hate someone who is cool with having 'porked' out :).
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    My wife used to work for an airline and has met a lot of famous people. She met David and Victoria Beckham and says they were both very polite and courteous.
    My cousin met Victoria Beckham a month ago; said she was very courteous and charming. In fact she happened to speak to David a few years ago and said the same thing.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Bruno in 1986 but, just as I asked him to sign a Radio 1 photo for me, I dropped the lid of my pen! :blush:

A most execrable faux-pas! No wonder you blush to recall it!

He was a real gent and immediately picked it up before signing the photo! :)

A veritable saint of a man! Deserves to be canonised!
  • odie30odie30 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilsaz wrote: »
    I’ve met literally hundreds of celebs over the years and all of them listed below were fantastic with their fans, very generous with their time, warm and friendly including:

Orlando Bloom (met Orlando many times when he did a London play in 2007)
    Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley)
    Neil Dudgeon (Midsomer Murders – I run his website)
    Colin Morgan (Merlin)
    Bradley James (Merlin)
    Anthony Head (Merlin)
    Katie McGrath (Merlin)
    Alex Vlahos (Merlin)
    Eoin Macken (Merlin)
    Santiago Cabrera (Merlin)
    Tom Hopper (Merlin)
    Steve Tompkinson
    Neil Pearson
    Ben Whishaw
    Daniel Radcliffe
    Helen Mirren
    Judi Dench
    Darren Hayes
    Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean
    Matt Evers (Dancing on Ice)
    Dan Whiston (Dancing on Ice)
    Matthew Wolfenden
    David Tennant
    Matt Smith
    John Nettles
    New Kids on the Block
    Evansecence
    Elijah Wood
    Viggo Mortensen
    Billy Boyd
    Sean Austin
    Michael Barrymore
    Nick Reding (ex Silent Witness)
    Iain Fletcher (ex The Bill)
    Kevin Whately
    John McGlynn (Silent Witness, All Creatures great and small)
    Eddie Izzard
    Billy Connolly
    Simon Shepherd
    Nigel Le Vaillant (ex Casualty)
    Adam Rickitt
    Dan Corsi (male model)
    John Simm

:cool:

and loads more

I'm a civil servant and have worked for Tony Blair, John Prescott, Gordon Brown, Tessa Jowell and David Miliband and my then local MP Tony McWalter and was very fond of them of esp Tony Blair. He was amazing to work with, I learnt so much from him and got on really well with him. :D

The only celeb I met that was really off was Michael French when he did Art alongside Steve Tompkinson at the Wyndhams theatre but there was a really annoying women there so it might have been because she kept trying to catch him whenever he arrived or left.

ONLy adore Nick Redding and David tennant and love most of th he others on your list
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come from a family of female opera buffs and in 1991 myself, mum and my aunt bought tickets to see Jose Carreras in concert in Sydney as we were riding high after the Three Tenors smash hit the previous year. We spent a small fortune between the three of us on an overnight at the Park Hyatt hotel booking a suite overlooking the opera house and the harbour. A real treat for us and we were so excited at seeing our hero in concert and staying at this wonderful hotel. Concert was great, hotel was everything we expected. We found out Jose was staying at the same hotel in the Govenor Suite the floor above us - wow :p.

Next morning after checking out we stood outside waiting for a taxi and saw a flash looking car parked at the door with 'Jose Carreras' printed on a card in the windscreen - his personal car - again...wow :p.

Just before our taxi arrived the man himself emerges from the VIP exit and someone holds his door open, my aunt was absolutely beside herself with excitement and said 'Im going to say hello before he gets in!'. She walks the few steps over, says 'Mr Carreras we were at the concert last night and we just want to say thank you for coming to Sydney'. Carreras stopped with raised eyebrows, looked at her like she was something he'd scraped off his shoe and then got into the car and was whisked away. He was with his then German girlfriend.

To say my aunt was devastated and embarrassed to the point of being upset is an understatement. At the end of the concert the night before when taking his bows four old dears stood at the foot of the stage with flowers for him, directly under his nose, and he completely ignored them. Mum said because he'd been very ill for a few years he was probably still not himself. Not likely - rude little bugger >:(
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,862
    Forum Member
    When I was about nine years old I met Leslie Crowther coming out of our village shop. He held the door open for me and said "Good afternoon' very pleasantly. He had a Rolls Royce in the car park. He seemed a true gentleman.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come from a family of female opera buffs and in 1991 myself, mum and my aunt bought tickets to see Jose Carreras in concert in Sydney as we were riding high after the Three Tenors smash hit the previous year. We spent a small fortune between the three of us on an overnight at the Park Hyatt hotel booking a suite overlooking the opera house and the harbour. A real treat for us and we were so excited at seeing our hero in concert and staying at this wonderful hotel. Concert was great, hotel was everything we expected. We found out Jose was staying at the same hotel in the Govenor Suite the floor above us - wow :p.

Next morning after checking out we stood outside waiting for a taxi and saw a flash looking car parked at the door with 'Jose Carreras' printed on a card in the windscreen - his personal car - again...wow :p.

Just before our taxi arrived the man himself emerges from the VIP exit and someone holds his door open, my aunt was absolutely beside herself with excitement and said 'Im going to say hello before he gets in!'. She walks the few steps over, says 'Mr Carreras we were at the concert last night and we just want to say thank you for coming to Sydney'. Carreras stopped with raised eyebrows, looked at her like she was something he'd scraped off his shoe and then got into the car and was whisked away. He was with his then German girlfriend.

To say my aunt was devastated and embarrassed to the point of being upset is an understatement. At the end of the concert the night before when taking his bows four old dears stood at the foot of the stage with flowers for him, directly under his nose, and he completely ignored them. Mum said because he'd been very ill for a few years he was probably still not himself. Not likely - rude little bugger >:(

That is nasty, particularly for people who have been long term fans. A real disillusionment. I would not be able to listen to their music again.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    They come across that way sometimes in interviews - they were quite rudely dismissive about my two favourite bands and I don't forgive that easily :) However there's not liking the same bands as me and possible being a bit jealous that they acheived the level of stardom that the HL used to have and then there's being decent people when not being interviewed. If people who have actually met them think they're ok then that has to the overiding opinion especially as someone who is overweight myself I can't hate someone who is cool with having 'porked' out :).

That's music for you. Mind you, Morrissey can be particularly vindictive about music he doesn't like, once referring to Diana Ross as disgusting( a diva maybe, but certainly not disgusting), The Human League as vile, and referring to dance music in borderline racist terms.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's music for you. Mind you, Morrissey can be particularly vindictive about music he doesn't like, once referring to Diana Ross as disgusting( a diva maybe, but certainly not disgusting), The Human League as vile, and referring to dance music in borderline racist terms.

Is Morrissey really as misanthropic as he seems or is it just an act for interviews?
  • Raven_CrowRaven_Crow Posts: 32
    Forum Member

And then he goes and plans a tour with Cliff Richard.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard fleeshman -arrogant and full of himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven_Crow wrote: »
    And then he goes and plans a tour with Cliff Richard.

I used to like the music, but in his interviews he became progressively more unpleasant and bitter in his views. I'm sure this Cliff Richard thing is some ironic stunt in the same way he tried to get down with National Front skinheads in the nineties until they bottled him off the stage.
    Someone did say Morrissey in the flesh isn't very pleasant and has been rude to fans.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like the music, but in his interviews he became progressively more unpleasant and bitter in his views. I'm sure this Cliff Richard thing is some ironic stunt in the same way he tried to get down with National Front skinheads in the nineties until they bottled him off the stage.
    Someone did say Morrissey in the flesh isn't very pleasant and has been rude to fans.

I dont get the appeal of Morrissey. He may have been a great counter-culture character of the 80's, but he just comes accross as a TOSSER to me. I dont get the hero worship??
    Maybe fans are dining on past glories??
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is nasty, particularly for people who have been long term fans. A real disillusionment. I would not be able to listen to their music again.

It does leave a bad taste and a feeling of deflation. You have an impression of how your fave star will be if you met them, especially when they come across all humble, affable and charming in interviews, and then you encounter them in reality where they are being themselves and...>:(

I still listen to his recordings from time to time, though generally the ones from his early days (1970's). But you're right, the admiration has gone since he showed himself to be just another jumped up little song diva.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I've met Michael Schumacher and he was lovely. Spent lots of time signing autographs and talking to all the F1 fans :)
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Richard fleeshman -arrogant and full of himself.

Blimey. It's not like he has anything to be full of himself about either.
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    When I was about nine years old I met Leslie Crowther coming out of our village shop. He held the door open for me and said "Good afternoon' very pleasantly. He had a Rolls Royce in the car park. He seemed a true gentleman.

I was introduced to Leslie, by Jean Moreton at ATV Centre.He was lovely...the life and soul of the party.He was hosting the Nurse of the Year show.Had everyone in stitches(no pun intended)...as he kept fluffing his lines(it was a recording!).
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member

AWWWWWW :( Been a long time fan of JC's, and always comes across in interviews as being sweet and a bit humble. Will continue to enjoy his voice though as I have loads of his CDs and videos.

Otherwise, it sounds as though you had a fantastic evening. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Peter Capaldi, can't say enough nice things about him.

Took my young nephew who lives in Wales to Cardiff when I knew they were filming DW, and even though it was pissing it down this fella was signing for everyone and chatting and photos with whoever asked, and didn't once looked annoyed as more people were turning up, even though he looked frozen to death.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Blimey. It's not like he has anything to be full of himself about either.

No homo but he is clearly goodlooking. Some people are blessed and he is. It is more about his attitude and I. Find him rude, very me me me.
  • r1verr1ver Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    No homo but he is clearly goodlooking. Some people are blessed and he is. It is more about his attitude and I. Find him rude, very me me me.

No homo?! What are you - 12?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Pixie Lott- Extremely sweet but mind-numbingly stupid. (Didn't meet her in any professional capacity either, friend of a friend of a friend type social event).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I dont get the appeal of Morrissey. He may have been a great counter-culture character of the 80's, but he just comes accross as a TOSSER to me. I dont get the hero worship??
    Maybe fans are dining on past glories??

Can't deny the music was good in the eighties, but the weirdness of his opinions, like saying animal rights groups should be like the IRA, got me down.