BBC Broadcasting Unions threatening disruption of Scottish Referendum Results.

THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
Forum Member
The Broadcasting Unions at the BBC are threatening disruption of the Scottish Referendum Results night programe later this month. What that would mean I don't know, but the BBC are trying to find a way out with contingency plans in trying to broadcast the results.
Ian

Comments

• Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are they going to do that - blockade all the places they do the counting?
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    How are they going to do that - blockade all the places they do the counting?

No I don't mean that. There could be industrial action by the broadcasting unions with possibly no live coverage of the results on BBC TV and BBC Radio.
    Ian.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    No I don't mean that. There could be industrial action by the broadcasting unions with possibly no live coverage of the results on BBC TV and BBC Radio.
    Ian.

So, the BBC will lose out to Sky then.....
    Forum Member
    John146 wrote: »

They could do. It's been a long simmering dispute with the BBC, about all the cuts and loss of jobs at the BBC.. The BBC unions have threatened strikes over the last few months on different occasions but they have been averted at the last minute. There news about this on different sites on the Internet.
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member

One or the other. Both state run media.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely Sky is private enterprise??:confused:
    Forum Member

Yes it is. Shareholder have control of it.
    Ian.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    Ian.
    What about the internet?
    Forum Member

Yes by our good friend Rupert Murdoch oh what a good man he is. He owns Daily Mail as well;) A quick fact- 70% of British media is owned by only 3 people. The oligarchy that control our government control our media.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes by our good friend Rupert Murdoch oh what a good man he is. He owns Daily Mail as well;) A quick fact- 70% of British media is owned by only 3 people. The oligarchy that control our government control our media.

Yup, as I thought private company then....
    Forum Member
    Yup, as I thought private company then....

That is part of running our government. So state run media. BBC is just openly state run and gets its money mostly from stealing from the peasants but no no the lemming slaves will never complain.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,584
    Forum Member

The Daily Mail is not owned by Rupert Murdoch Owned by a group called General Trust I think but the Mail has had owners who make Murdoch look like Mother Theresa
    Remember the famous headline> "Hurrah for the blackshirts" and in 1938 Lord Rothermere the owner wrote in the Mail "Czechs are of no concern to Englishmen" This was when his friend Herr Hitler was invading Czechoslovakia
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really struggling to see the issue here... It's not as if the BBC have exclusive rights to the Scottish referendum results.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No mate you got that wrong, we have a media run state...