Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a couple things came up on twitter (idk about the legitimacy of this first one though)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxSpA4cCEAAIP0g.jpg:large I have no idea what Pentagram is in terms of social media or whatever, edit: wait apparently it was posted on Leigh-Anne's instagram and deleted fairly quickly.....I want a proper screencap as proof though

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxSs54oCEAAvvq8.jpg:large damn that poster is not at all a small one lol
  • john1995john1995 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    So a couple things came up on twitter (idk about the legitimacy of this first one though)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxSpA4cCEAAIP0g.jpg:large I have no idea what Pentagram is in terms of social media or whatever, edit: wait apparently it was posted on Leigh-Anne's instagram and deleted fairly quickly.....I want a proper screencap as proof though

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxSs54oCEAAvvq8.jpg:large damn that poster is not at all a small one lol

i like the title as long as it is a banger. for some reason i thought their lead single will be called "trouble"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    "Confident" makes me think of the Bieber song from 6 months ago. Ick.
    JB92 wrote: »
    Do you guys think any of LM would make decent judges (not that they'll be on a judging panel anytime soon)? I would personally go with Jesy just to see her facial expressions at wacky contestants.
    Jade could be good in a few years as she gains more confidence (ahem). Not jinxing that they'll still be around, etc.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »

I dont think that's anything but a working title at best. It sounds like a woman's deodorant. It also might have something to do with a merch or makeup line.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't want their single to be called confident cause i wouldn't have the patience to put up with annoying harmonizers mentioning BO$$'s verse
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be unwise to have "Wings" and "Confident" as titles in their discography. :D

Edit: when that fan mistakenly said "pentagram" instead of "instagram" I thought LM had finally joined the Illuminati.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Melissa. wrote: »
    That's probably why rock bands are so snobby towards mainstream artists.

"We make real music" "We're not pop music puppets" just quoting what certain rock bands have said in the past. :D
    I'm not feeling up for a long essay about rockism vs. poptimism, so let me just say I agree with you.

I used to be a staunchly rock-only listener in high school and college but it's been so long since I encountered a critically acclaimed indie/alt rock album that really crystallized anything broader going on in the culture for me, that held any major new ideas, that got to me emotionally. And - frankly - it's also been a decade since music taste mattered to my friends. Now I just tend to go for acts that are great live and working hard to get better, as well as good people putting themselves 100% into their tracks and performances, challenging themselves. Those acts still connect with me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want their single to be called confident cause i wouldn't have the patience to put up with annoying harmonizers mentioning BO$$'s verse

It's no different to petty mixers giving Harmonizers/5h shit because 5H have a song called Going Nowhere...it just is what it is between a group of fans from both fandoms.

If the song is good I couldn't care less what it's called.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be unwise to have "Wings" and "Confident" as titles in their discography. :D

Edit: when that fan mistakenly said "pentagram" instead of "instagram" I thought LM had finally joined the Illuminati.

I was straight onto google like wtf is this Pentagram social media platform?!?!?! and then a fan was like, ummm it was on instagram, but no one has a proper screngrab of it from insta so i'm just going to assume someone is having some fun creating this lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah especially that rubber stamp font for "Confident". It looks suspiciously like someone cut off "Confidential" from another image.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See having the girls' vids shown at the 1d concerts isn't all bad ha!

Connor Smith @connorsplace · 1h
    Omg they showed a music video by a girl group named Little Mix.... IM SLAIN. THEYRE SO GOOD

Connor Smith @connorsplace · 51m
    Everyone go download @LittleMix's album. You're welcome in advance. @brettcallan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just reminded me that 1D are here at the Rose Bowl, which is probably why traffic was backed up on the 134 this evening.

Showing the videos is fine, no need for LM to be on tour with them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're supposed to get some new video from Wings being VEVO certified, arent we?
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're supposed to get some new video from Wings being VEVO certified, arent we?
    From what I see, VEVO tends to only have their video series once an artist has 2 videos surpassing 100 million views (ex. Carly Rae Jepsen and will.i.am)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poopers. I was looking forward to some new content.

OT: I was rewatching their Salute tour diary from Cardiff and I finally realized they were rehearsing the BGT choreography on the stage. I really appreciate they're the kind of group to put in that extra effort and while they were on tour too.
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://instagram.com/p/s1nr2YS8UG/?modal=true ugh listening to this really makes me want LM to have a horn section on the next tour
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Digital Spy can exclusively reveal that Little Mix's third album - the follow up to DNA and Salute - is 'Always'. Lead single Flow is released today..." :D

This 1D surprise song release has got me on edge. Could LM's team have something similar up their sleeves? It would certainly reward fans for all the effort they put into voting for awards. I have a good feeling about this album.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Digital Spy can exclusively reveal that Little Mix's third album - the follow up to DNA and Salute - is 'Always'. Lead single Flow is released today..." :D

This 1D surprise song release has got me on edge. Could LM's team have something similar up their sleeves? It would certainly reward fans for all the effort they put into voting for awards. I have a good feeling about this album.

I'm ashamed to say you had me going there, lol. I'm very gullible. An album about women's biological functions - hey, they could make it a case for their newfound appreciation of feminism. Probably. Maybe. Okay, not at all.

I'm sure we'll get something substantial on Sunday.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    I'm not feeling up for a long essay about rockism vs. poptimism, so let me just say I agree with you.

I used to be a staunchly rock-only listener in high school and college but it's been so long since I encountered a critically acclaimed indie/alt rock album that really crystallized anything broader going on in the culture for me, that held any major new ideas, that got to me emotionally. And - frankly - it's also been a decade since music taste mattered to my friends. Now I just tend to go for acts that are great live and working hard to get better, as well as good people putting themselves 100% into their tracks and performances, challenging themselves. Those acts still connect with me.

Jake Bugg is an interesting case because he released two albums only a year apart. He 20 and already taken prestige spots at festivals as well (personally I don't feel he has quite the stage presence for it yet). Incidentally he shares a co-writer with some former XFactor acts. In contrast Paolo Nutini takes 3 years or so between albums and they are sonically quite different.

I don't feel that the one album a year plan is a problem for Little Mix at their current level of success. If they were embarking on a huge world tour in February then an album should be delayed, but at the moment the only thing very likely in 2015 is a 5-6 week long UK & Ireland tour and festivals / appearances next summer. Hopefully concerts in Japan and Europe but they probably won't be away for months. If they aren't touring or writing what else are they going to do to be honest.

They also need to exploit X Factor and BGT whilst they can. Get a good number of hits and a fanbase early on then they can tour and perform off the back of them at events like Blackpool Switch On for years and years (as McFly have done).
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They also need to exploit X Factor and BGT whilst they can. Get a good number of hits and a fanbase early on then they can tour and perform off the back of them at events like Blackpool Switch On for years and years (as McFly have done).

That's not exactly aiming high lol.
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesy just uploaded a pic of their Palladium performance on Instagram.

They do have female dancers. :D

http://instagram.com/p/s2LpvYPCvQ/
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    Jesy just uploaded a pic of their Palladium performance on Instagram.

They do have female dancers. :D

http://instagram.com/p/s2LpvYPCvQ/

And the thrones in back :D
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leigh and Jade are at a fashion show today at London Fashion Week
This discussion has been closed.